Thread: tell me what you think of this please!!

tell me what you think of this please!!

heres my attempt at dubstep.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN2imBoLvHc

please tell me what you think.

Hm, well it was interesting. If you are going to try and make a dubstep song, don't make it dubstep right off of the bat. You have to make it build up to the drop a little bit. Normally when I'm making music I always try and do 30-45 seconds of a techno lead, and then for the drop I have the bass drum slowly get faster. For your song, the bass came in super quickly and it seemed really out of place. After you had that, you also should have changed up the drop a little bit. A good tip to do is when you are wanting the drop to come, drop the pitch down really low and have a couple of beats of silence. And then just hit the beat really really hard. It'll sound really good.

Also, your lead dubstep sounds is a little bit too heavy. It kind of hurts my ears a little bit, so try and find a different sound or tone that one down a little bit. I would recommend NI Massive if you are going to make dubstep, it's a great program for that. Also, Nexus is really good as well if you are wanting to make techno. Good luck, friend. If you are wanting some more help with this then feel free to Skype me whenever: PoeticFolly
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

ok thamks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticFolly View Post
    Hm, well it was interesting. If you are going to try and make a dubstep song, don't make it dubstep right off of the bat. You have to make it build up to the drop a little bit. Normally when I'm making music I always try and do 30-45 seconds of a techno lead, and then for the drop I have the bass drum slowly get faster. For your song, the bass came in super quickly and it seemed really out of place. After you had that, you also should have changed up the drop a little bit. A good tip to do is when you are wanting the drop to come, drop the pitch down really low and have a couple of beats of silence. And then just hit the beat really really hard. It'll sound really good.

Also, your lead dubstep sounds is a little bit too heavy. It kind of hurts my ears a little bit, so try and find a different sound or tone that one down a little bit. I would recommend NI Massive if you are going to make dubstep, it's a great program for that. Also, Nexus is really good as well if you are wanting to make techno. Good luck, friend. If you are wanting some more help with this then feel free to Skype me whenever: PoeticFolly
    Couldn't of said it better myself. So yeah, like Poetic said, have a good lead up until the climax of the song (when the bass drops) make the pause, and drop as hard as hell.

this is super good u should email snk to put it on stereo
    Stephanie Vo

This is amazing