Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Team

Olirus
    In my opinion, enough ec is already being given out to the community and if there was an events team: it would stop other staff from being allowed to host (and if they are what's the point in the team?); gives out way more ec causing inflation within ec items which we can't rise and also creates a team which whole object is around hosting events which they can only do once a day (if they could do more then it causes inflation again).
    Don't forget there is also event bots as well as events (and yes i know it only gives out 1 ec an hour but it's still ec) which can also be used as a source of entertainment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iT'sJake! View Post
    I do like the idea, but I have to agree with olirus. Do you guys know how when something gets released, sometimes after a week, players get bored and want new things.
    The same thing will happen with events. The only reason you want events is because it's rarely hosted, but if it's hosted constantly, you will have all your items, and realise that earning your way up was a lot more fun that actually purchasing the item.

Also, if there was a hiring for 'Events Team', even though there are many people who might have knowledge how to host, they might not match the normal circumstances a staff member needs, resulting in a lot of firings. And I can guarantee they'd get bored from hosting the same events daily in a month. And having to be checked up on for every event seems a bit unprofessional. Although there may be logs, it would be a larger amount for PRA's to check or it would need to be a new position in staff. (i.e. Events Team Admin)
    But I do understand where your going with the idea, and I really like it but I just don't see it going as 'easy' as you plan. D:
    then it will give me a bunch of chances to show off
    Honestly, I'm trying to get all of the items once I'm done with my Dual Lightsaber and all of the new EC Guns. But guess what? It'll take so much time because 80% of the PR team have fell under that one thought and admom status "2cool2host"

Ugh Cudi, i really don't want to cause any trouble but the people who want more events are the ones who mostly win. I mean right now you have EC goals which basically drove you to making this thread. Like c'mon who doesn't like my events? Being staff myself is quite a hard job: facing direspect when hosting events is really quite discouraging especially when vulgarity is being used. I say the community should show some respect and allow staff members to do things freely.

Some things i've notice when hosting events:
    -The players who want CTF (Newbies) are more disciplined towards staff members, even if they're kids, than the one's who constantly spam race or skill (Pros). Of course, this doesn't always occur.
    -When hosting trivia, people get so impatient. They show a lack of patience often resulting to inappropriate words. I mean when i have to explain my questions or something else, people, not necessarily you, though i have seen you at times, immediately say 'Hurry up' or 'Who cares'. It's actually quite tough thinking of questions to please the community. I have also made a lot of mistakes when hosting trivia. Players don't ignore it, but instead say i'm not 'well educated' or something quite rude.
    -When a staff member hosts an event that players dislike, they start complaining.
    -When the limit of players allowed in closes, players start cussing/complaining.
    -There's players who think they can boss and tell a staff member around telling them what to host and when they don't, they get angry.

These are just some of the things that make us not host events that you so call staff members '2cool2host'.

Of course, the main question is, Are you up for the job?
    Last edited by Xee; 10-09-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    Check out my youtube channel!, XeeCuRve Graal. Feel free to Private message me your questions/concerns or if you just want to have a chat on Graal.
    Username: Xee+CuRve
    Thanks!

Yes, if you get upset because someone calls you a bad word over the Internet then you need to take a lap.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xee View Post
    Ugh Cudi, i really don't want to cause any trouble but the people who want more events are the ones who mostly win. I mean right now you have EC goals which basically drove you to making this thread. Like c'mon who doesn't like my events? Being staff myself is quite a hard job: facing direspect when hosting events is really quite discouraging especially when vulgarity is being used. I say the community should show some respect and allow staff members to do things freely.

-The players who want CTF (Newbies) are more disciplined towards staff members, even if they're kids, than the one's who constantly spam race or skill (Pros). Of course, this doesn't always occur.
    -When hosting trivia, people get so impatient. They show a lack of patience often resulting to inappropriate words. I mean when i have to explain my questions or something else, people, not necessarily you, though i have seen you at times, immediately say 'Hurry up' or 'Who cares'. It's actually quite tough thinking of questions to please the community. I have also made a lot of mistakes when hosting trivia. Players don't ignore it, but instead say i'm not 'well educated' or something quite rude.
    -When a staff member hosts an event that players dislike, they start complaining.
    -When the limit of players allowed in closes, players start cussing/complaining.
    -There's players who think they can boss and tell a staff member around telling them what to host and when they don't, they get angry.

These are just some of the things that make us not host events that you so call staff members '2cool2host'.

CTF ain't mandatory. So I don't see a real need to host it, that includes Spar Tourney as well.
    STOP hosting the same events, do something like tricky tiles, cats, multirace, trirace, bush race, Gravity 2.
    You people are what makes events boring to even step into. Make it more fun, if you staffs are gonna go by favoritism or popularity, then don't host to repeat the cycle.

I'm sick & tired of playing Spar Tourney(especially) because of the people who lags and the admin doesn't bother KICKING.
    Don't always rely on the 'you've been kicked from the event. Ping: 6969', it WILL never work 100%.

And for trivia, it's bad to host something that only people from the same religion/country would know the answer. It's called Bias, I repeat its called BIAS.
    I really miss the iEra Knowledge tested or riddles. Maybe because you staff don't have what it takes to actually test some knowledge about the game's past.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    CTF ain't mandatory. So I don't see a real need to host it, that includes Spar Tourney as well.
    STOP hosting the same events, do something like tricky tiles, cats, multirace, trirace, bush race, Gravity 2.
    You people are what makes events boring to even step into. Make it more fun, if you staffs are gonna go by favoritism or popularity, then don't host to repeat the cycle.

I'm sick & tired of playing Spar Tourney(especially) because of the people who lags and the admin doesn't bother KICKING.
    Don't always rely on the 'you've been kicked from the event. Ping: 6969', it WILL never work 100%.

And for trivia, it's bad to host something that only people from the same religion/country would know the answer. It's called Bias, I repeat its called BIAS.
    I really miss the iEra Knowledge tested or riddles. Maybe because you staff don't have what it takes to actually test some knowledge about the game's past.
    1. You probably don't always go to my events that's why you think i don't host them. You also clearly didn't understand what i was trying to point out. I was saying that noobs are patient and don't mind what staff members host unlike them pros who always rant about not hosting this or that event.
    I host CTF to give the newer players a chance, unlike those ec hogs who only care about themselves in what events are hosted. Popularity? I host what events i enjoy myself: not based on what players want otherwise so called 'popularity' or 'favouritism'. This brings me to my next point, star, i stated that when a staff member hosts events that players dislike, they start, lets just say 'Complaining'.

3. I ask questions about my country because those are the questions i know about. I'm not trying to be biased AT ALL, trivia is an event that teaches you new things. Hmm? iEra's past? Maybe cause some staff members haven't been playing era as long as you. I started playing era in 2012 and BOY i was so dumb I didn't know what to do due to my young mind. Again, that's what YOU want.

Seeing that you think it's so easy, why don't you be a staff member?
    Rant over.
    Last edited by Xee; 10-09-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    Check out my youtube channel!, XeeCuRve Graal. Feel free to Private message me your questions/concerns or if you just want to have a chat on Graal.
    Username: Xee+CuRve
    Thanks!

Banned
    I can assure you that being a PR is damn easy.
    Having to just answer questions, host events & jail people unreasonably is what 'qualifies' you to become one.

My post wasn't just referring to you, it was meant to be spread throughout the whole PR team.
    Having to host the events YOU want is decent, but having to do what others told you is outrageous and just simply idiotic.
    Why follow someone's orders when you're a staff? Why host same old events? Why even bother hosting if you're gonna do the same thing over & over again?

Seriously, you 'corrupted staffs' are just another set of joke. And I mean it, I don't take back what I said easily.
    I have my rights to argue with you, because there will be many reasons behind each and every argument made.
    If you have anything regarding to this topic, PM me in-game or in-forum because this thread will get derailed very soon.

1. You probably don't always go to my events that's why you think i don't host them. You also clearly didn't understand what i was trying to point out. I was saying that noobs are patient and don't mind what staff members host unlike them pros who always rant about not hosting this or that event.
    I host CTF to give the newer players a chance, unlike those ec hogs who only care about themselves in what events are hosted. Popularity? I host what events i enjoy myself: not based on what players want otherwise so called 'popularity' or 'favouritism'. This brings me to my next point, star, i stated that when a staff member hosts events that players dislike, they start, lets just say 'Complaining'.

3. I ask questions about my country because those are the questions i know about. I'm not trying to be biased AT ALL, trivia is an event that teaches you new things. Hmm? iEra's past? Maybe cause some staff members haven't been playing era as long as you. I started playing era in 2012 and BOY i was so dumb I didn't know what to do due to my young mind. Again, that's what YOU want.

Rant over.
    if he nvr always go for your events , how did he get your hat?
    i think he doesnt want to be a staff member as he earns hates all the time in forums and prolly would be hated more when he does his job if he is a staff.

Youtube channel : xJudgementx Graal
    http://tinyurl.com/xjyoutube
    Facebook Page : xJudgementx Graal
    https://www.facebook.com/xJudgementxGraal
    Clash Of Clans: Clan name: Garaden

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonlol View Post
    if he nvr always go for your events , how did he get your hat?
    i think he doesnt want to be a staff member as he earns hates all the time in forums and prolly would be hated more when he does his job if he is a staff.
    Spoken by a member, he actually gets my point of not wanting to be staff.
    Even if I were hired, I can do a way better job than you despite having all the haters around me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Olirus View Post
    In my opinion, enough ec is already being given out to the community and if there was an events team: it would stop other staff from being allowed to host (and if they are what's the point in the team?); gives out way more ec causing inflation within ec items which we can't rise and also creates a team which whole object is around hosting events which they can only do once a day (if they could do more then it causes inflation again).
    Don't forget there is also event bots as well as events (and yes i know it only gives out 1 ec an hour but it's still ec) which can also be used as a source of entertainment.
    What? Enough EC is being given out? Then why the hell are YOU, YOURSELF, OLIRUS, are giving out these ridiculous prizes for finding you in your stupid hiding spot, while there's people who actually spend their spare time and actually earned 75 ECs? ISN'T THERE ENOUGH EC GIVEN OUT? THEN WHY ARE YOU GUYS GIVING OUT FREE ITEMS LIKE IF THEY'RE DOLLS??? It's super ridiculous how you're trying to go against my idea when all you're doing is just making the whole staff team look like a huge contradiction to Events. And isn't that the whole point of having an "Events Team". I love how you guys complain about hosting and hosting and OH MY GOSH MAN I HATE HOSTING YOU GUYS ALWAYS WANT ECS, well NO DUH? How else are we going to get ECs? We're limited to it in only 2 ways, which aren't even effective at all lmao.

Rant over.
    NO WHERE IN THE ORIGINAL OP THAT I'VE ACTUALLY CALLED OUT A SPECIFIC STAFF MEMBER WHO NEVER HOSTS. What makes you think I was talking about you? No. I don't like your events, but I know that you host. But I hate your events. Anyways, just by HOSTING gives players a chance to get better at events. I'm not asking every single one of them to say leave when I'm in the event, now am I? No. You're so bias about the new players. If I were to be them, I'd be looking for the best device to use, the strategies and watch the upperclassed players when the events. You mostly see those "OMG THE PROS ALWAYS TAKE THE EC" from players you don't even know. I'm going to call out on frost, but IMO he's probably one of the very few players I've ever seen on this server actually try to get good at something on this server that he probably knows he'll probably never surpass a person who's super beast at it (in this case, me, in Events). I don't care about how you host your trivias or what you host. I just dislike the amount of favouritism and hatredtism that's within some of the staff members. For instance, I remember you dragging Asap Con to choose an event. He chooses an event he looses and I win it and blah blah blah. I ask for an event, WHAT DO I GET? A NO. What? Lol are you serious? Do you dislike it when I'm just AROUND your EC that much. As Era News said, you've need to take a nap. I may be a big shot in the Events House, but you can't take something like that so serious that it gets to your emotions?

Would we like to be apart of the team? Do you know how long I've waited to be apart of it? Since when I haven't dropped my balls. That's how long. Do not mock any of us. You've got me fired up right now, but I could probably make you look like you suck at your job if I ever were to have your position. I've claimed and said that I would be loyal, and active on it. But apparently, the staff team doesn't like straight out honest and critical opinions, and a straight-forward and literal attitude, so that is why I'm not in it. I salute iZone for hiring Ghettoicedtea as their Guns Admin, because he is nearly like me but they can with stand the very harsh and mostly, honest opinions he has to offer.

Yall just like it nice and simple, only to your satisfaction. Jeez lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I almost forgot that you have a reply that targets me as well. Enough with protecting XSTARX, even though I have a love-hate relationship with him being on these forums.

EC Goals? Well, name one person who regularly plays events that doesn't. It doesn't have to be in there status, and it doesn't have to be someone who regularly wins. Even people who don't win have rewards. I don't like your events, as said before. Being staff is hard because of vulgarity? Well, to be honest, if you host your events in a crappy way, and haven't noticed, take a notice around the crowd. If people are complaining about you, hosting this and that, ignore them. But if it's taking forever, talking too much (my gosh, DEAR GOSH MAN. Do you know HOW MUCH i hate it when some staff member has to stall time and sound super corny whilst trying to be funny or something?), then 9/10 chances, you will be asked to hurry the living hell up. Not even in my words, maybe worse. Lmao and as I said before, like Era News said, if someone telling you a bad word gets you into your deep feelings, perhaps, going into Drake Mode, then I don't know man. You don't have the thick skin, which confuses me because..
    Quote Originally Posted by jeni
    nyway, just more raw honesty for y'all...if you are applying for staff, please make sure you have thick skin. Every person hired will need to prepare to deal with some type of negativity and harassment.
    Ignore the players complaining about missing the event. Yeah, I miss some as well but HEY it's one EC. Players who spam for CTF are the most disciplined? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH LMAO ok stop, I don't want to get into this too deep because I know you've never played events up until this year of 2014. When you host Trivia, ALWAYS know what you're about to host, what's it about, the different questions you're going to ask, ETC. Don't stall and try to sound innocent and funny by saying "Uh I can't think of questions ;>" because honestly you'll make yourself look bad as a host and sooooooooooooooooooooooooo corny. If you know you "suck at making questions", always bring 2 or 3 staff members with you so that they can ask questions too. Jeez, think outside the box. I usually don't have that problem with not getting what I want, but it's complete utter bull when you show favouritism, or more like hatredtism towards some people. I am not going to repeat myself on that part, but you know what I'm talking about.

I'm not going to repeat myself on how long I've waited for a job like this, or to even be on the PR team. And not even those reasons would allow me to go into that pathetic "admom status" of being 2cool2host lol.