Results 1 to 10 of 208

Thread: Minigun Nerf

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Yeah, like I said-- the new effect just needs to be tweaked.

    The issue with the gun was that people were able to make walls of bullets, while their movement speed was hardly impeded.
    To address that, the idea was that they slow the user down while shooting the gun, which is great.
    But like I said, it was too excessive; and I really don't think the modification was properly tested.

    The new stat is organized like this:
    0.3, 0.9.
    The first digit (0.3), is the walk speed that your player is set to while shooting.
    The second digit (0.9) is the duration(in seconds, I think) that your player has that walk speed after shooting.

    I've added the new stat to my test gun, and I've been playing with it for the past couple hours.
    After doing PK Arena(until people stopped showing up), Gz Base, Tachi Base, Pz Base, and sparring with it, I've tweaked it to the following:
    0.05, 0.17
    While it slows me down more while firing(almost to a standstill), it doesn't have as much duration, so it acts as if it's giving me a freeze comparable to a MetalStorm.
    With this addition, I'd almost fair to say that it could use an increase in damage (+1).

    I'm still playing with it, and I'm getting ready to take it to Gang Spar. Then I'll probably head back to PK Arena to tweak it to perfection.

    I'd also venture off to say that the Spectre should have a similar accommodation.
    I like the way that you're taking this and I'm pumped to see the new guns in the future that use this new stat, but you have to admit these changes are going to alter the playstyle of the minigun completely. Like turning it into a different gun after the 200k was paid. The minigun was the best gun for streaking with a quick escape but now the slow down is pretty ridiculous. It already had a really slow reload, doesn't work in events, or register kills in fort. Really not worth using the minigun at all for me after this change.

    I know this has been said countless times on the forums but please pressure an admin into offering a refund, you have to agree it's not right.
    Last edited by Skreem; 09-11-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •