Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scam?

Lightbulb Scam?

Ok since back then we were able to drop and if you got scammed you couldn't get it back and no admin could help.now people are getting scammed on the trade table. So admins should be able to help get the item back.It would only make sense.....
    Can I get some reputation points
    ¡WIZY_TEZ!(WORK)
    ^
    The First and The Last.

Here are all the reasons they won't and can't give your items back:

-Trades aren't monitored, therefore making the "I've been scammed!" claims unable to be proven.
    -There is a 15 second time limit, and you have more than enough time to change your mind/ realize you are being scammed.
    -It is YOUR choice to trade. Every time you hit that accept button, you are risking your item. If you get scammed, that's YOUR fault.
    -Admins can't just spawn a weapon and give it to you. Such actions are illegal unless they have been granted permission.
    -I have also been told that scamming is LEGAL, because the person scamming you isn't breaking any rules. They simply gave you what you didn't expect, and somehow managed to get you to accept it.

NEED ANY HELP?

PM me in-game!

I'd be glad to help you out!

Basically Muffin summed everything up
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Basically Muffin summed everything up
    Looks like Star cant comment on THIS post!
    NEED ANY HELP?

PM me in-game!

Basically what Muffin said. As well as if people get scammed on tables it's their own fault. It could be not paying attention to the amount of sellables or what not on the table, or having someone have their chat blocking the item name (/clearchat) works wonders. I think trades are logged, probably like almost everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

I agree with everything already said by muffin man and others but one thing I don't like is how easy it is to scam with giant lollipop. I know "it's your fault" and "15 seconds are enough" but still the giant lollipop scam is a common one.
    GFX NEEDS YOU
    Questions, Concerns or GFX requests? Pm me in game: Røzzer™
    Respect the Cotton Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Rozzer View Post
    I agree with everything already said by muffin man and others but one thing I don't like is how easy it is to scam with giant lollipop. I know "it's your fault" and "15 seconds are enough" but still the giant lollipop scam is a common one.
    You just have to look closely. It's funny how many people fall for that one, because it's extremely obvious. When the player holds the rare lollipop, the gani used when holding a melee causes it to slighly move up and down. Plus, just look at the name of it. If you don't notice the movement, just read and see if it says (rare) in the name. If not, its obviously a fake.
    NEED ANY HELP?

PM me in-game!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMuffinMan View Post
    You just have to look closely. It's funny how many people fall for that one, because it's extremely obvious. When the player holds the rare lollipop, the gani used when holding a melee causes it to slighly move up and down. Plus, just look at the name of it. If you don't notice the movement, just read and see if it says (rare) in the name. If not, its obviously a fake.
    Some ppl aren't as observant as you plus you can just say something and then u won't notice the movement or that it doesn't say rare.
    GFX NEEDS YOU
    Questions, Concerns or GFX requests? Pm me in game: Røzzer™
    Respect the Cotton Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Rozzer View Post
    Some ppl aren't as observant as you plus you can just say something and then u won't notice the movement or that it doesn't say rare.
    Well, if someone tries to cover up the name of an item with text, don't even bother trading with them. That's obvious
    NEED ANY HELP?

PM me in-game!

Muffin said it all but I wanted to write something too. Simply check before you accept, it's easy. Once you have got scammed there is no going back. Players always say they got scammed but really where is their proof and an admin will not be there monitoring 24/7 just to stop scamming.