Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Add sparring scoreboards/rankings!

Good idea
    You can contact me via discord: killjoy#3040

Good good good... I'd know when to stop sparring.

I like this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Big Cheese
    great idea! +1 rep

This is a good way to keep track and give names to players, i proposed an idea very similar to this which never got anywhere. I support this idea, only because spar nowadays is just a pool of fishes competing, but competing for what? For gst? A "gang" event which happens yearly? A bit of a pain to wait for to be honest, no individual competition which is a bit g*y and an over all ranking system maybe a top 10 sparrers in game type of thing would be pretty cool, ranks should not be based on wins though but beating the players from the 10th working the way up to 1st, you get beaten you go down, you win you go up. And to be able to get a chance to be in the top 10 you must reach a certain amount of wins in a day? Or maybe a streak? A legitimate one, not a boosted streak. Once again, spar nowadays is a pool of fishes, competing for nothing. A leaderboard wouldn't hurt wouldn't it?

And for these "spar oldbies" (term used for a sparrer, from vintage era as they say) who claim to be godlike sparrers who can't be beaten by today's new spar faces, and when beaten, complains saying "old era is bette"r, "these new scrubs", "annoying sparrers", i am only saying this due to my own experience hitting such milestones in spar, having these imbeciles talk down to me as if i didn't earn what i earned. I speak for all the new faces out there, we'd like to see you live up to your name.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by iLL View Post
    This is a good way to keep track and give names to players, i proposed an idea very similar to this which never got anywhere. I support this idea, only because spar nowadays is just a pool of fishes competing, but competing for what? For gst? A "gang" event which happens yearly? A bit of a pain to wait for to be honest, no individual competition which is a bit g*y and an over all ranking system maybe a top 10 sparrers in game type of thing would be pretty cool, ranks should not be based on wins though but beating the players from the 10th working the way up to 1st, you get beaten you go down, you win you go up. And to be able to get a chance to be in the top 10 you must reach a certain amount of wins in a day? Or maybe a streak? A legitimate one, not a boosted streak. Once again, spar nowadays is a pool of fishes, competing for nothing. A leaderboard wouldn't hurt wouldn't it?

And for these "spar oldbies" (term used for a sparrer, from vintage era as they say) who claim to be godlike sparrers who can't be beaten by today's new spar faces, and when beaten, complains saying "old era is bette"r, "these new scrubs", "annoying sparrers", i am only saying this due to my own experience hitting such milestones in spar, having these imbeciles talk down to me as if i didn't earn what i earned. I speak for all the new faces out there, we'd like to see you live up to your name.
    could u give us a link to ur thread bro?

Great idea I think it would encourage more people to spar.