Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: P2Ks Need Improvements

Veteran

P2Ks Need Improvements

So, I was reading a few threads and found a couple that talk about the guns. The guns are a little underpowered for their price and requierements. It is unable to deafeat the Browning easily unless skill is to be used. P2Ks are very much alike to that of the ap7 and Desert Eagles, those being 185-181K cheaper and with nothing requiered. The skins are amazing, but let's ge back to my point. As a player, I'm trying to achieve the P2K until I realized that people have bad reviews on them and saying how underpowered they are. They are good weapons just not worth the price. So, what I'm suggesting is to buff them or change their price which would be hard considering that there's many people that own them. I'd prefer the buff but to hope for it not to be a copy of the BAR with a larger clip but rather for it to be similar yet unique. Bitzam should take this into consideration noting that he said how it's easier to buff underpowered weapons because they may be easily tested whilst doing the change.

I know this is the wrong section but though that I'd have more views and opinions here. Please post your opinion on what should be done. Thanks
    -Graal since 1/3/11
    Feel Free To Rep Me If: You Found My Post Funny, Intriguing, or Helpful. Thanks!

Very overpriced gun. This weapon greatly suffers in damage per second in the very expensive guns category. Given that you need 200k total to purchase 2 P2Ks, that's the same price as purchasing a BAR. What would the player buy? The P2Ks or the Bar? Most likely the BAR. As it's a highly versatile weapon that can handle almost any situation. From dealing high damage per second to taking down enemies in a dueling situation. Become a turret or become a combatant. The BAR is widely used for many situations and defines what would be called "pay2win". You see them in bases often and in competitive events.

Here are the stats of the comparable weapons

P2K: $100000 (Must have 100,000 PK kills)
    Dual: Yes
    Damage: 8
    Spread: 0
    Freeze: 0.17
    Freeze (Dual): 0.20
    Fire Rate: 0.3
    Fire Rate (Dual): 0.24
    Reload Freeze: 0.2-0.14
    Auto: No
    Clip: 16
    Clip (Dual): 32

AP7(House 26): $5500($11000)
    Dual: Yes
    Damage: 8
    Spread: 0
    Freeze: 0.15
    Freeze (Dual): 0.2
    Fire Rate: 0.4
    Fire Rate (Dual): 0.23
    Reload Freeze: 0.5
    Auto: No
    Clip: 18

BAR*: $200000
    Dual: No
    Damage: 9
    Spread: 0.1
    Freeze: 0.2
    Fire Rate: 0.24
    Reload Freeze: 0.20-0.30
    Auto: Yes
    Clip: 25

Look at the stats between P2K and BAR. Is that considered balanced?

P2K
    +Dual wield (you can shoot on both left and right side)
    >- Negative side effect: May take longer to get used to due to alternating bullet spawn location when firing
    +Very high clip (32)
    / Same freeze rate
    / Same rate of fire
    / Some cool skins including gold and diamond
    / Same reload freeze?
    +/- No spread (depends on the user)
    -9 damage
    -Requires 100k kills in order to access it's shop

BAR
    +10 damage
    +/- Has spread (depends on user's playstyle)
    +/- Held on left side, easier to use in some situations, certain situations it may suffer on
    / Same freeze rate
    / Same rate of fire
    / Some cool skins including gold and diamond
    / Same reload freeze?
    - Smaller clip (25)

The only benefit from getting the P2K over the BAR is that it has larger clip size and can shoot on both ends. These are minor benefits, as the BAR already has a good clip size. You can spam just as long with a BAR and yet both the P2K and the BAR reload just as fast. If the BAR had a very long reload freeze, there's a significant difference. Both these guns are similar in stats except for their damage. The players who put their patience into pking for 100k kills may get disappointed that the p2k has not led up to their expectations.

There's another problem. Despite Ap7 is cheaper than the P2k, it performs almost just as well in terms of damage per second. If the user can compensate the reload freeze and some of the freeze rate, Ap7 is a better choice over the P2k.

P2K
    +Very high clip size (32)
    +faster reload speed
    / Same freeze rate
    / Same damage (9)
    - Very very slightly slower rate of fire
    - Very expensive (200k total)
    - Requires 100k kills to purchase

Ap7
    +Cheap to buy (11k total)
    + very slightly faster fire rate
    + No extra requirements to purchase
    ->Side note: The weapon is hidden and cannot be purchased during winter season
    / Same freeze rate
    / Same damage (9)
    - Long reload time
    - Smaller clip size

The main drawback with the Ap7 is it's smaller clip size and longer reload speed. Making less effective in continuous spam. Other than that, the P2k takes another 190k just to remove Ap7's weakness. Which is a really huge jump for just a few upgrades.

Buffing the P2k may not be as simple since changing the price won't be the best answer. Yet for 200k, that's considered the OP standpoint, making it trickier not to go overboard with the stats but still make it competitive with the BAR. Some suggestions would be:

- Lower it's freeze rate
    - Drastically increase fire rate but increase freeze rate as well (turning the player into a devastating turret)
    - Or drastically increase fire rate (a lot) but lower clip size and increase reload speed (making it a very fast burst damage weapon)
    - Increase damage, (this change is more of last resort as this would make P2k a pistol knock off of the BAR and won't be as original)
    - Increase fire rate
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

I agree the p2ks should be buffed if its gonna be the same price as the bar. I would've got them if It wasn't for all the bad reviews I heard about them. also its pretty unfair that the 15k spar gun the vector only cost 40k while the p2k cost 200k for 2 of them. I don't know the stats on the vector and how they compare but its just a big price difference when they're the same dmg

Veteran
    I'd change the damage to 9 or the rate of fire change babyghost suggested. I'd rather have it be a BAR knockoff than having a really overpriced gun.
    -Graal since 1/3/11
    Feel Free To Rep Me If: You Found My Post Funny, Intriguing, or Helpful. Thanks!

They should be changed so both fire at the same time like water guns I think they'd be worth the price if this was done.

Check out Warfare 2D on the AppStore
    http://warfare2d.com

Zephlyn
    agree

Newcomer
    We all agree but, maybe a price lower would be better then stat change

No p2k is pretty op
    Just being me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    We all agree but, maybe a price lower would be better then stat change
    Many people bought the guns and you expect them to lower the pricing just because of stats change?

P2K needs to be balanced right, I am not sure who's messing with it atm but it's really annoying.

Big Cheese
    I'm pretty sure a freeze of 0.17 would make it good.

- - - Updated - - -

I have p2ks, and I like them, but they have a high freeze on dual mode.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread will most likely be ignored tho.