Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Vulcan Minigun Released

Quote Originally Posted by musical View Post
    Personally I think it's perfectly balanced, if someone uses it in spar it's very easy to defeat your opponent as it only does 2 damage (I believe)
    Does 3 in perfect, I think.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Great job making all those guns of yours you are an honorary Baked Potato.
    It's called being Supah Prettyyyyy
    I'm not always a Genius but when I am I'm not.

cool
    ORIGINAL THE GREEN ALE

the flamethrower description in the ec shop is incorrect, it does more 4-5 damage, plus 4 burn(50%) plus another 1 occasionally.

i think a lot of people look at this weapon as a purchasable flamethrower, however there are many CLEAR differences that deserve to be pointed out

-The mini gun has a lot of spread, while the FT doesnt have any. this imo is an advantage for flamethrower in basing and sparring, but not pking.

-Flamethrower deals significantly more damage, up to 10 per shot
    -The hitbox for FT is bigger(I believe, it may have been nerfed)
    -Minigun shoots faster
    -the reload on the minigun is a bit longer(i think, not sure about this one either)
    -Minigun has more ammo capacity by A LOT, this is probably its greatest advantage

Their only real similarities is they have similar functionality. they are both designed to overwhelm the opponent with superior rate of fire, and low freeze. this is PERFECT for sparring, and often considered broken in spar. the FT is possibly the best spar weapon when used semi. These guns however suffer in pking situations, as the vulcan is awful in long range scenarios. they both do fairly well in basing, but only for defending.

as far as my opinion on which is better, i would say that the FT is still a little better, but thats ONLY because i prefer the 100% accuracy. if you prefer spread then the vulcan is a better choice. its also important to note that the FT is becoming increasingly common, and the vulcan is not as good of an option as bar. This means that although there will eventually be more vulcans than FTs, it will not be that big of a difference and the rarity of the FT will hold, if not increase.

on a purely aesthetic note, i think FT looks 100x more badass.

they are both good choices, and i believe any serious player should have atleast one for their many uses. but i see no purpose in having both a FT and a vulcan.

Finally, i believe that vulcan should be barred from events. this is because it functions the same as FT, and FT is barred. I dont however think it should be barred from sparring, as there are notable counter strategies for facing vulcans/FTs
    -fight from afar
    -use high spread guns
    -low freeze
    -bar/m4(addon/masterkey)/shipka/gm4 all counter vulcan/FT nicely

A nice improvement would be to make it so that movement/running speed is reduced while using the vulcan, but maybe a damage boost to compensate for this. the reason i say this is because i think it would add a new level of gameplay and strategy to using the gun, and it would make it a more skill orientated weapon, as opposed to just sitting and holding down the fire button.