Thread: Why do people take sparring so serious??

Why do people take sparring so serious??

I always spar i don't rage quit when i lose but people who lose like make excuses and when they do beat you they start calling you names and take that win so serious i know alot of people who rage quit when they lose especially to me ( since i am only 10 ) but i think sparring shouldn't be taken serious

If you win great and if you lose try again thats how you get better

Graal is just a game do not let it control your life especially sparring cause you can end up like kaiser who always thinks he is better than anybody else in spar and rage quits when somebody calls him ez
    [/COLOR]Admins do a terrible job

In game name : a ten year old

Ps. I am not actually 10 year old it is just funny to see people rage when they lose to a ten year old in spar or when they die

Graal Era has a competitive community. Especially when it comes down to sparring. All bullet spamming aside when just standing still while basing, sparring takes some extensive knowledge to defeat your opponent. Spamming exists in spar but certain spammers can be countered. This is what makes sparring so competitive that the community has developed the mentality of "I must win". Look for other games that have become so competitive. Certain communities share that same trait of "It's me that needs to win". Blame game is a common game. People can get so attached to competitive play that it becomes part of them. Finding excuses to make yourself feel better is a common method to cure a bit of your rage from losing but becomes a bad habit. Being unable to accept defeat means that you won't learn from your losses. The better way of responding to a loss is to identify what you can improve on. Think about the tactics the enemy uses in spar and find a way to work around it. Does he like rushing? Maybe rush past him. Is he spamming aimlessly? Take advantage of his low mobility and his reload freeze to win the fight. Understanding that you have room for more improvement will be a lot more beneficial than raging at someone that won't help you or the other person. Because winning all the time is boring.
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

This iEra community is so different from the one on the PC. iEra is full of casual players or children who don't get the concept of sportsmanship.
    I've seen people in the iEra community get mad over the dumbest things.

I've had players cuss me out because they can't find that "one" shield they want in my free code shop that has over 40 codes in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser View Post
    Your article has been used for the 7th edition of the newspaper.
    Be sure to read my article in the 7th edition of the Mercy Newspaper! In the once apon a time section.
    Mr Bojangle's Graphics
    Have Questions? Feel free to PM me!

This is quite understandable apart from your last pargraph, i see hypocracy. You're basically calling out another person, which will lead into another argument or some sort, hence the reason you don't rage is because you like to see others rage and loose their minds over something you say that is "just a game".

If you really want to have a good time then separate yourself from those who will do the opposite for you, easy.
    One more thing, it's kind of provoking, either re edit or get negative reactions, don't get me wrong i understand where you're coming from, it's just that one last bit.

those are people who don't understand the meaning of etiquette.
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)

You got to pull up the ultimate defense... Talk to the hand works every time.