Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Admins!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Here's my story, chronologically. My staff titles are highlighted in bold.

I started playing PC Era in 2002. By 2006, I had a reputation for exploitation. With that, I had one of the longest ban records at the time. I remember getting excited when I'd get banned. That meant an opportunity to create a new account. After getting banned, I would wipe my computer to change my DeviceID, change my IP Address, and when my computer was back up I'd purchase a new account and re-download the Graal client. I used to love thinking of abstract ideas for account names-- *Player1, *diagram, *Ven, *Snatch, *WhiteHat, *Direction, *Kastro; the list goes on. As one of the best PKers at the time, I absolutely loved the first couple hours of PKing on the new identity: walking into a base and single-handedly taking out 5 people, followed by that priceless PM: "Who are you?". There are no words to explain the excitement.

After a while I started using my abilities for good- my ban record was my resume. I was the Neal Caffrey of Era- Admins began coming to me to test out their new systems prior to release, and asked me to find exploits that they could fix. If anybody was going to find an exploit, it was me- and I did. One glitch I had found was with the treadmills- I walked a scripter at the time(Vulcan) through fixing it, but he wasn't understanding what I was saying, so he PMed me, "Get on RC." At the time, I had thought it was a temporary RC; that it would be removed once the glitch was fixed. My RC was never removed; my position was GP. (Graal Police; the equivalent to a Player Relations at the time).

At this point I was considered to be in the top 5 PKers, and one of the most well-renowned gang leaders on the server. I had effectively ran two businesses and two gangs by the time I was hired as a GP, the most well known was Black Holst, which I resurrected to glory in my reign. With these experiences I developed the love and appreciation for the game I still hold to this day: for the art of PKing, and for the values I have regarding gang and business function. I demonstrated this value, experience, and knowledge every moment I spent on Era, and in the way I posted on the message boards, and responded in staff discussion on RC as a GP- so when the title was up, I was the prime candidate for Gang and Business Admin.

As Gang and Business Admin, it was my job to ensure that all gangs and in player-run businesses ran smoothly, and that owners weren't exploiting their members/employees. If they had any issues, glitches, requests for base/business additions, etc., I acted as their liaison. At this point in time, Era started to release gang guns, and different staff members were setting the stats. It was like four different-styled authors writing a book together. It didn't work- I brought up the point that guns were getting out of hand, and that their stats needed to be crafted by the same person, to ensure consistency. Since I already had power over gangs and player-operated businesses, who distributed 95% of the guns on the server, and the fact that I was more experienced with PKing and guns than anybody behind RC, I created the title Gun Admin, and was appointed Era's first, which I took on in addition to my role as a Gang and Business Admin. It worked wonderfully-- Guns made sense again. My wife and I found out we were having our first child, so in 2009 I resigned and handed both titles to my twin brother(Masa), who was a GP at the time.

Fast forward, I joined the iEra team in 2012 because Snk needed a Gun Admin at the time(shortly after BBoyEatsBacon/Dylan resigned). Having worked with me in the past, he was aware of my experience and credentials as an Era Staff member, including the fact that I did a great job as Era's first Gun Admin on Era PC. With this, Snk hired me as iEra's Gun Admin. I resigned from the position in February 2013 because it became difficult to juggle working a full time job+school+family.

Nowadays my official title is Helper. They keep me on the roster because of my credentials listed above. I lend a helping hand wherever they need it. I'm an experienced GP, PR, GunAdmin, and I can do Events/LAT/GFX/Ganis in a pinch. I also aid the staff team with ideas and insight acquired from my 12+years of Era experience.
    Awesome

Banned
    *cough*
    Grief isn't well-known and his hired.
    What nonsense is this? You need to be popular & well-known just to get hired?
    You're cleary missing the 3 basic things in every application form, it does NOT have anything to do with popularity or famous.

Big Cheese
    Too much bolding going around kids!
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    *cough*
    You're cleary missing the 3 basic things in every application form, it does NOT have anything to do with popularity or famous.
    Yeah, you don't need to be known to get hired, just a good application, a good history & maybe a bit of luck.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    *cough*
    He's* and i find him as well known.

Banned
    I think I've used the word correctly, don't need to correct using the internet.

okay? lmao?
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    I wanna know how you guys got hired and if you were a PR, tell us why you resigned!!
    what is pr?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshoter View Post
    what is pr?
    Player Relations.
    However, there's 2 types of PR.
    One is Senior PR(the one in-charge of PR team) and regular PRs.

Quote Originally Posted by OreOs View Post
    You can get hired many different ways. Such as getting recommendations from other staff members, PR Applications, or if they feel like you are a very loyal/helpful member of the community

//edited your thread, we don't need to know why staff got fired as it is there business and its not to be discussed unless they themselves post it or don't mind.
    how do u do PR Applications