Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you hate this as much as me?!!! PMed-I reply-persons PMs turned off

I hate when you're in tts or ctf and there is one person with pm's disabled, so when you talk to your team it always says 'Your message to 'lol swagtron' has not been sent because he has disabled pms'. And then you have to keep clicking to ok button

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone hates this as much as me where someone sends you a Private Message and you take the time to respond to that message (sometimes they are asking me something that requires a long typed out answer), only to get a pop up message saying " this person has disabled there PMs"? Ugh I hate this soooo much!!

Now I do understand that maybe the person sent the private message eariler when he/she has private messages turned on and then turned it off after the fact.

Is there anyway a solution could be found for this? I just hate when I typed a small paragraph to them only to get there PMs are disabled.

The worst part is the person that sent the PM is probably thinking badly of me thinking I just ignored there PM not realizing the are not receiving a response because of you and your settings.
    Yes I bumped this this topic.
    Still hate this so much. Can there be a solution to this?
    -----------------------------------
    Rob Gentile
    Animation/Graphics

I too share your disappointment regarding this problem... spending your time writing a somewhat large paragraph only to be prompted to the "Sorry, blah blah"message. My only suggestion (if this is a repetitive issue) is to just type one letter or apply a space to the message and send it to check their messaging status.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a solution, but it would require some modifications from some Staff Members. To enable pms (even when pms are disabled) from players that you have messaged within a certain time period... Lets say... 10 minutes of online time. This way even if they log out and accept offline pms, they still have a chance at communicating after they log back in. I don't know... it's a half baked idea but if you want more info I can fire up the oven...

IM trying find pr application please and ty

For the PR application you can go back to the Forum Homepage. View News and Updates (74) and tap the Sticky:PR apps going on!... you should be able to find a link!

Good Luck!
    Midas!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, I've gathered it for you. Tap here...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12IPRApzLVBuT3JlHrGO5gO0F-kpOhWMDYiAlmG6YcW4/viewform

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CRABKING View Post
    For the PR application you can go back to the Forum Homepage. View News and Updates (74) and tap the Sticky:PR apps going on!... you should be able to find a link!

Good Luck!
    Midas!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, I've gathered it for you. Tap here...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12IPRApzLVBuT3JlHrGO5gO0F-kpOhWMDYiAlmG6YcW4/viewform
    Alright it appears I cannot post links. Makes sense I suppose. You can follow my previous steps if you wish to find the application. You may need to scroll down the conversation a little ways to locate the link.

Good Luck,
    Midas!