Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I dislike the word "noob"

I dislike the word "noob"

About the word "noob" I do not understand the meaning. I'd rather say beginner. Because for what I know, many people can become depressed, or become really sad about this word. Many people know it for a rude word for what I think it is. Many people rage when other people who call them selves "pro", call beginners "noobs". As well, they have all been there a point in the game where these "pro"s have been as well a "noob". For what I think, the only pros in the games are the staff members, because they do much more stuff for us in graal. Thy help many people, try to stop people from cyber bulling.I basically it's cyber bulling. But if I am wrong can you correct me? ~ Ate-Tita
    Ayo! It's Ate-Tita! If I make lots of mistakes it's probably because I'm still learning how to use the fourms lololol- So if I make any mistakes, please don't hesitate to tell me! Thanks!

I really am not affected by the word noob, but if you are the best comeback would be something like: A aint' even mad.

I do that a lot and they don't know how to respond to that.

If you're really being hurt by the word noob, then you shouldn't be playing graal, or most mmo's for that matter. It's going to happen everywhere you go in games. It's not technically cyber bullying, it's really a minor thing you shouldn't worry about. Seriously, just block them or something.

And NO you are not becoming "depressed" because you are being called a noob in a game. Depression is a mental illness that should be treated by professionals. So don't tell me you're becoming depressed because some child in an iPhone game called you a noob.

But really, if it does get to the point where it effects you, then quit playing. No one is forcing you to play graal.

Edit: "Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them" is the wiki definition of it.

If the police were to arrest everyone who called someone a noob, then everyone who has played a game would be screwed.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Banned
    Well, it's an online game. Unless you're disturbing someone who knows you in other social networking sites then it's alright to make a report.
    Being cyber bullied doesn't bother anyone, getting insulted by doesn't help change any fact. If it's something like a worldwide sort of case then any precautions will be take into action no matter what.

This is why we have swear filters. Never in my life except for iEra have I heard of someone being hurt by being called a noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser View Post
    Your article has been used for the 7th edition of the newspaper.
    Be sure to read my article in the 7th edition of the Mercy Newspaper! In the once apon a time section.
    Mr Bojangle's Graphics
    Have Questions? Feel free to PM me!

Thank you :P i was just wondering, but me myself i don't like the word :c . But being me I dont really care if I am called one. Thank you.
    Ayo! It's Ate-Tita! If I make lots of mistakes it's probably because I'm still learning how to use the fourms lololol- So if I make any mistakes, please don't hesitate to tell me! Thanks!

This is what I do.

"Pro": "Noob"

Me: "Show me your Brella, BAR, and Zombie Morph, and I will accept that I am a noob."

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

These people I like to call the raging generation, all they do is rage like 8yr olds. I like the idea of having it where you can select if you want to see in game chat or not.
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Zephlyn
    Depression?

My god, stop playing.

Dude, it's just a part of the game, so either just get over it and keep playing, or just quit...