Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I dislike the word "noob"

Yea! What PoeticFolly said >w<!

Big Cheese
    What does it even mean? like, where did it even originate.
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

When someone calls me a noob
    Random person: NOOB
    Me: And proud of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CluTch View Post
    I am sure noob originated from the word "Newbie"(A new player) but people started associating the word with negativity because when someone is new they aren't good at the game right away, so people started using newbie as a negative term and it somehow got shorted to noob.

Quote Originally Posted by CluTch View Post
    Not 100% sure! but this is what I think:

The word "noob" is another world for "newbie" which is the term of: being a new player, not knowing something.
    Example: you're a newb at graal. Which means that you just started, I don't see why anyone should be offended by this since we all started as noobs;newbs. The reason other players call other players noobs;newbs is because he/she may have just started on something. It shouldn't be blurred because it is not offensive at all. It's like calling someone a pro, not offensive at all, but someone can take it as if they've been playing too much, and that they think they've wasted a lot of time, but in the matter of fact, There's no such things as no lifes because its a game, if you enjoy it great, if you love it, better.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Yes, noob is newbie and someone who has no clue about a game they are playing, AceLion.
    Questions? Concerns? Need help? Feel free to contact me anytime @
    PM me in game at nickname NiteprFire(YouTube Trades)

Yeah noob came from newbie however newbie is more used to describe a 'new' player whereas noob is often used to describe a 'less skilled' player.

really when i posted a threat then you people said its not gta and is made for kids and now you say that noob is not a bd word really you people change yourself like chameleon and plz decide that is it made for kids or people who like mmorpg

Quote Originally Posted by ayush View Post
    really when i posted a threat then you people said its not gta and is made for kids and now you say that noob is not a bd word really you people change yourself like chameleon and plz decide that is it made for kids or people who like mmorpg
    Noob isn't a bad word. It isn't swearing or anything like that so there isn't a problem. The games rating allows kids to play so in these sort of situations you have to look at it like it is for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    Noob isn't a bad word. It isn't swearing or anything like that so there isn't a problem. The games rating allows kids to play so in these sort of situations you have to look at it like it is for kids.
    i am a teenager so i play like a teenager not like a kid and to say noob is also use by newbies when they are killed by a pro in a fight i have experienced it

Just block whoever calls you noob... Or unstick if they're following you. That simple.