Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2097

Thread: Graal Era Country Side

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerlatte View Post
    By that logic any game is instantly worthless as soon as someone makes a walkthrough. Which is kinda true, but really think for a sec, walkthroughs have spoiled games all throughout the history of the internet. It shouldn't be the reason just to not release something, it never has in the past for any other game dev.
    If you knew what it was you'd understand why. There is a difference between watching a walkthrough of what to do (and still needing to do it yourself) and literally being able to skip the entire walkthrough straight to the end reward

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    It may be wise to release the map for one month. Forget about the maps unfinished content, or the "incompatible" theme with the main map. Let players roam the levels for the sake of roaming around nice levels. While it may seem underwhelming to release a project with minimal content, it's as underwhelming to completely shut off an experience from the player base, especially as staff have dedicated an unmatchable amount of time into the project comparatively to any project on the server.

At the end of the month gather feedback. If the map is not received well, bring it back into its current state, which is one that's non existent. This task is of no burden on any individuals shoulders beyond removing partial content from the map. If it is received well, its existence does not disrupt the server because players enjoy it. Even if the theme is "incompatible", it's the players at the end of the day who play the game for the enjoyment of the content. Let them be the determinants.

The deletion of partial content is a task that would take less than 3-4 hours. Provide a warp in the main area, and make the existent taxi NPCs warps to the map themselves. One month is fair.

Be mindful that this idea is coming from the creator of the project. I began working on country side in December of 2011 and desperately attempted to bring the project to life, in other words, a state appropriate for release. Please take action.
    Finally some news

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    If you knew what it was you'd understand why. There is a difference between watching a walkthrough of what to do (and still needing to do it yourself) and literally being able to skip the entire walkthrough straight to the end reward
    If there's bases that's all I'm there for

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information, BiTzsam.

I will address the quest in vague terms to reveal little. It may be wise to make the main room associated with the quest obsolete, and keep it for aesthetic value to the map. The several supportive rooms can then be treated with the same value as any hidden level in Graal. Players will find them spontaneously, and if found, then they are tasked with the puzzle. The reward in the rooms then should be lowered, so leaking locations is not seen as an issue.

As for the project itself, my gut feeling says it will never be released, especially if the current constraint is associated with its main quest. If we assume this is the case, may we release the map to players given the information I provided in the paragraph above? Players would enjoy roaming the map more for a limited time, instead of hearing rumours of it and being able to explore the map once. While some levels, with minimal content in the form of bases may seem unsatisfactory, it's still greater than nothing. I encourage discussion, because with enough support, this idea may become a reality.

To put this in other words, there would be a fleeting quality to this approach, but players would still value it.

"Coming winter 2015". That was two years ago...

Any1 who isn’t working on cs shouldn’t be allowed to warp there imo
    Last edited by Bulletzone; 10-27-2017 at 02:57 PM.

I know a bunch of hardworking scripters working on empty player worlds servers that are willing to spend a hefty amount of time on the project maybe they can help?
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    I know a bunch of hardworking scripters working on empty player worlds servers that are willing to spend a hefty amount of time on the project maybe they can help?
    That won't happen if I'm honest. They'll first have to be trusted with the game files already, due to the reason they could corrupt it.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Woah it seems like the right time to bump.

Hasn't CS been completed 100%? I've seen footage of it floating around Youtube a few months back and it looked very complete.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    She can't script so no. As I said it's pointless to post in this thread until I give you an update
    violent coughing
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman