Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Refunds for nerfed guns

I disagree with the refunding of nerfed guns. But a lot of the nerfed weapons are questionable because they don't really have that much power that can severely affect the game or how gun fight fights work. They need to think or ask the community if an attribute of a weapon is to powerful before doing it.

Banned
    You're still going through this?

I just read 10 pages worth of random stuff on gun refunds.

My opinion:
    If you're gonna change the stats of a gun, atleast change the in-store description.

Example:
    M16 is advertised to deal 7 damage (I'm using "good" conditioned weapon damage.) with a high fire rate. With that said, I would think "Well, for the price, that's not bad. It's very spammy, could deal 8 max, and has decent spread". Now, there has been a nerf in damage. 6 damage now ("good" condition). I'm not getting what I paid for. I'm under the impression that it would deal 7 damage/8 damage while perfect but instead, I'm dealing 1 less damage. Now in my mind, I'm thinking "But it said 7 damage. Why is it 6?".

This is where I split my opinions. I can see why it was nerf'd. High fire rate with high damage. No brainer.
    But I'm still a little ticked off that in-store, I was lied to.

Now for the BAR. Ohhhhhhh boy. We all know what's going on with it. It's getting it's stats changed left and right. Let's nerf the freeze rate! Let's nerf the fire rate! Let's buff the reload! Let's buff the damage (I remember when it dealt 11 damage once. Holy crap.). Now we can't even tell what the stats are. Before, when I started playing Era, I thought as I ran past a BAR and ate a bullet, "Seems about right". Now it's "Oh god... Either I'm gonna live against this damned thing or I'm gonna die 20 times".

Heck, even PBP Shotgun, which made me scared to even be 10 feet in front of, now is manageable to take down. I could imagine how the people who bought it felt after the nerf it got.

OWAIT. HERE WE ARE. THIS THREAD.

Anyways, I'll just leave it at this thought:
    If you're gonna change the stats of a gun, both provide a notif from an admin while playing saying that the gun is undergoing some re-working to the stats AND change the in-store description to match what was changed.

Where I stand on refunds? I'm neutral. I can see all the rage about nerfs and not getting what you payed for but I can also see why the nerfs occured in the first place.

#BigWallOfText