Thread: A Guide of Success With Your Server

Street Boss

A Guide of Success With Your Server

Introduction

Now I'm sure that most of us have seen content or at the least, have heard of Playerworlds(Graal PC for some of you). If you haven't and you're reading this, it can be located here. You can participate in any of the servers(Era, Zodiac, UN, etc...), work for your acquaintances on their server, and more. Yet if you've ever thought of renting a server, you can find the pricing here under development gold. All very simple, yes?
    No.

My Reasoning

I've been revolving around Graal for around six years as of now and have watched work go down a figurative drain. I am hoping that the ones who acknowledge this guide will use it as an advantage.

Starting Off Right

If you want to truthfully start your server, you must do it right if you're devoted. Follow these tips and guidelines to maintain a healthy server.

Setting Goals

You need to set goals for your server. If you're willing enough to get to the home screen on the Playerworlds client, give it your all. A goal is something that you sacrifice for something else. If this may be your real goal, you must sacrifice and give it your all with the exception of time towards your other activities. Don't just have goals for yourself and the server, make sure that your staff team are willing to devote and set goals for their work.

Organization

Organization is one of the largest factors of servers from the inside out. Organization plays a major role in our everyday lives. Without it, some of us may crash and burn in the dust. This is no different from a server.

Be sure to:
    • Organize your work - Creating and maintaining folders in RC may help
    • Organize your staff - Keep track of who's doing what with management and organization of Server Ops
    • Organize your time - Make sure you're able to devote time whenever you're available or comfortable for doing so

These are all part of your work ethics and will remain close to your throughout developing a server.

WRITING.......

Side Notes

If any moderator feels comfortable with stickying this, do so.
    Ideas for this guide are appreciated

Thank you
    ------------------------------------------------------------------