22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 18.18%
  • No

18 81.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Auction "Ways"

Big Cheese Captain
    Sure, it would be more real life, but just no.
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Banned
    I like how the auctions are currently held. Gives everyone a chance to participate

I find too many decent items going into auctions, with the crappy stat or reskinned items being left for the public directly. I feel same stat reskins of weapons such as souizen and weapon types like umbrellas be sold to the public. I would pay 150k+ for a souizen type weapon. Where's they're being sold 150k or less and dominating spar, even the 200k bar I bought in 2011. There is also the matter of many auction rares that were not made tradeable simply because they couldn't drop in the past, yet are still auctioned off. There will be crying of souizen owners of course, but more joy to players who can actually have a weapon of this type without worrying when the next considered best item is put in an auction house only. in my opinion by keeping most of this content has ruined the fun since 2011. The comprise that the souizen model stays rare in looks and a different version is sold directly. If they cry then so be it, shipka and Tec-9 owners did the same thing after they were released. For people who don't know the shipka and Tec-9 were in fact auction only at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    I find too many decent items going into auctions, with the crappy stat or reskinned items being left for the public directly. I feel same stat reskins of weapons such as souizen and weapon types like umbrellas be sold to the public. I would pay 150k+ for a souizen type weapon. Where's they're being sold 150k or less and dominating spar, even the 200k bar I bought in 2011. There is also the matter of many auction rares that were not made tradeable simply because they couldn't drop in the past, yet are still auctioned off. There will be crying of souizen owners of course, but more joy to players who can actually have a weapon of this type without worrying when the next considered best item is put in an auction house only. in my opinion by keeping most of this content has ruined the fun since 2011. The comprise that the souizen model stays rare in looks and a different version is sold directly. If they cry then so be it, shipka and Tec-9 owners did the same thing after they were released. For people who don't know the shipka and Tec-9 were in fact auction only at first.
    Nope - shipka and tec-9 never were auction only. We just released them in auctions earlier than in an actual shop.
    The souizen or BAG are actual auction guns. I don´t see your point. Isn´t keeping the umbrella or souizen auction only the point which makes everyone wanting them?
    Imagine everyone had an umbrella? Would you still consider it as special? I dont think so.
    I really like the idea of keeping some items limited on the server. It keeps them special.
    #GetCreative
    Have any problems, issues or questions?
    Email me at:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Layerd View Post
    Nope - shipka and tec-9 never were auction only. We just released them in auctions earlier than in an actual shop.
    The souizen or BAG are actual auction guns. I don´t see your point. Isn´t keeping the umbrella or souizen auction only the point which makes everyone wanting them?
    Imagine everyone had an umbrella? Would you still consider it as special? I dont think so.
    I really like the idea of keeping some items limited on the server. It keeps them special.
    Ya i agree, its mainly for variety and the wanting of more auctions. Btw keep the auction system how it is. Its fair and gives everyone a chance to win

Quote Originally Posted by Layerd View Post
    There needs to be less auctions then as there are more and more auction items being sold that they lose the specialness.

My point is that there are more items going into auctions than actual direct selling of released items. If an item of a different look same stats were released these auctions would still be special, but in looks. I have yet to see why Graal administration can't acknowledge this. Sure we get reskinned weapons in holiday shops, reskinned weapons from maccus, but it doesn't make up for the overpowered weapons going into auctions only. If you are I suggest a 100k starting amount on souizen type weapons, I'm tired of seeing these weapons sell for under 100k to have them multiply in spar arenas. They make even the most amature of player impossible to spar. I myself don't even spar often, and find them alot in the arena when I do.
    If you can't understand what in implying, then it's obvious you're ignoring the fact that auction only items have ruined this game. Alot more players would be happy to just buy these items. Want something to be special, then put it in events only. I myself won a chainsaw woo I was happy, then discovered it couldn't be traded while many other auction melees are tradeable, tell me how that's fair? I spoke with a staff member and he told me it was a fact of not wanting to change them because they don't want to.

I'll leave it with this, you dump 500$ into a game, because you enjoy it well. Then watch as many of the weapons you bought are nerfed, and watch as players spend 50k on a souizen or bag to destroy you in a spar simply because this gun is special. My terms of special is what you would call money grabbing thieves. Raise the starting price of the souizen type, nerf it, or sell it the public reskinned. Another idea is to keep only melees and gani items only in auctions and keep guns entirely out of auctions.
    Last edited by Ventus; 06-24-2013 at 06:32 PM.

And for your information I've not spent a penny on this game. Don't contradict yourself please thanks.
    King of Kings
    Feel free to message me ingame for any help!

Olirus
    A way I would like to see it improved is after you've bidded, the bidding window still shows up and it updates with prices in your menu as well as the board menu, this would also stop the problem of every now and again, when you click on the bidding sign it doesn't work and you have to relog

Banned
    I like the idea alot. There is no need for all those people with no $ to be in the room. They can ser who won after, it jus causes lag. Also I agree that in auctions you should be able to post as much $ as you want. Atm auctions are all luck, tbh the richest person should win auctions. It might sound greedy, but that is how real life auctions work. People keep bidding until there is 1 bidder left who is willing to pay.