Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Closed threads.

Closed threads.

Why so many closed threads? Most don't need closing and that function is just being overused big time.
    Most of the threads I saw today are closed which is pointless. Even if the question has been answered, leave the thread open for a while. That way it means follow up questions or related questions can be asked in one thread instead of hundreds being spammed.

I've been marking the threads read so I don't have pages spammed with locked threads. Since they're being posted in as answered, it's being brought back into the new posts section, which is a bit annoying looking through trying to find recent threads to look at.

I'm pretty sure most of the threads I'm closing don't require any additional followups but I am leaving some unlocked.
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Lol if this thread closes.
    Add me on Era: Saint Pepsi

We closed some old threads, we dont think someone would check them since long time passed. I think you still are allowed to see them in answered questions..
    Last edited by Ser; 05-25-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Player Relations Admin!
    Need Help? --> Support.toonslab.com
    Need to speak with me? --> [email protected]

Happy playing!

Banned
    To me, it appears that ace is trying to clear the "Ask a PR" section. This is great, the section was so full of old threads and junk that were answered, but the poster never bothered to acknowledge, so it was never closed or moved or anything. Normally, I wouldn't like if that was happening to newer threads, in case the poster never got the chance to see a response before the thread was closed and moved. However, it looks like he's just closing old and ignored threads. So, in my opinion, what he's doing is awesome, and I'd like to thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    To me, it appears that ace is trying to clear the "Ask a PR" section. This is great, the section was so full of old threads and junk that were answered, but the poster never bothered to acknowledge, so it was never closed or moved or anything. Normally, I wouldn't like if that was happening to newer threads, in case the poster never got the chance to see a response before the thread was closed and moved. However, it looks like he's just closing old and ignored threads. So, in my opinion, what he's doing is awesome, and I'd like to thank him.
    Can't he just move it WITHOUT bumping it? It is actually extremely annoying and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    I've been marking the threads read so I don't have pages spammed with locked threads. Since they're being posted in as answered, it's being brought back into the new posts section, which is a bit annoying looking through trying to find recent threads to look at.
    The only reason they're coming up in the recent threads is because he's bumping them as well as closing them.

I really appreciate what Ace is doing. However, I would appreciate it if he could close the thread without bumping it. Because, as stated above, it does create a lot of spam, and that's no fun.
    Former Era-Go.com Moderator.

Former Graalians.com Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticFolly View Post
    I really appreciate what Ace is doing. However, I would appreciate it if he could close the thread without bumping it. Because, as stated above, it does create a lot of spam, and that's no fun.
    Yes a moderator agrees! Stop this at once.