Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p gz

Banned

Unhappy R.i.p gz

I just got a bad case of nostalgia about the old Gangster Zone Base aka Terisu.

When the Gangster Zone base first cameout it was a big deal. It was a huge base compared to the rest and a really easy base to defend, but hard to attack, also it was a unique layout that made it so exciting. The underground path and the gunshop entrance were also a neat feature many people discovered after an hour or so. Also I really liked the layout because it made attackers have to work hard to take the base, not just rely on numbers. I could remember times that 2-4 people could be defending from 10, it was exciting. Not to mention the wars gangs had there when it first cameout were priceless. My favorite war was when Obsidian had GZ and Johnaudi and a few staffs members sent out a broadcast message along the lines of "I heard Obsidian needed a challenge, everyone go to the gz furniture shop to regroup and pm me for a tag!" It was somethen like that haha. There were over 200 People in the furniture shop and some attackers, Obsidian had like 20 members online and we were setting up our defences. We camped by the shop entrance and when John launched the attack we got like 50 kills each because everyone who cameout of the shop was lagging horribly. We ended up surviving the onslaught, and wracked up a bunch of kills.

Basically all this rambling is about how I miss the old GZ style alot
    Feel free to post any of your stories about GZ and your thoughts on the old GZ along with the new.

Big Cheese Captain
    I remember basing there with EBIZOU BASE when I was in the gang. #funtimes
    iEra Developer / SFX Admin

Need help? Contact me:
    Email: [email protected]

Yea I liked the old GZ aswell

I never really got into basing on iEra.

But I loved the way that only a few players could defend a tower on classic.

That´s why I hate their new king of the hill system so much.
    #GetCreative
    Have any problems, issues or questions?
    Email me at:[email protected]

Couldn't agree more. The new one is just so easy to rush and doesn't need much skill to take.

The great thing about the old one was there was about 2 spots you could camp during an attack and it perfectly balanced out how easy it was to defend I also loved how the hall above the flag entrances was such a perfect area to 1v1. I hope it gets changed back or to something better than it's current state at some point.

Changing it back would definately be a worthwhile update

iFreeze vs Ebizou. Nuff said.

Those wars against ebi were awesome lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayze View Post
    iFreeze vs Ebizou. Nuff said.
    Everytime there was one of those it ended up in a mexican standoff where a gun wall was at one side and another near the steps. Plus alan you didnt have the old school ifreeze vs ebi war when ebi would instead of retreat to their second base they would instead drop all bases and swarm gz. After they gave up within 30minutes we would drop gz then invade their new base.