Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Macroing

Macroing

Seeing how snk put up an NPC saying macroing is illegal, something should be done about it. I've reported people who have botted, my sis has on her account, and I got warned - not system warned, just an admin told me to not false report - when it's supposedly illegal. Well, if staff won't do anything about it why don't I just start botting/macroing? I would like someone to do something about this.

Someone's doing it right now, and of course it was ignored. Search his name, when he's on go and see for yourself: Pikgaychu. Now it's Skinner

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what macroing is in runescape, basically the same thing. To those 18 viewers. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Macro

Why reward people who are cheating/breaking rules? Because this is what you're doing by not enforcing the rules you make.

- - - Updated - - -

Might as well close this thread since no one seems like they are going to do anything. Looks like I'm never using the report option again since it doesn't actually work. Whatever.
    Last edited by Mystic; 06-01-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Seeing how snk put up an NPC saying macroing is illegal, something should be done about it. I've reported people who have botted, my sis has on her account, and I got warned - not system warned, just an admin told me to not false report - when it's supposedly illegal. Well, if staff won't do anything about it why don't I just start botting/macroing? I would like someone to do something about this.

Someone's doing it right now, and of course it was ignored. Search his name, when he's on go and see for yourself: Pikgaychu.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what macroing is in runescape, basically the same thing. To those 18 viewers. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Macro

Why reward people who are cheating/breaking rules? Because this is what you're doing by not enforcing the rules you make.

- - - Updated - - -

Might as well close this thread since no one seems like they are going to do anything. Looks like I'm never using the report option again since it doesn't actually work. Whatever.
    No one replies because most of the community is afraid of "the great ban of death",that's why.I must say,you was brave enough to make such thread,so I will support you.I already encountered an awful customer care in an mmorpg and saw too many game breaking glitches in it,that's why I stopped playing it.I am not gonna talk about it's name though.My only current guess is that the current admins are pretty much lazy or/and never encountered the "macro"users,why?Because they think that it is simply impossible because of things such as crabs/"nothing here to mine"/random mines explosions and stuff.I will try to find that bot right now and will see what can I do about that...

sadly its basically impossible to completely eradicate macro users. most people dont even know what they are, let alone capable of spotting one. not to mention that as time goes on the bots get smarter and smarter. i can think of a thousand ways to get around the macro blocks for mining.
    not to mention you can make a really convincing macro if you simply tell it to type a sentence every so often, so even if you watch the person for awhile you can't tell theyre using a macro.

for those who dont know, a macro is basically where people run a program that controls their character for them. and they tell the program to mine/dig/car missions etc for them so they dont have to. then they walk away and wait a couple hours and when they return the computer has been making money for hours.

but i still agree we should do our best to stop macro users.

I for one can say that I used to macro back in 07 on Runescape and it really is a despicable way to play, but having the freedom to do anything while your character is doing all the work is very exciting. I agree that the macro that their should be a way to prevent it, but their are so many mines in era and even if one of those events in the mines happens the person could very well be sitting next to their device so staff will never catch them. I also agree that the report button doesn't work because I have reported this one guy the leader of Jamaican Shattez because his status says " bustin nutz in yo baby man since 1994" and even though that is not relevant to this thread its proof that the report option doesn't work as I have reported him at least twice and so reporting a bot user will have never have any effect. As what rorrim said.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

I used to play an MMO where botting was common, now only like 5% of the users are botting. What the admins did is get the reports from players, and if a potential bot has many reports, admins would tag the user with [BOT]. If it really IS a bot, they are banned.

Judging from the amount of people I've personally seen doing it, I get the vibe that it's not that big of a deal on here.

Way back in the day (2003-2006), I remember seeing people getting banned left and right for all sorts of macroing.
    I remember mining macros were really popular, and when shoveling came out, shovel macros.

And of course AFK-macros; you'd make your character move every 20 minutes or so to avoid getting disconnected(for not moving).
    Those were really popular in the jails; I remember people getting jailed for 24 hours or something, then end up getting banned for AFK-Bot in jail.

Jenn even made it difficult to macro treadmills when they first released, by having it alternate between three different speeds.
    And if you went too far forward, you'd get an "OOPS!" that ended up deducting treadmill points from your session, and eventually booted you off after too many OOPS!'s
    And the treadmill pushed you backwards, so you couldn't go too far back, or too far forward; you had to be vigilant to stay on.
    It was actually kinda difficult to stay on without a macro.

In order to macro treadmills, I remember creating a pixel searching macro that would send a keydown only while the pixel search was within a certain parameter, and keyup when the parameter was null(the window would move when your character moved on the treadmill). This way no matter what speed it was going at, I stayed on.

The macro had to be moderated, though. If a player came within my pixelsearch parameters, it screwed the whole thing up.
    I'd have it macroing on one window, and watching DBZ on another window.

But yeah- I really don't see people getting banned for it on iEra.

I'm not saying ban them. I'm saying if they're illegal and people are doing it, then something should be done. I actually like Officer JD's comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Idk what macros meant but now that I do I realize ppl take games too srsly. I just kill I don't need to waste my time with programming. First thing I did when I started this game was kill everything that moved. It's a killing game and you used to not need money to play it. ""\_{-.-}_/"" stop worrying about others and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Idk what macros meant but now that I do I realize ppl take games too srsly. I just kill I don't need to waste my time with programming. First thing I did when I started this game was kill everything that moved. It's a killing game and you used to not need money to play it. ""\_{-.-}_/"" stop worrying about others and have fun.
    This game ain't really a fps,it is more of a more complicated version of gta 5 that gets updates regularely.And killing in era is not the main point of it.There are lots of other things to do except killing.

Imagine a macro to do events XD that be sick!