Thread: Offline Mode flawed?

Offline Mode flawed?

I'm making this thread instead of letter to staff because I don't know if I'm the only with this issue. If you have the option to appear offline anyone who has added you as a friend can still see that you are online. This ruins the whole point of privacy as if you want to be alone someone sees you on their friends list and still can pm you. Anyone else having these issues? Please fix this.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

If you dont want anyone to PM you, turn PMs off towards everyone. Yea I'm not sure why it shows you're online to someone who has you added. Just never thought about asking about it.

you can tell if someone is using the offline feature by sending them a pm, it tells you when they are actually offline, but if you don't get the notification you can assume they are online.

they should change the offline thing to when they pm you it says that your not on and also your not in there list
    I CONSIDER MYSELF A VERY CREATIVE PERSON

Quote Originally Posted by rorriM View Post
    you can tell if someone is using the offline feature by sending them a pm, it tells you when they are actually offline, but if you don't get the notification you can assume they are online.
    The feature is mainly towards your friends since you don't know the people on the streets. Their just needs to be something added to this because I feel its broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    If you dont want anyone to PM you, turn PMs off towards everyone. Yea I'm not sure why it shows you're online to someone who has you added. Just never thought about asking about it.
    That's good option in this case also, but my gang loves basing and players ask for me for invites more than the other leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac aka joker View Post
    they should change the offline thing to when they pm you it says that your not on and also your not in there list
    That's exactly what we need!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

Bump please fix this, at least change it were our friends can't see us.

-Jimmy Dean

i would like it that when people pm us it said we are offline
    I CONSIDER MYSELF A VERY CREATIVE PERSON

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac aka joker View Post
    i would like it that when people pm us it said we are offline
    But in all actuality you're online, I wouldn't see that making sense. I do agree with making the offline piece going into the offline list, instead of your friends seeing that you're actually online.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

The only issue with this is the search facility. If players searched your name, I can't hide them from this.

I.e. Snk has ticked the appear offline button. Tricky, the 'GFX nob' (above) uses the friend search and searches for his best friend, Snk. Snk will appear in this list as 'Snk' where as if Snk was offline, it would be 'Snk (Offline)'

Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    The only issue with this is the search facility. If players searched your name, I can't hide them from this.

I.e. Snk has ticked the appear offline button. Tricky, the 'GFX nob' (above) uses the friend search and searches for his best friend, Snk. Snk will appear in this list as 'Snk' where as if Snk was offline, it would be 'Snk (Offline)'
    Another problem is for basing gangs who need active members let's say that member bases for four hours but the gang is still basing. That member turns this option on and he appears offline to them. The thing is when this happens they won't know he's on and slacking they need every member there. How are they going to know if he's really offline or online? They have to know whether he's slacking or not