View Poll Results: You think players use melees as often as guns?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,players use them often.We do not need more melee only spars at the moment.

4 30.77%
  • No,players use them rarely,classic and boxing spars are not enough!

9 69.23%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Melees and guns

Melees and guns

This thread is for discussing the balance between melees and weapons.This is not a rage thread and if you will start arguing me or harassing me I will report you to forum moderators.Guys do you think players use melees as often as guns?I mean guns are for both spar/Pk/basing and melees are for pk/basing but there is also boxing spar and the classic spar currently.My question is,you think players use melees as often as guns?In your opinion the balance exists or not?Tell me what do you think!

I really hope that if my post will get a lot of replies maybe the admins will hear us..
    Last edited by Kenan; 06-09-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    I use melees all the time but am slowly warming up to guns. More and more people are doing this as well. But the majority of Era is still gun based, which it should be.
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

I agree with Kamiroo, Era is pretty much a present-day game. Classic revolves more on melee.

I still think we could do a lot more with melees (Melee only spar)

Yes I agree, I only use a melee for breaking a base door or to fast kill people so I only have a katana and only will need a katana for years, but I'm a good guy.
    I CONSIDER MYSELF A VERY CREATIVE PERSON

Melees should be seen as a backup weapon or as a tool. Not a primary weapon. You've got healing staffs which can serve more than a close range weapon. Lightsabers that can deflect bullets (though it's not seen as the most reliable option). Melees are also great lag killers.
    BabyGhost

Currently in college. Retired from era.

Guns Reviewer

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    My hunter knife is my primary xD is that bad?
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

There should be a other slot where u can have 3thinks that u can use like 1st gun 2melees 3food like the botton the right side to pick your weppens

Quote Originally Posted by Elspiky View Post
    There should be a other slot where u can have 3thinks that u can use like 1st gun 2melees 3food like the botton the right side to pick your weppens
    i'm sorry but this is a terrible idea. as many have said before, it was already a bad idea to be able to put food in hot key but it's own slot?

Banned
    Foods in a slot just makes it too easy to heal without using hotkeys. Adding another slot will also make small phone users such as iPhone/android to have trouble playing with that many slots blocking one side of the gameplay.

In my opinion,if developers are adding more and more melees every single patch(this summer patch as an instance)they HAVE TO add melee only spars.I mean what is so hard about that?Developers add a lot of melee weapons nearly every single patch and we do not even have our own melee only spar!