Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Games. Non graal idea

Happier, gratefully. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar

The Games. Non graal idea

So I've started working on game ideas that are not graal related. I had already developed an idea and sent it to Techland, creators of the Dead Island Series. I've recently finished another idea and I wanted to see what you guys think of it first. It's a hunger games styled game and before you complain that the idea may be copyright I want you to know ITS JUST AN IDEA. Don't get bent out of shape just because I had an idea for something similar to a game.

Tutorial- Players play through a quick game with only 1 other cpu. They start off on a platform. Then a bot tells them how to move, basic controls, equip weapons, scroll between said weapons, equip armor, fighting controls, food tips and tricks, water tips and tricks, and other essentials.

Character customization:
    Players get full customization of characters as well as the choice of male, female, adolescent, Teen, Child, and more. Players can adjust height, weight, facial features, body features, voice features, make-up, hair, etc. After that players pick certain skill sets such as weapon specializations, additional knowledge, and classes that determine attributes. Now players are ready to start.

The Games:
    The Games is a Hunger Games styled Online PVP game that pits player versus player in the ultimate survival competition. Players can fully customize characters, Fight to the death against other players, form factions known as Districts, make allies, specialize certain skills, and enjoy a real strategy survival game. Game makers, also known as Admins, help players with questions and concerns and can also mess with a game if they feel like it. This game offers a wide variety of game types along with many maps, weapons , items, and more! So without further ado let's enter the next gen game that is The Games...

First things first, players can specialize their characters in whatever they think will benefit them most in the games. There are 3 main leveling systems: Weapon skills, Survival Skills, and basic leveling.

Weapon skills: These determine how affective you are with certain weapons. For instance, my character may be mostly affective with spears because those are what most of his kills are with. Effectiveness with weapons can unlock New uses for certain weapons and attributes gained from using weapons. Another example, say my character is so good with spears he can now throw them and also gain a speed boost from having one equipped. Weapons skills increase the more you use a weapon. Since I mostly use spears their skill level is at 45% out of 100% but since I barely use swords their skill level is at 5% out of 100%. Each weapon has its own gauge of use so if you completely fill one, you can begin to work on another! The amount of weapons in this game is amazing so stay tuned for that.

Survival skills: These determine how good you are at surviving in the wilderness. For instance, my character may be a skilled swimmer because I spent most of my survival points on the swimming skill. This system is completely different from the weapon system because this system relies on points your receive from leveling up. Each level gives you 2 Survival Points. Say I level up twice and and have 4 points to spend so I spend 1 on swimming, 1 on knots, and 2 on traps. There is no limit to how many points you can use on 1 skill at a time but I would recommend distributing them evenly. There are many survival skills so focusing on one...Not very smart. Each skill can only be upgraded 20 times. Each level increases performance and uses of said skill and certain combinations can be more usefully than others. For instance, if I'm highly skilled and cooking and hunting I would be a very good food person...but not tool good at medical issues.

Basic leveling- the easy stuff. Every time you gain enough Exp. you level up and receive 2 Survival skill points.

The main objective of the game is to fight to death against other players in deadly PVP. There are many different game modes that can be decided by the host of a game and each game can only hold up to 24 people. These game modes include:

Hunger Games- 24 people fight to the death against eachother. Basically free for all. Players begin on platforms facing the cornucopia full of random items and weapons scattered around it. After a 20 second countdown players are allowed to leave their platforms, gather items, and go off to do their own thing.

Team CTF- The 24 people are spilt in half into teams of 2 both spawning on separate sides of the map. Each team has a cornucopia full of regular items but they are first come first serve. Players on the same team cannot kill eachother. Their jobs are to defend their cornucopia while also trying to capture the other team's. To capture the cornucopia all you have to do is stand in the opposing teams cornucopia for 10 seconds! Simple. Players that die just respawn back at their side with nothing.

Quarter Quell- The Quarter Quell is an event held by admins that allows 48 people to join a regular game controlled by the admins. Admins can spawn mutts, toggle weather, cause fires, and more while the players below do their best to survive. The last man standing will receive prizes based on what the Admin wants to give.

Survive!: All players spawn on platforms facing the cornucopia like always. This time all players are on a team but still must get their items before everyone else. After 30 seconds of peace random Mutts will begin to spawn, natural disasters will begin to occur, weather will change, and players must survive as long as possible working as a team. All players alive after a certain amount of time will win.

After the end of each game players will receive experience and money based off of their performance. If a game begins to last too long the borders will begin to shrink forcing players to move closer to eachother. There are many different maps like malls, forests, deserts, swamps, frozen tundras, cities, etc.

The player has many thing to worry about on the field such as health, hunger, thirst, rest, and body condition. All of these make this the ultimate survival game. This may seem like a lot but once you understand all of these it will be easy as pie. Here is a more detailed description of each:

Health- ALWAYS KEEP TRACK OF THIS. Located in the upper left hand corner of your screen, health is the essential to staying alive and your gonna always wanna keep this gauge stable. There are many things that can affect it like poison, hunger, thirst ,freezing, heat, and body conditions. Health can be restored by checking these problems, fixing them, and moving on.

Hunger- This basic human need is locates just under the health gauge. Food is an essential to your survival in the games and without it you health will begin to deplete. The food gauge can be replenished by certain degrees by eating certain items. Be careful though, some food may be poisoned and dangerous...always know the signs of a bad Apple.

Thirst- A real important gauge located just under food. The water gauge depletes slightly slower than food but is more important. A lack of water will cause slower walking, headache, and rapid health depletion. Drinking or eating juicy things will replenish thirst while drinking liquids will too. Be careful to have a purifier with you otherwise bad water can make you sick, slowing you down.

Rest- Not vital but good for movement. A lack of rest makes your character slower and harder to move. Located right next to food with a percentage. 100% means well rested while 0% percent means you need rest...now. No rest at all may cause your character to stop moving for a few whole minutes! Rest can be replenished by simply sitting down or sleeping.

Body conditions- can be vital depending on the issue. The body condition icon is small diagram of the body showing the average human figure. This figure is located at the bottom right of the screen. This transparent diagram let's you know if you are bleeding or if something is broken. Red means serious, Orange means troublesome, light green means fine, transparent yet visible means perfect. Whenever a limb flashes a certain color it means bleeding while a solid display of a color means broken. A red flashing arm means your arm is bleeding and it needs to be stopped. Bleeding decreases health slowly. A red leg means you have broken your leg and should probably rest for a bit. Moving with a broken leg will strain your health dealing damage over time. Morphine or bandages can heal these problems pretty quickly. Something orange should be dealt with quickly before it progresses to a red state. Bleeding of any sort should be stopped quickly.

In the arena players will find multiple items essential to their survival such as weapons, food, water, and other items. These items can be found throughout the map, gathered at the cornucopia, or sponsored in by spectators. There is a wide variety of items within this game and they should all be accounted for:

MELEE WEAPONS: Pronounced “May-lay", these weapons are the ones used in hand to hand combat such as swords, knives, axes, etc. The Games offers many different melee weapons that players can master and utilize to their advantage. The weapons include axes(variations), swords(variations), daggers(variations), knives(variations), spears(variations), hammers(variations), tridents, blunt weapons, and more.

RANGED WEAPONS: These weapons are for those who prefer to be at a distance when fighting. Certainly affective The Games offers lots of ranged weapons but excludes guns. Some melee weapons can be thrown once the user has reached a certain skill level with them making them melee and ranged weapons. Ranged weapons include: Bow and Arrow(variations), Crossbows(variation), slingshots(variations), rocks...Yeah rocks, throwing knives, and more!

- - - Updated - - -

Too much text for more.
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

'Little did they know I was born for the role.'"

So you can be a child wielding a knife?
    Youtube:
    graalcool
    Facebook:
    graalcool
    Play Games
    Call me death or graalcool

That's the point, yes. Here's part two, the OP was too long so I was forced to section it.

IMPROVISED WEAPONS: These are weapons that aren't exactly what you guys want to have. These include sticks, flails made from rocks and sticks, knives made from stone, poison berry launchers, etc.

FOOD AND WATER: Food and water may be some of the most basic needs but can also be one of the trickiest. Players in The Games will have to consume and drink whatever they get their hands on. In the shop or in the games players can get a book that can help them distinguish poisonous foods from good ones and learn hunting and cooking basics. There is alot that goes into the food system. Some plants will be poisonous while some plants are not, uncooked food can poison or even kill, eating certain things will replenish hunger more or less than others, and more. The same complexity goes for the thirst system. Some water must be purified before drinking, some foods can replenish thirst like juicy apples or grapes, some water can be healthy but there isn't a real way to tell unless you know what your doing, etc.

MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS: Misc. Items can be sponsored or found in the battleground. These aren't exactly weapons but they can greatly increase your odds of survival. Miscellaneous items include essentials like water purifiers, anti-biotics, bandages, ointment, tree climbing
    equipment, fire starting kit, spiel, and other things critical to your survival.

Sponsors play a LARGE role in the games and can even determine who wins or loses. A sponsor spends their money to send items to a player they want to win or are betting on. Players can spectate ongoing games and bet on remaining players, sponsor items, and chat amongst other sponsors. On top of being able to send players items sponsors can poison fruit items or send poisonous berries to people they don't like. Luckily, poisoned fruit has some kind of sign that the item has been tampered with.

Districts are the faction system of The Games. Player can form and create these Districts to competed in Rival Games which are special games where 2 players from 12 districts work on teams of two to win the games. Districts rack up Wins and Losses for Perks. Perks like guild members with slightly enhanced speed or others. Districts also have a leader board to show which faction is on top and which ones seriously need improvement.

Rival Games- 2 representatives from 12 different factions go head to head in 2 team deathmatch. Winners gain a win for the faction and money for themselves while losers gain a loss for the faction and no money. The experience is still their though, regardless of win or loss.

ADDITIONAL CONTENT:
    The mailroom allows players to send, receive, and store messages to and from friends. Each mailbox can hold up to 300 messages before the user is forced to delete some. A friend's list is also available in the mailroom allowing you to chat with people.

In the shop players can buy clothing and accessories for their customized characters. Players can also change their character and buy skin slots.

There is a training room where players can try out new tactics on dumbies, learn how to use certain equipment, or try and learn food/water tips. Training in this room doesn't give experience or boost stats for the items you use or study. Simply a training room that allows you to try out things in simulations. For instance, there is a bow shooting range that lets you shoot at holographic NPC's running at you.

FUN FACTS:
    There was originally going to be a temperature system but it was removed due to its level of complexity.

President Snow MAY make an appearance ;3

Characters can buy seasonal outfits every holiday or seasons
    "'An old friend of ours dared me to try and play God...' Mak craned his neck, the advisors and guardsmen in his wake suddenly alert at their charge's blatant discontent.

He stood with a confidence we had never known him to possess, the bright orange trim of his ivory sleeves dangling so far from the scrawny arms folded behind his back that we thought the robe adorning his body might blow away completely in the winds that whipped around us.

Are you actually going to try and develop this game?
    Youtube:
    graalcool
    Facebook:
    graalcool
    Play Games

I want to know what you think of it first. Please read the original post.

Is this going to be paid or free? :S
    Incognito & Expression, Graal Name

Wanna help Luminati stay alive? cleek it!

make Luminati stay alive, it's our friend, ~Incognito

Now known as Claritii - RIP Incognito ( Not really )

I'd love to have it be free but it depends on what the gaming company decides 3:.

Make it free,and don't make it like those games where you have to buy money a lot to succeed more.
    Youtube:
    graalcool
    Facebook:
    graalcool
    Play Games

Sounds amazing. Ios or pc? And plz make it for ios lol and let ipod 4thgen play

Quote Originally Posted by Death View Post
    Make it free,and don't make it like those games where you have to buy money a lot to succeed more.
    There are no in game purchases.

Ios already has all the good games xc
    I was thinking it could be a pc game.