Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Eh, the whole thing is a moot point to me.

I think we can do better than the whole "money for basing" rewards-- sure, it's cool to have money, but I would rather the gangs be rewarded as a gang, instead of the money going to the individual.

At the end of the day, all they receive is hours, which puts them on a score board.
Hours aren't a good measure, and a scoreboard isn't much of a reward.

I've got a solution that I'd like to receive input from our forum memberbase, but I don't have the time to type up another 700+ word post right now.

Plus I don't want to hijack another thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I lied.

A real ‘points system’ to measure and showcase gang competition should be implemented. Unfortunately, gangs can take over a base during server downtime, and gain hours with little opposition. First and foremost, This seriously needs to be doctored up before making any additions to gang activity. Gangs merely idle in a base during inactive hours and rack up points; which doesn't test any level of skill at all-- It favors quantity to quality; and perhaps even geographical location.

Points rewarded for time should be minimal, and include the added perquisite of contest. By this, I mean that gangs must be within a reasonable PAR of each other in order to get 'time points' in a face off, and they must have an adequate amount members online to provide contest. I would suggest that, the gangs must be within five tiers of each other for 'time' points to be counted. Meaning, the #1 gang couldn't gain time points against the #6 gang; however, kills and deaths would still be counted; this way lower tier gangs could still have a chance to come up, and the game can take place without discrimination. Kills would add points, deaths would subtract points.

The issue with gangs adding "subs" would be addressed with this, because most of the time, the "sub" is just some deadweight member with a BAR. Presently, there is no penalty for that deadweight dying, so they have nothing to lose by having him on board. If deaths are counted against the gang, they would think twice before adding such dead weight.

Once a reasonable point system is in play, we can start talking about rewards. I'd like to see five larger bases added to the server. These five bases would be awarded to the top 5 gangs of the week. These bases are considered gang territory, and therefore should be protected. Again, gang points would be awarded for kills, and subtracted for deaths. This would reinforce that leaders be more selective when adding members.

This would also invite the suggestion of base "upgrades"-- So we could add a building where gang leaders can purchase upgrades with their accumulated gang points. This would force leaders to take more of a responsibility role, as the sole proprietor of the entire gang's hard work. Such a system would give gangs reward for kicking ***. Examples of upgrades would be turrets, extra rooms (meeting rooms, spar rooms, etc.), maybe even a gang gun(limited distribution; again, at the discretion on the gang Leader), or uniform. Of course, upgrades would need to be regulated to where they're not overpowered. It'd be a step backwards to make the rich richer. Of course, gangs would lose their base if they cannot maintain that top five; but hey- competition is what it's all about.

Gang alliances would be possible. To act as a check-and balance to prevent a powerhouse of gangs aligning with one-another, the point distribution system would discourage frivolous alliances. i.e. A victory by a single gang (three members from the same gang) would yield 15 points for that gang, however a victory by three combined gangs(three members, each from a different gang) would yield 5 points per gang.

While the plan is to create more emphasis on leadership and ‘skill’ to stimulate competition, it’s not to be misunderstood as newbie discrimination, but as a means that would enourage them to improve their game. By nature, this system will create a hierarchy of gangs. Newbies will form newbie gangs, battle other newbie gangs, and eventually graduate to the upper-tier. This gives newbies something more to shoot for.

With the system we have now, any group of nitwits can melee a chest or sit at a capture point; winning sheerly on their superior number. The hell with the chests and capture points; Do it up old school-- Give virtuous gangs a base, force leaders to lead, and call it a day. Nothing says "my gang's better than yours" than idling in your living room, PKing your gang upon entry.
I didnt read, its so long, I will not too