Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Gun Reloads

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Going to update this since it's relating to Gun Reloads.
    All guns have been added 'Sleep' ability into it's stats. Meaning each bullet you fire and then reload, you can't shoot immediately again. So it's like a recoil gun that pushes you back and then reloads very slow.

And players should be learning skills, not just randomly spamming/lagging around with their BARs and all.
    Too many lag abusers in Era, it completely ruins sparring/events/basing.
    And people that don't spam and use lag have to be affected too?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Molinari View Post
    Oh, and that's your business how, exactly? A gun that costs 200k is so sucky now and you're giving me this crap about "learning new skills"? Wow cool just coz BitzSam and Rec wanna nerf all era's guns in a severe manner all guns should become crappy? Don't start with these comments that are apperantly gonna make u look 'smart', pls. This is the worst thing on here lmao; everyone disagrees but a couple wanna look like they're 'outstanding' and agree with nerfing everything in a heavy way just for 'learning new skills'. Many wouldn't have even bought the minigun or flamethrower if they knew that the guns would be such crap in the future...Minigun was very good and players would be like "Alright! The minigun is OP as hell and Imma buy it!" and after they do they get screwed by ur way of 'learning new skills'. Just think about it man; I'm not tryna be offensive but you're making no sense...
    Simple, Learn skill then

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    Simple, Learn skill then
    You've just repeated what Slick said; I'm not gonna repost my reply just read it again, carefully, this time.

My poor Sten!!
    Boss David (PartyTeam)

Click below if you are in a caring mood!

this reload thing is stupid. bar is so bad now, waste of 200k

I just don't understand....this is one of the only game I know (My opinion) that players keep on complaining and using the word nerf. Like seriously, this is getting annoying and players are getting frustrated! Why does Graal Era keep on nerfing the stuff! There nerfing everything! Like really? What they want to do? Get rid of the players and make the game less popular? This as to stop now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    I just don't understand....this is one of the only game I know (My opinion) that players keep on complaining and using the word nerf. Like seriously, this is getting annoying and players are getting frustrated! Why does Graal Era keep on nerfing the stuff! There nerfing everything! Like really? What they want to do? Get rid of the players and make the game less popular? This as to stop now!
    Not everything is getting nerfed, I'm sure some of the weaker guns will get buffed as well along the way. But the idea behind this whole month of nerfs is that the past year or two of gun releases have imbalanced the game so much that nerfs are necessary. When I started iEra, the most popular gun was the M4. That's a gun that has never been nerfed if I recall correctly. It was strong because of it's balance between mobility and spread. But down the line, many many guns were released at an alarming pace. After using all possible combinations of stats in what I call the "M4 standard" they released guns that were even stronger than before. Such examples include the BAR and the Ghost M4. At the time of release BAR and GM4 were deemed as overpowered and there was outcry wanting nerfs for such overpowered guns. Some even say they shouldn't have ever been released in the first place. Of course, these nerfs haven't occured until this day. It would have been far more easier to balance guns before they became popular, but, for some reason or another they didn't happen; most likely because of the moral hazard included with nerfing such expensive guns.

Graal Era used to focus very heavily on skill. In the past, it was a lot easier to dodge bullets because guns weren't as spammy as they are now. Cheaper guns like the Colt6, the Glock 18, and my personal favorite, the Neo Rifle, were viable options for skilled players and newbies alike. Sure expensive guns held the advantage, but the cheaper ones required more skill to use and with enough practice it was possible to win. With the recent gun imbalance, such cheap options are nowhere near as viable as they once were. This is noticable everywhere in Era. Bases are overcrowded with Bar and Minigun spam. The gun of choice for spars shifted away from M4's and Stens to auction guns, BAR's, GM4's, and other expensive guns. In the streak PK realm, the PBP lost popularity (which can be attributed to past nerfs) while the idea of getting an expensive gun like a BAR or Minigun to shoot down the road to farm kills became the current metagame. It has become somewhat of a Pay to Win mentality which is the saddest part of any MMO. Players don't care as much about sharpening skills but just say "I'll buy that expensive gun someday" to use as a crutch for their lack of skills against said expensive guns.

The purpose of the nerfs is to return balance to iEra. I'd love to see cheap guns become popular amongst newbies once again with the M3, M16, Glock 18, and a lot of other options that were popular in the past. The recent reload sleep addition was aimed towards cutting down on spam. The 0.2 seconds of vulnerability makes players think about how to make the most of their gun clip and actually affects low clip guns the most. There was also the failed universal freeze nerf that added 0.04 freeze to all guns. The loss of mobility would also make players spam less because they wouldn't have been able to dodge as easily as they used to while spamming. The aim is not to chase away players of the game, but to make them focus on skill more. I'd say it's especially beneficial to new players and those who can't afford expensive guns because it introduces them to the game a lot more gently instead of throwing them into the current day iEra of spam everywhere.

The fact is, these nerfs should have come long long ago. But it's better late than never.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Vacci again."