Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Reloads

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Molinari View Post
    Yea but the one who did that just HAD to make himself look smart and mess up everything...

- - - Updated - - -

So what? The USELESS nerf was universal so we just have to tolerate it? We've been used to the old reload system since we started era, you know? Now every single sparrer and PKer will have to change his/her strategy to kill the opponent due to the fact that a huge change was done to the gun reloads...Just please think about this; you really wanna change ur whole style of play? I know I don't wanna and I shouldnt because this idea was the worst thing to ever happen in era's system...
    It's not useless per se, it will change our style a lot though. Most of era before the nerf pretty much used the high fire rates of most guns to pressure opponents into corners. That's still possible of course. But only until you have to reload. Both players will have to think about when to shoot a lot more before they run out of ammo in their clips. It's a matter of zoning each other out I guess. Honestly, my play style has always been run and gun, so I'm not affected as much...Reload nerf just makes me take it more to an extreme...more running to reload pretty much.

Well, just to ask, would you rather have a freeze nerf or a reload nerf? I'd say a combination of the two would be best, but not sure if it'll be as effective as something like this.

Update:
    Screenshot 2014-07-16 00.16.36.jpg

This seems better, it allows for a lot more mobility than the initial nerf while still cutting the spam and allowing reload punishes.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

New Broadcast Message By Sam!
    If you were not online, here is it:

First broadcast: Reload change was slightly altered. Instead of the actual reload being increased now the reload sleep was increased. This means every gun now has a slight fireing delay which only occurs for the first bullet after reloading.
    Second broadcast: This increase was applied by the same amount to every gun so it shouldn't make any guns better or worse that before, just take more care when reloading.
    History:
    GraalOnline Norwegian Translator (Beginning of 2014)
    Global Forum Moderator (12.02.2014 - 05.10.2015)
    iEra Newspaper Team (11.11.2014 - 01.12.2015)
    GraalOnline Ol' West Deputy (15.04.2015 - 20.07.2015)
    Communication Support Team (20.07.2015 - 05.10.2015)
    Gang Admin (05.10.2015 - 24.07.2016)
    LAT Team (24.07.2016 - 04.12.2016)
    Developer (04.12.2016 - 03.01.2017)
    Gani Artist (17.06.2017 - 06.08.2017)

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    It's not useless per se, it will change our style a lot though. Most of era before the nerf pretty much used the high fire rates of most guns to pressure opponents into corners. That's still possible of course. But only until you have to reload. Both players will have to think about when to shoot a lot more before they run out of ammo in their clips. It's a matter of zoning each other out I guess. Honestly, my play style has always been run and gun, so I'm not affected as much...Reload nerf just makes me take it more to an extreme...more running to reload pretty much.

Well, just to ask, would you rather have a freeze nerf or a reload nerf? I'd say a combination of the two would be best, but not sure if it'll be as effective as something like this.

Update:
    Screenshot 2014-07-16 00.16.36.jpg

This seems better, it allows for a lot more mobility than the initial nerf while still cutting the spam and allowing reload punishes.
    The reload was fixed but now there's a new change...hmmmm still no need for it...

I feel like they making a run for my money

New update? Brb while I test it out so I can state my opinion..

It looks liked missed the first update but there is a slight change when reloading still.
    Is like it has a small delay after reloading so you can't fire but you can walk around still. Same reload time for guns, just a delay after.
    Roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    New update? Brb while I test it out so I can state my opinion..

It looks liked missed the first update but there is a slight change when reloading still.
    Is like it has a small delay after reloading so you can't fire but you can walk around still. Same reload time for guns, just a delay after.
    Yes Sam has updated it again, instead of playing with the reload time, he has touched the sleep, which delays the first bullet of the clip slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    would you rather have a freeze nerf or a reload nerf?
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

The added reload freeze was added to cut down on spamming. The idea is, "If you don't want to be met with more unpleasant reloads, shoot less."
    While in theory, this sounds good, it's only a suggestion. It's not going to eliminate spamming, and the added reload freeze will just create more of a vulnerability that promotes a situation where people "take turns" spamming, hoping to catch their opponent in the middle of a reload.

Also, this punishes even those of us who don't spam.

It's like telling somebody, "You'd lose weight if you dieted and exercised regularly."
    Alternatively, if you put the person in boot camp, this would be forced. Instead of suggesting that they stop spamming, force them to.

If really you want to discourage spamming, make it no longer an effective technique. Add more freeze to guns, not their reloads.
    I've already posted on this matter, so once again, I quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph
    Fortunately, this won’t ruin anybody’s purchase- if every gun is nerfed equally, they all have the same respective stats to one-another. The real problem with guns right now isn’t that they’re powerful, it’s that people can achieve victory using cheap tactics such as spamming. Low freeze on these guns is what makes spamming effective, since their movement isn’t impeded and they have no repercussions for doing it. This said, I would start with freeze.

If you added 0.04 freeze to every gun on the server, spamming on the server would decrease tremendously. While they would still be able to do it, it wouldn’t be as effective of a technique, since they would be more vulnerable while they were holding their fire button down. To put it in perspective:
    • BAR would go from 0.20 to 0.24 freeze, putting it at about the current freeze of an AK47(0.25). So just envision an AK47 dealing 10 damage.
    • Shipka would go from 0.21 to 0.25, which is exactly the current freeze of an ACR(0.25).
    • Souizen would go from 0.12 to 0.16—which is the current freeze of a MetalStorm(0.16).
    • Vulcan Minigun would go from 0.10 to 0.14, which is about the current freeze of a Ghost M4(0.145).
    • Respectively, the guns mentioned here would be: AK47(0.29), ACR(0.29), MetalStorm(0.20), GhostM4(0.185)

Spamming would still be possible, but not as effective as it currently is. People would be forced to apply more technique than simply holding their buttons down. And, while it would still be possible with guns such as the Souizen and Vulcan Minigun, they’d be much slower than they currently are, and they’re already met with counter stats that would be more prominently evident (Souizen’s long reload, or Minigun’s low damage).

Once this issue is addressed, and everybody’s not focusing on spamming, they’ll begin focusing on the other stats that make a gun unique, and relieve the Gun Admins from the pressure of having to compromise freeze so that people would make the purchase. The players would be more appreciative of these, and instead, make their purchases based on things such as clip size, reload freeze, spread, and rate of fire. Hell—even the graphic would play a large role in stats—the bullet being positioned at the barrel enables longer guns to shoot over walls, and shorter guns to wreak havoc close-range, and emphasize spread more.
    Source:http://www.era-go.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post130110
    Last edited by Meph; 07-16-2014 at 12:41 PM.

lol he says "oh well test it for a week" or something stupid then he hopes everyone forgets about it so he doesnt have to deal with it. it is a very childesh and mischievous way to get what he wants with no to little people finding out. but i HOPE this will be perfected over time like the new bar. do i like giving up 5 bullets? no but i d glady give up 5 bullets for faster reload. i think you should take it out untill you have a system that works and then test it for an hour or two ask for constrictive criticism remove remodle it and repeat until you perfected it then add. and to help reduce the backlash you should give a buff as you did with the bar because once that was added alot of people were happyer.

- - - Updated - - -

my thought is to have the auto reload have the bullet delay but manual reload doesnt have it because if ur spamming it still takes time manualy reload i think that would be a great compromise if this is even possible

Banned
    Sam said this change might be permanent. If the crowd(of course us) isn't too pleased about it, he will buff the clip size. To me, there's no point in doing this unless you're a skilled player. PKing doesn't need much skills really, just get a gun and spam(everybody does that to protect a base) while sparring takes up a variety of movements to dodge bullet spams.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    To me, there's no point in doing this unless you're a skilled player. PKing doesn't need much skills really, just get a gun and spam(everybody does that to protect a base)
    Basing takes just as much skill as sparring if not more...
    Staying on topic although I don't like bitz and his methods of just do what I think is right and ignore anyone who has a valid argument, I believe this reload thing will force ppl to not rely on their op weapons and use something that was forgotten about many years ago....skill, so if this is done right it might work, maybe lower freeze on weapons so people can take advantage of the reload a bit more and promote some real competition. Nothing feels better then making your opponent look like a noob using speed