Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop giving out EC for joining.

Stop giving out EC for joining.

I have no idea why that practise of giving people an ec for joining the forums started but it is a waste of time. The amount of threads saying 'bye just came for ec' is growing and what does it achieve. Nothing apart from making the total members go up.

I agree, it's getting annoying the don't even stay if they want to sign up then they can sign up, not for some reward :/.

I havent even got that ec. Its stupid and im jus there to help people out and get help myself

It's funny though...like half of the registered accounts don't even have one post, meaning they didn't even get their EC I think...and only about 1400 threads in the Hellooooo section of the forums (which is where I think the EC posts go right?...) The EC for joining is okay I think. It helps promote the forums, if they want to stay it's their choice of course. At least people look at the forums this way, so it's not entirely all bad.

Link to member search: http://era-go.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search
    Search for Post count Less than 1, and results are in the top right of the list
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Banned
    That's why it was a stupid idea to give EC out for free.

That my friend, is call Bribery.

They gave out ecs too late I think so cause people who joined got their ec if now they will stop it it will be illegal that some players got it some players ne

The system in which EC is given out for joining the forums is pretty problematic as well. I have multiple people who come up to me everyday saying they didn't get their EC. At this point I agree that the free EC has long since outlived it's purpose and it's time to move on and either accept the loyal following we have now (thanks guys) or find other ways to promote the forum in-game. That's just my opinion on the matter at least.

Banned
    Nobody would join a forum unless it's something to make a debate about.
    People think their ideas will help the game- it never did. It's bad enough to have members spamming same threads and then leaves for months.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Nobody would join a forum unless it's something to make a debate about.
    People think their ideas will help the game- it never did. It's bad enough to have members spamming same threads and then leaves for months.
    What exactly is your point?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iHot View Post
    What exactly is your point?
    Ever wondered why people just randomly appears out of nowhere and makes a thread then leaves?
    I can clarify that 96% on every forum section is made up of pointless threads even when the owner him/herself knows it was a bad idea due to the income the game would receive.

Hellos And Goodbyes- their all filled up by thread from new members. And most of them are usually about why they aren't getting their free EC by doing the steps.

Future Improvements- based on member's ideas yes, but people have gone overboard and sometimes abuse the forum section. There's not much to talk about since it can be spotted easily.

I'm excusing Graphics-SFX sections because they aren't spammed by members.
    This thread is about EC, nobody has even bother helping out like even at least 40%.
    People disclose things too easily, riots/rants/complaints. That's what people do when their unsatisfied with the game.

*Joins for awhile then leaves* --- *goes back Era Game and notice guns/items/updates sucks*
    *Re-enters forum site and makes a complaint thread publicly*
    Too easy for them, but not for us.

Right now forums has 8k+ members, and guess what? Out of 8000, only 200-300 is active.
    But it drops-increases every time a member joins in.