Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Issues With Gun Nerfing And Why Refunds SHOULD Take Place

I want refunds but I doubt they will happen, I've asked for refunds myself. But anyways, I think that admins need to be more careful on how they release guns.

Please note that these are my personal opinions, and in no way does this reflect Era's staff team's stance on this matter.

In the circumstance of guns being altered, I absolutely endorse the option to refund.

It only makes sense- a person puts up bread for a product as it was when they purchased it.
    It's like approving a head upload, drawing a mustache on it a week later, and not giving the player the option to refund it.

Whether we think we're improving it or nerfing it is irrelevant. This decision should be solely up to the person who purchased it.

Everybody benefits from allowing refunds; and I say this both as a player and as a Gun Admin.
    The Gun Admin is given the freedom to modify guns how they see fit, and they aren't stuck sweeping a previous GA's mistakes under the rug.
    And players aren't stuck biting the bullet when guns are adjusted to promote a more skill-based game.

Plus, I fail to see where nobody loses from this-- it's not like they're going to convert the money back into dollars.
    They take that money and purchase another gun on our game. What's wrong with that?

The only conditions I would present are:
    • Refunds can only be offered to those who had the gun prior to the change.
    • Refunds can only happen once per each gun alteration.
    • Refunds are irreversible. By refunding, you assume full responsibility for losing your gun or spending your money elsewhere. You understand that if the gun is changed back to the way it was previously after you refund, you reserve no right to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Please note that these are my personal opinions, and in no way does this reflect Era's staff team's stance on this matter.

In the circumstance of guns being altered, I absolutely endorse the option to refund.

It only makes sense- a person puts up bread for a product as it was when they purchased it.
    It's like approving a head upload, drawing a mustache on it a week later, and not giving the player the option to refund it.

Whether we think we're improving it or nerfing it is irrelevant. This decision should be solely up to the person who purchased it.

Everybody benefits from allowing refunds; and I say this both as a player and as a Gun Admin.
    The Gun Admin is given the freedom to modify guns how they see fit, and they aren't stuck sweeping a previous GA's mistakes under the rug.
    And players aren't stuck biting the bullet when guns are adjusted to promote a more skill-based game.

Plus, I fail to see where nobody loses from this-- it's not like they're going to convert the money back into dollars.
    They take that money and purchase another gun on our game. What's wrong with that?

• Refunds are irreversible. By refunding, you assume full responsibility for losing your gun or spending your money elsewhere. You understand that if the gun is changed back to the way it was previously after you refund, you reserve no right to complain.
    I agree with this. buffs and nerfs are a needed part of any mmo to make the game fair. balancing a game like this is extremely difficult. You will almost never get it right on the first try and you will never get a game like this perfectly balanced to where everybody is happy. People get mad because the nerfed gun isn't what they paid for. I think giving these players a chance to refund after a nerf is a great idea.
    but since era seems to be so against gun refunds i highly doubt we will ever see this.

Why isn't there a thread that puts all the buffs and nerfs that are made into any gun in Era. The last one I've seen hasn't been updated in a while.
    That's Unfortunate

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Harper View Post
    I couldn't read the rest because you cried about the pbp being nerfed before... I can't take this thread seriously now.
    PBP was OP and still is OP; I totally agree with you. But some people who bought PBP wanted it to be like it was and not how it is ATM; I wasn't nagging about the PBP's nerfing; not at all. I was just proving my point of view about having guns the way they are and instead of nerfing the gun and keeping it in its owner's possesion, just remove the gun from all owner who bought it before the nerf and give them their money back; that way people will decide if they wanna take the gun back or not. I still appreciate your feedback tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Vogediz View Post
    I agree with this. buffs and nerfs are a needed part of any mmo to make the game fair. balancing a game like this is extremely difficult. You will almost never get it right on the first try and you will never get a game like this perfectly balanced to where everybody is happy. People get mad because the nerfed gun isn't what they paid for. I think giving these players a chance to refund after a nerf is a great idea.
    but since era seems to be so against gun refunds i highly doubt we will ever see this.
    Totally agreeing with both Meph and yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mickayla View Post
    We sure as hell ain't getting any refund whatsoever... But they should change the gun stats back to what they were before cause that's what players bought the guns for, and now that they keep changing the stats cause the guns are too "OP" then you should have thought about that before you released it instead of nerfing it all of a sudden..
    And again
    And again
    And again...
    Yep; Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post

The majority of people who ask for refunds when a gun is nerfed just ask it as a way to make their stand against a gun being nerfed, i could almost guarantee that if one time someone actually did refund their gun they would be annoyed and after a few days probably re buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The majority of people who ask for refunds when a gun is nerfed just ask it as a way to make their stand against a gun being nerfed, i could almost guarantee that if one time someone actually did refund their gun they would be annoyed and after a few days probably re buy it
    Yeah that is probably true but it is only fair to have the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Molinari View Post
    PBP was OP and still is OP; I totally agree with you. But some people who bought PBP wanted it to be like it was and not how it is ATM; I wasn't nagging about the PBP's nerfing; not at all. I was just proving my point of view about having guns the way they are and instead of nerfing the gun and keeping it in its owner's possesion, just remove the gun from all owner who bought it before the nerf and give them their money back; that way people will decide if they wanna take the gun back or not. I still appreciate your feedback tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agreeing with both Meph and yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep; Thanks.

The PBP is not OP.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin Rosato Magus View Post
    The PBP is not OP.
    idk, man. I think it is, sorta. But, opinions vary .

At this point, with all the gun nerfs, people should be able to get a refund, not only because its unfair to the players that they paid for one thing and it was changed to another. Its incredibly difficult to get EC and Gralats in general and it becomes worse when players don't get what they originally wanted. Its basically like going out to buy a new bike, you buy it and then the salesman comes back a week later and changes all the parts for worse ones. It just doesn't make sense