Thread: Notifications in Era Go

Lightbulb Notifications in Era Go

Hello everyone,
    To be honest, our notification system is very simple, and i think it can be improved a little.

One idea is to present the notifications a member recieves while he or she is offline in a pop-up window as soon as they Login. Of course all what they recieve will be sorted in certain folders that can be viewed ( in the same we can view our Notifications right now ).
    Every folder/bar will be named depending on what kind of notifications were recieved ( Folders such as " PM's ", " invites ", " Achievements ", " Awards " and so on ).
    When these folders/bars are clicked, they view who the messages were from. Then you click on the perons name which has sent you the message, to view the recieved message.
    In case of an invite or an achievement, it shows you who invited you or what the achievement that you gained is. And when they are clicked, their details will be displayed.

But what if the memeber is already on and wants to be informed as soon as a notification is recieved?
    Well, we can add a small square window at the right corner of the screen ( next to the space that we use for the forums ), that wont move while scrolling down the page.
    This way we can always check if we recieve any notifications instantly and easily.
    Of course every notification will be sorted in the way the " Offline Notification box/window " works.
    Also, when a nofitication is recieved, the out-lines of this small notification window can blink, to draw your attention that you've revieved a notification.

These are just a few of the ideas I have that in my opinion will improve our Notification System.
    I hope that improving our Notification System is considered.

I would like to hear your ideas and comments.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Firestorm; 07-21-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Big Cheese
    I actually agree. I do admit, we could make it improved. Not saying it's bad, but we could add some improvements.

But, I have to admit, me likey!
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

Banned
    I get all my notifications on my phone's mail. Because it's linked to Era-go forums.
    But I only receive friend requests, that's all.

Thats also not a bad idea.
    If a message is recieved while you are off, you can be notified by an Email.

I also get friend requests sent to my Email aswell, but getting Emails on everything you recieve on here will be better.

Yeah, I think you should be notified when someone replies to a thread you had replied to.

You can get email messages when someone private messages you, sends you a friend request, or when you subscribe to a thread from your General Settings: http://era-go.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Add a checkmark in "Receive Friendship Request Email" to receive friend requests via email.

Change Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Instantly, using email" (or less often if you prefer) to receive email notifications of replies to new threads you made or replies to a thread you replied in. Optionally you can also go to any thread and select Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread, without having to reply to it.

Next to Email Notification of New Private Messages change the option to "Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages" to receive PM notifications via email.

Not everything can be added as email notifications such as achievements and visitor messages, you'll have to login and view your forum notifications here.

You can also edit your subscription folders to keep your subscribed threads organized here: http://era-go.com/forum/subscription.php?do=editfolders

I hope that helps.

Thank you Ren.