6 25.00%
  • pk timmer

13 54.17%
  • keep as is

5 20.83%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: GZ Behind M4 Counter

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Rosato Magus View Post
    As for hit timers, I have mixed feelings. I personally like the hit timer in bases. It makes more sense that every shot you land on your enemy deals damage. I hate however, when people abuse their power of their bars, and rush someone with a less-powerful gun, knowing they will come out the victor.
    I full-heartedly support a complete hit-timer system, like the one introduced on PC Era in 2003 that I highlighted above.
    The operative word is complete; as in, it's got both the freeze(to benefit the person firing the shot), and the hit recovery (to benefit the person getting hit).
    They worked together to maintain balance in a fight, and discourage spamming.

As I said before, the hit timer on iEra is only halfway complete.
    I think they're afraid to add a quarter-second freeze upon being hit in fear of negative player review; it's one of those things that should have came with the rest of the server when iEra was released.
    Then people wouldn't know any different; we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Another thing I don't like about iEra's hit timer is that it varies from gun to gun. It was meant to be the same for every bullet on the server.
    I understand where they're coming from-- they're trying to make it another "gun stat" to promote gun variability.

However, gun variability should only be within a realm that the gun has reasonable control over.
    In regard to the bullet, the only job the gun has is to set the spread which controls the field of possible trajectory, as well as the damage and the timeout between subsequent shots. The control stops there.

From the second the bullet leaves a gun's barrel, these variables have already been determined, and the bullet is no longer a variable subordinate to the gun.
    At this point, the bullet is on it's own. Therefore, it should be delivered with consistency; otherwise, players are given a game that feels unstable.

The hit timer should be the same regardless of location or gun, to preserve this consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    Thee pk timer in bases was removed because no one would remove stacked pbp damage.
    "Stacked Damage", in my opinion, is one of the worst ideas to come to the server.
    I think PBP users and the victims alike would prefer that the gun did 8 damage, not stacked.

It's like they hired Jimmy Newtron for a day, and trusted every "brain blast" he came up with.
    Last edited by Meph; 07-24-2014 at 02:33 AM.

not to be rude these are good post but please stay on topic becuase id really like this. i like the ideas u guys are throughing around meph perhaps make another thread to keep this one on topic

- - - Updated - - -

and as we can clearly see something needs to be done guys i made the poll part of this a day ago and its already got this much feedback to change it by adding a timmer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fake butter View Post
    not to be rude these are good post but please stay on topic becuase id really like this. i like the ideas u guys are throughing around meph perhaps make another thread to keep this one on topic
    My sincerest apologies,

By the nature of these forums, I do tend to ramble on topics and give explicit details that lead the topic astray.
    I always try to give as much of a vivid description as possible, so that people know without the shadow of a doubt where I stand.

Chris Zephlyn keeps joking around that he's going to publish a book:
    "The ramblings of Meph"

Back on topic:

I think there should be a 5-second timer added.
    After being attacked, the timer starts.
    Either five seconds that the player has to stand still before leaving the PK Zone,
    or five seconds that they have to stand still in a Non-PK Zone in before they are invulnerable to attack.

The only other logical solution would be to make the M4 shop a PK-Zone.

make m4 shop pk zone yes

Whats wrong with that area? I should agree to keep as it is. Why???
    1st- Because that's their strategy.
    2nd- Maybe your just a noobs that can't fight those attackers coming from there like Encore.
    3rd-If you would remove the access from basers only at the counter, its just like a second entrance to the base.
    Need Help? or Questions?
    Just Ask me and I will give the answer right away
    Want to skype with me? wolverine_graal
    ~Gani Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine8888 View Post
    Whats wrong with that area? I should agree to keep as it is. Why???
    1st- Because that's their strategy.
    2nd- Maybe your just a noobs that can't fight those attackers coming from there like Encore.
    3rd-If you would remove the access from basers only at the counter, its just like a second entrance to the base.
    @1 they want it to have a pk timer so people can't just run there and hide at first without getting damage. It's irritating not being able to kill someone when they've already been damaged because they run into a safezone in a base.
    @2 I'm pretty sure that's not true, seeing how you can get rushed pretty easy at that spot. Especially with a high amount of those OP guns - yes I said OP.
    @3 the only reason the counter is accessible to baseholders in the first place, is because the base is already so big, it would be hard for anyone to keep if they had to go all the way to the entrance and back to the flag. Well, in my opinion anyways. Technically it wouldn't be a second entrance since only the baseholders could use it to get back to their flag, and that's the only one they would be using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

It's just really annoying running after someone who is on the brink of death to a no pk area in a BASE. It doesn't make any sense.
    That's Unfortunate

so when can we expect a change to happen?

Whenever the right person notices, I hate to admit it, but the people who can make change don't always look at these. Not that they don't but if they do it takes alot of support and nudging to get it done.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!