Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any advice, pls?

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by recurvez View Post
    dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge

... Or bar
    lol

I would say to keep at it. So what if your ratio isn't great at the moment, it will improve in time. Quitting sparring just means you won't improve and that you wasted your time so stick at it.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    I would say to keep at it. So what if your ratio isn't great at the moment, it will improve in time. Quitting sparring just means you won't improve and that you wasted your time so stick at it.
    TBH, man, I was only tryna buff up my skills and get a good ratio; never really cared for the spar hats. If I want a good ratio I need to reset and get better in practice spar the. try again TY for your reply.

Not entirely sure if posting a month later even though this is still the second thread from the most recent counts as "necro'ing" but -- I've seen someone who sparred moreso as if Graal was some sort of bullet hell game, but from all four angles! It was fun to watch and maybe this could be good advice for you (only assuming you don't already)! What I mean by "bullet hell from four angles" is: you could try going between the spacing in the bullets in between where they're shot *rather than running away from the bullets) if applicable since most (maybe all >_<) guns have some sort of delay or spread penalty ...and because you can fire from any of the four sides (durp). I think I remember who this was, but I don't want to post someone's user without their permission 6_6. Reminds me of Touhou how they played, rofl (without the impossibru-rapid-firing-projectiles-all-over-your-target mechanic). Call me an otaku for bringing this up, but, an anime I watch says something about "anticipating" where bullets are fired. I've seen people do this already but to see someone actually dodge through several bullets while anticipating where they are coming from would be similar to what I'm trying to explain. If only I sparred more though LOL.

Nychris was the master of the lag switch.... Until Gambet joined the scene with his asian AOL dial up connection.

Join the Confederacy.... Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Confederate States of Era!!

Big Cheese
    this is old, guys. ty for trying, but i got help from meph; and it's just rust, as i've been told because this started after my 2 month break. thanks again!

i hope you spar not for stats so continue practising

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

just get as much spar wins as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Don't worry about stats, and certainly don't let stats discourage you from sparring.
    Stats don't equate to skill- anybody can beat 30 thousand newbies in a row.

If you enjoy sparring, I encourage you to continue to spar.
    Getting beat at the beginning is expected. You'll only get better with experience.

Nobody starts off as a professional.
    Every sport, profession, art, or trade on this planet that is worth anything requires experience, work, and hardship to translate into talent.

PKing on Graal is such a sport.
    We all had to get our asses kicked in order to get good at this game.

I remember back in 2003, a fellow by the name of NYChris would come into my gang base, saying "Hi Blazian Bandits! It's your friendly neighborhood NYChris!", blaring old-school hip hop through Graal's garbled-up mic support as he beat the hell out of all of us. I remember thinking, "Damn, I want to be like that guy."

The only way to get better is by playing a better opponent.
    When no such opponent exists, force yourself to be outnumbered.

Oh,
    And if you're going after the rewards(guns/masks), know that they go by wins, not ratio.
    More like you have to get the most expensive guns on the games.
    http://maidendarkness.deviantart.com/art/Gin-Ichimaru-Signature-283794110
    Kamishini no yari