Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to do fair gun refunds

Big Cheese

Handgun Dual How to do fair gun refunds

I've been thinking about this for a while, and found a solution that, imo, will solve this. Okay, here it goes:

Nobody likes to buy one thing and end up with another, am I right? And we've all been askin for gun refunds. Well, this idea could just be a solution!

When the Gun Admins are considering nerfing the gun, they should add a refund option to the owner of the gun for 3 days after he/she had seen the nerfing. As he/she gets on, they'll find a message that spawns on their screen and says: "The gun (Gun Name) was nerfed, and since you had ownership of it, you will be given the option of whether to refund your (Gun Name), but the option WILL be gone in 3 days; make sure you have your opinion straight within 3 days." And, btw, this option should be given when the player gets on because maybe that player was inactive, so instead of giving 2-3 days for everyone and have some people miss it, you give the option to players one by one.

Now, it's time to convince the ones who don't support this idea to reduce the amount of negative replies as much as possible. Maybe you guys do think that the Gun Admins are actually balancing Era, but they're only TRYING to; making, almost, everyone unhappy will not balance era, but I still respect the hard work you guys put into this; I know Gun Admins don't just have some sort of "Gun Script Generator" on their PC which asks them to enter the freeze, fire rate, reload time, etc. No; it's one hell of a hard job.

With all the work Gun Admins are putting to try and make Era balanced for the players, and I repeat: I respect their attempts on that, but they forgot that there is some injustice in the fact that a player is paying for one thing and is getting another, instead.

I know this post is hella long, but I think the people who care about gun refunds, like I do, should read this carefully and give me their feedback in the most tolerable way possible instead of saying things like, "I Lol'ed", "You're just another person who regrets buying a gun and wants his money back to tryout others", etc.

Thank you for reading!

+ nothing else to say.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenan View Post
    + nothing else to say.
    thx

Well the thing is, if people refund their gun within the certain amount of time, they get their money back. Which means they can buy, get plenty of kills in, refund before times up, and buy all over again. This would basically make the whole system free.

Either way, in my eyes guns should not be refunded. However it'd be cool to set up a little practice run with those shooting ranges with optional guns that cannot be taken out of the range just so players can try out the guns before buying.

Edit: forget everything in the first paragraph
    I just read that it's only for nerfed guns xD my bad, pretty good idea actually.
    Last edited by Mystic; 08-05-2014 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Read too fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Well the thing is, if people refund their gun within the certain amount of time, they get their money back. Which means they can buy, get plenty of kills in, refund before times up, and buy all over again. This would basically make the whole system free.

Either way, in my eyes guns should not be refunded. However it'd be cool to set up a little practice run with those shooting ranges with optional guns that cannot be taken out of the range just so players can try out the guns before buying.
    I'm assuming you misinterpreted my idea; reread well, pls. I never said refunds shall occur whenever a player wants, just when a nerf takes place.

Ya I know, I edited my post. Also would it be full price refund? Because I'm pretty sure staff wouldn't do that.

Big Cheese
    Ya I know, I edited my post. Also would it be full price refund? Because I'm pretty sure staff wouldn't do that.
    Lol now i see your edit xD And I think they should make it a full price refund; I mean, how would u feel like if you bought a car for, let's say, 20k dollars, and the next day the dealer comes to your parking place, destroys your car, and tells you only a 50% refund can occur?

IMO, it's only fair to get our full money back as we never really asked for the nerf; the gun was bought for a group of stats, let's call this group X, and that group turned into Y; how is not fair for us to get back our full money/ec? However, I, sorta, forced my opinion there; I know opinions vary, but I feel like most of the players will agree me, but, then again, they might agree with you, instead. haha

- - - Updated - - -

it'd be cool to set up a little practice run with those shooting ranges with optional guns that cannot be taken out of the range just so players can try out these guns before buying.
    One hell of an idea right there!! It's offtopic on this thread, somehow, but it can go viral in a thread of its own!

Well I would actually love to refund some of my guns, not because of nerfs, but because I neve use them anymore. I understand how you guys feel, it's extremely annoying to buy a gun and then its stats get changed, nerfing it. I get that. However, guns are always susceptible to being nerfed. Maybe guns can have perfect stats to begin with, but I don't know I'm not a guns admin. I mean, you'd think that those guns would be tested out a lot before being released so they aren't nerfed/buffed.

Snk mentioned about refunding them for minerals on some other thread, which would be great in my opinion. But of course, players want money back instead. It's been an ongoing debate for months whether guns should be refundable or not.

Big Cheese
    Well I would actually love to refund some of my guns, not because of nerfs, but because I neve use them anymore. I understand how you guys feel, it's extremely annoying to buy a gun and then its stats get changed, nerfing it. I get that. However, guns are always susceptible to being nerfed. Maybe guns can have perfect stats to begin with, but I don't know I'm not a guns admin. I mean, you'd think that those guns would be tested out a lot before being released so they aren't nerfed/buffed.

Snk mentioned about refunding them for minerals on some other thread, which would be great in my opinion. But of course, players want money back instead. It's been an ongoing debate for months whether guns should be refundable or not.
    Minerals? Is he really serious? Why in the world would I refund a gun for minerals? And I'm very much against refunding guns for illogical reasons such as being bored with it, not using it anymore, etc; when you wanna buy a gun and refund it for a reason other than nerfing, its not fair, imo.

Well if it's wasting away in your inventory taking up space. I mean starter pistols, ak47? I'm never going to use those again lol. Whether we're able to trash them or refund them, I just don't need them. I don't care if I don't get anything for them, as long as they're gone.