Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to do fair gun refunds

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Well if it's wasting away in your inventory taking up space. I mean starter pistols, ak47? I'm never going to use those again lol. Whether we're able to trash them or refund them, I just don't need them. I don't care if I don't get anything for them, as long as they're gone.
    I actually, sometimes, use the starter pistols in spar xd but i think i'm too off topic now lol. Just gotta wait for everyone to take this thread seriously xD

You should be able to recycle old guns for money, but it would only give you less than the original price of the gun, so you can't just keep recycling, or it just turns old guns into minerals. Also this system sounds pretty solid, I hate the nerfs on the BAR and would much rather something like a shipka, a gun that hasn't been tampered with too much.

This topic always comes back.
    The idea is good, probably one of the smarter arguments I've seen about refunds. The problem is guns are almost always nerfed. Meaning no matter what it's a safe bet you're gonna get a free gun for awhile if you buy it right away. An idea I saw awhile ago that fixes this is called a grace period for guns admins.
    Basically, full refunds are presented in the case of a nerf, however there is no refund if the nerf is within 1 month of the release. This allows guns admins to tweak the weapons without guaranteeing players the ability to rent the gun.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by rorriM View Post
    This topic always comes back.
    The idea is good, probably one of the smarter arguments I've seen about refunds. The problem is guns are almost always nerfed. Meaning no matter what it's a safe bet you're gonna get a free gun for awhile if you buy it right away. An idea I saw awhile ago that fixes this is called a grace period for guns admins.
    Basically, full refunds are presented in the case of a nerf, however there is no refund if the nerf is within 1 month of the release. This allows guns admins to tweak the weapons without guaranteeing players the ability to rent the gun.
    I agree that there shouldn't be a refund if the nerf occured within a month of the release, but wasn't the BAR there a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time ago?

Yeah if they nerf bar there should def be a refund.

This is a smart idea, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be implemented. Era has a mentality of no refunds for some reason. Even though they wont lose money, it just adds more garlats to the flow of the economy. Which makes it easier for people to get garlats through trading. As the currency wont be as strong(worth less), but with how prices are sky rocket high it will rebalance gameplay as it was a couple years back. The only chance of this happening is if you only get 50% or lower back. Plus they need to update the gun purchasing menu because majority of them are false advertising. I like the idea and I hope it gets implemented.
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Ive been around on era forums since before era-go and have seen many of these threads. The reason why gun refunds wont be added by the admins and what everyone seems to forget is that its NOT UP TO ERA STAFF. I doubt eras staff even care how much money the game makes since they don't get any of it. The only person who can decide whether there are gun refunds is Stefan. Making these threads asking the gun admins or snk or other admins to add refunds does not work because they can't do anything about it, hence if they could then this would have been added 2-3 years ago when the first gun refund threads appeared.

You may say 'well snk said there would be refunds for minerals' well that was years ago so obviously it wasn't allowed. I'm 95% certain there will be no refunds of any kind, ever implimented, also at the original poster i noticed this is the secound thread on refunds you've made within the same time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    You should be able to recycle old guns for money, but it would only give you less than the original price of the gun, so you can't just keep recycling, or it just turns old guns into minerals. Also this system sounds pretty solid, I hate the nerfs on the BAR and would much rather something like a shipka, a gun that hasn't been tampered with too much.
    Yes exactly. You shouldn't get a full refund, so to satisfy everyone, you should get a partial amount of what you paid for the gun.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    pls stay on topic; im talking about guns that were nerfed, not old ones.