Thread: My Streaking Guide

Post My Streaking Guide

Hello fellow streakers! I hear you want to learn some tips from a "cough" pro "cough" about how to streak. Streaking in era has changed dramatically in the past years and so I'll try to be brief on the current system. I'm also joking about me being a pro.

Streaking is when you kill a number of players until you reach 50. This is where your journey begins and how it ends depends on the choices you make on the harsh streets of era. How you streak depends on the weapons you have high damage or low, it is all possible if you have the patience and strength to prove to yourself that you can do it. I will be making this guide for new players mostly as I care for them the most and I want their experience with era to be worth while because most quit after a couple of days or so... So are you ready! This will be the first guide I have attempted at so their will be major edits so please don't tell me obvious points in a sarcastic way.

I will be organizing this into different sections so it will be easier for you to use depending on what you want to read and like I said it may start out small, but in the future I it will be a very useful guide to you all. Pictures will be provided for examples that I will use also.

I: What is streaking?
    II: Why do players streak?
    III: What you need for streaking.
    IV: Tactics.
    V: Rewards.

I: What is streaking?:

So your new and you look at someones profile and it says "35 streak" and so you ask the player "what is streaking?"
    He basically explains that Streaking is the method of killing many players until you reach a certain number preferably 50 and it will let other players see your name at the bottom of the screen. Their is not much to it other than to just kill players until you reach a certain number. Streaking is very fun I can tell you as it lets players engage in competitive combat against others to increase their kills. Just simply stay alert at all times and you'll do fine. Many players have different ways of streaking and you'll learn yours soon.

II: Why do players streak?

For me the reason I streak because it's just fun. It keeps me engaged in era while talking to my friends and it just keeps me relaxed. Why players streak is mostly because it's something to do while your bored and it increases your kill count as you watch it go up. Streaking is also rewarding because of the body parts that you gain from killing other players. When you get the body parts go inside the food market by start and go inside the freezer to sell them by the way. The top streakers are well known for getting very high streaks everyday at least 1k which takes a very long time if you're not on the move. It's really hard to say why many others streak because everyone has different reasons, but most are just because it's fun.

III: What you need for streaking.

Obviously the first thing you'll need is a gun and maybe a melee. You can just as well have two melees or two guns. It all depends on how you WANT to streak.

Example Sets:

Gun and Melee Sets: Bar and Katana, PBP and Healing Staff, Ghost M4 and Machete,
    All Gun Set: Bar and PBP, Ghost M4 and Thompson, AB8 and Minigun, Flamethrower and Bar
    All Melee Set: Healing Staff and Katana, Healing Sword from Pirate Shop and Candy Kane Katana

Each sets purpose:

The Gun and Melees set purpose is a sort of balance between the three. You use your gun for long range combat picking off enemies from a feet away from you while using your melee to take out afk players on the street. ALWAYS stay on your toes when switching items as their is a short freeze especially when switching to your gun. The healing melee items will help you instead of food when going inside buildings.

The all Gun Sets purpose is to be able to utilize your range abilities. What I mean by this is by using an M107 sniper for long range tactics and switching to a PBP since it does more damage when all four bullets hit only makes since. Like before switching between guns their will be a small freeze so make sure you do it somewhere safe and try not to do it on the fly to show off!

The all melee set is used for those who have melees that mostly do high damage, but like in the old days when we had the machete and monkey wrench you can still use them. Melees give players an advantage on players without speed boost or especially afk players. The Katana probably the best melee in the game is what I'm generally what this is all about. Having a healing sword or staff is a must for this set as you may find areas where their is no activity and do a quick heal. Having this set you must always be on the move as if a player shoots you and chases you into a building you will have nothing to defend yourself with. The Umbrella, Bamboo, and Lightsabers are counters for this set as they defend you personally. The new HW shield also lets you take half damage when using it so that can also be your second choice if you don't have healing melees.

Food is a must have no questions asked and unlimited ammo/revive is also a requirement.

What I also found useful was a streaking buddy in your gang/allies to help you. They don't have to streak, but just be there to protect you from danger. If someone is chasing you, your friend is the only one who can distract them until you safely get away!

IV: Tactics:

When you're out there streaking shooting your gun straight into a crowd may be a good idea, but it can also get you killed very quickly if your not paying attention to your SURROUNDINGS. I bolded that because the main part of streaking is paying attention everywhere you go. Never lose focus at what you're doing and always check your health every second you get. Here are some Tactics that I use when streaking everyday.
    Last edited by John J; 09-16-2014 at 04:20 AM.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean