Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you leave Era?

Will you leave Era?

An old server has been planned for iOS release soon. It's "Ol' West" for those that didn't know.

The thing is a couple months ago I logged on and there was hardly any content (There was a really reaaally sexy train though.)
    So either the staff there have worked extremely hard and got some good stuff on or it's just releasing for rush.

On the other hand Delteria is almost complete.

So will you leave era to start a new "Graalian" life on these servers?
    Roaming.

it depends if it will be a p2w server.

True. I doubt it will be p2w in the beginning but later on things could change and end up like era with guns that cost $100k+ with no logical stats.
    Roaming.

Ol' West is coming to ios?
    Neat; the graphics there rocked back when.

Snk and I entered a competition hosted on Ol West in 2005-- I came in 2nd and got free gold time.
    http://forums.fairyland-europe.com/f...ad.php?t=59724

But no, I don't predict that I'd leave iEra for iOlWest.
    Unless they've got better PKing and basing.
    Better, as in skill-based instead of p2w and spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Ol' West is coming to ios?
    Neat; the graphics there rocked back when.

Snk and I entered a competition hosted on Ol West in 2005-- I came in 2nd and got free gold time.
    http://forums.fairyland-europe.com/f...ad.php?t=59724

But no, I don't predict that I'd leave iEra for iOlWest.
    Unless they've got better PKing and basing.
    Better, as in skill-based instead of p2w and spam.
    Cool competition you participated in (:.

And if they have a type of basing.. hopefully it can be different. I'm tired of all the new servers being near the same content.
    Roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    And if they have a type of basing.. hopefully it can be different. I'm tired of all the new servers being near the same content.
    Well if I remember right, raiding was pretty neat with an Ol' West twist.

Gangs were called Posses, and you would raid banks with your Posse.
    Points were measured by "gold", which you racked up by making your way to the safe room, loading a wagon up with money bags, or taking it one bag at a time in your hands.
    The wagon could carry more, but the amount of bags you had in your wagon(or when carrying one in your hand) effected the movement speed, making you vulnerable.

You would then have to fight off competition as you made off with the loot; as it was perishable.
    If somebody attacked you while you were trying to make your way out, you would drop it.
    Same deal with the wagon-- If somebody attacked your wagon as you were making the escape, it would drop money bags.
    You had the option of "parking" your wagon(or putting your money bag down), say, in a corner or a heal room while you fought off competition.
    But it was on a timer, and open for others to take it as well; should you take the risk of putting it down.

Obviously, having a posse work together to accomplish this goal made it easier.
    We'd have designated "gold runners", and designated fighters.

Of course, this is the way it was.
    I doubt that any of the current staff were around back in 2005.
    It's likely that nobody remembers the old system, and they've probably developed an entirely different system.

Probably not, unless delteria is free, but i'll definitely play both.
    Thalia Vandenbroek

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Well if I remember right, raiding was pretty neat with an Ol' West twist.

Gangs were called Posses, and you would raid banks with your Posse.
    Points were measured by "gold", which you racked up by making your way to the safe room, loading a wagon up with money bags, or taking it one bag at a time in your hands.
    The wagon could carry more, but the amount of bags you had in your wagon(or when carrying one in your hand) effected the movement speed, making you vulnerable.

You would then have to fight off competition as you made off with the loot; as it was perishable.
    If somebody attacked you while you were trying to make your way out, you would drop it.
    Same deal with the wagon-- If somebody attacked your wagon as you were making the escape, it would drop money bags.
    You had the option of "parking" your wagon(or putting your money bag down), say, in a corner or a heal room while you fought off competition.
    But it was on a timer, and open for others to take it as well; should you take the risk of putting it down.

Obviously, having a posse work together to accomplish this goal made it easier.
    We'd have designated "gold runners", and designated fighters.

Of course, this is the way it was.
    I doubt that any of the current staff were around back in 2005.
    It's likely that nobody remembers the old system, and they've probably developed an entirely different system.
    That sounds pretty interesting and different! Unless somebody has came up with a new idea that replaced this one, I hope it is still here! Very interesting server.

Looking forward to try it out!
    Roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    That sounds pretty interesting and different! Unless somebody has came up with a new idea that replaced this one, I hope it is still here! Very interesting server.
    Yeah, and it's still early in development, so I could probably drop the idea by them and see what they think.
    Worst case scenario would be that they have a better system in mind.
    It was actually really fun.

Last time I visited Ol' West, and they were beta testing a movement system where changing directions was kind of like the way we control cars on Era-- up would move you straight, down would move you back, and left and right would alter your direction by a degree as you held it down.

I was extremely turned off by it; I can't see PKing like that.
    I'm hoping they scrapped that idea.

I remember playing Delteria way back, and it was pretty fun, I definitely wouldn't leave Era though, I would definitely play both however.