Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq & Syria)

ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq & Syria)

Okay, so for those that don't know who/what ISIS is, it is a terrorist group that is in Iraq and Syria right now. They are a threat to the US and apparently have some American citizens captured (from a couple years back) & threaten to raise the flag of Allah in the White House. All in all, they swore to kill any American citizen alive.

I'm bringing this topic to Era-Go because I've been reading a whole lot of crap about them on social media for the past month.
    The only reason I believe they are getting so much attention than any other terrorist group is the fact that they use social media as a weapon to scare others.
    If you don't know what this means then just search about ISIS. I won't be posting any links about it because there are some disturbing videos out there that ISIS posted for the whole world to see. (Beheadings for example.)

There are many videos of them killing innocent civilians in Iraq and posting it on social media to scare us (our target), quoting what one ISIS Militant said,

"Don't send your drones, your airstrikes, anything. Send your soldiers on foot and we will show you how we, ISIS, behead them too."

Honestly, my opinion, they have no idea what they're going against. I have lived beside the US Army all of my life and I will tell you that they are some highly trained troops we have to serve us.
    I recently found an article (also has a non disturbing video) from an American veteran that basically sent a message from the US to ISIS. The article is here.

I haven't typed everything what I wanted to because I'm very ticked off but please, share your opinions. If you have no idea at all then look it up, you'll find thousands of articles. CNN is also a good source to look at.
    Roaming.

Pretty disturbing
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

The US might have highly trained troops but they would still be at a disadvantage in open conflict. Look at previous examples, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. It is very difficult to fight an enemy that blends in with civilians and that knows the landscape.
    IS/ISIS/ISIL (or whatever they are called these days) are a big threat because of their rapid growth and their ability to attract vast amounts of recruits worldwide. They also have a good economic base by controlling oil fields and such so they can afford to continue operating and causing devastation.
    They are also extremely brutal as shown by mass executions of their opponents and the shocking execution of that journalist Foley. The West however has got a difficult decision to make now because they are threatening to execute another journalist unless all airstrikes and such are stopped. Do they attempt to call their bluff or give into demands. I hate to say it but I feel the days are numbered for the other journalist.

American soldiers havnt been trained better then the uk military

Quote Originally Posted by C00KI3M0NST3R View Post
    American soldiers havnt been trained better then the uk military
    Maybe not but they have more soldiers than we have.

That implies nothing thats just showing that they are much easier to kill

America still has area 51 up it's sleeve as a wild card. Don't know what sort of cyber aleonotic weapons it has.
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by C00KI3M0NST3R View Post
    That implies nothing thats just showing that they are much easier to kill
    Not really. They are still highly competent soldiers and they are more likely to get involved in an escalations whereas UK forces are extremely unlikely to have boots on the ground and restrict operations to air strikes and air reconnaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    America still has area 51 up it's sleeve as a wild card. Don't know what sort of cyber aleonotic weapons it has.

ISIS has around 31,000 militants while as the US has 1.3 million. USA stands the 2nd largest army (China has a little more than 2 million) so of course we outnumber them greatly. As well as the other 1 million veterans that are on our home soil.

Our technology is much higher than ISIS has. However, they control the oil in Iraq which means they are greatly funded.

The US also has the best trained Elite Special forces. These are the special little groups that assassinated Osama Bin Laden when he was hiding in his little apartment.
    Our weapon intelligence is also higher than ISIS' (from what we know.)
    Roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    Not really. They are still highly competent soldiers and they are more likely to get involved in an escalations whereas UK forces are extremely unlikely to have boots on the ground and restrict operations to air strikes and air reconnaissance.
    Yes but sometimes they dont need to