Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq & Syria)

Quote Originally Posted by ShizGodsu View Post
    ISIS has around 31,000 militants while as the US has 1.3 million. USA stands the 2nd largest army (China has a little more than 2 million) so of course we outnumber them greatly. As well as the other 1 million veterans that are on our home soil.

Our technology is much higher than ISIS has. However, they control the oil in Iraq which means they are greatly funded.

The US also has the best trained Elite Special forces. These are the special little groups that assassinated Osama Bin Laden when he was hiding in his little apartment.
    Our weapon intelligence is also higher than ISIS' (from what we know.)
    I beg to differ here. No special forces are better than the SAS. They are the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    The US might have highly trained troops but they would still be at a disadvantage in open conflict. Look at previous examples, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. It is very difficult to fight an enemy that blends in with civilians and that knows the landscape.
    IS/ISIS/ISIL (or whatever they are called these days) are a big threat because of their rapid growth and their ability to attract vast amounts of recruits worldwide. They also have a good economic base by controlling oil fields and such so they can afford to continue operating and causing devastation.
    They are also extremely brutal as shown by mass executions of their opponents and the shocking execution of that journalist Foley. The West however has got a difficult decision to make now because they are threatening to execute another journalist unless all airstrikes and such are stopped. Do they attempt to call their bluff or give into demands. I hate to say it but I feel the days are numbered for the other journalist.
    The US took over Iraq in less than a month. That's the entire country. This shows how well trained and organized we can handle war against someone else. There are also other countries where we went in, filled the mission, and left in under four days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greg View Post
    I beg to differ here. No special forces are better than the SAS. They are the best of the best.
    SAS also joined US forces to hunt down ISIS militants. Some comparing the two doesn't do much since they're one temporarily.
    Link.
    Roaming.

The US took over Iraq in less than a month. That's the entire country. This shows how well trained and organized we can handle war against someone else. There are also other countries where we went in, filled the mission, and left in under four days.

- - - Updated - - -

SAS also joined US forces to hunt down ISIS militants. Some comparing the two doesn't do much since they're one temporarily.
    Taking control is one thing but maintaining order against plain clothes terrorists is much harder and the US operations in Iraq clearly did not fully achieve their goals.

That's true enough, they are also based on basically the same ideas and training.

Also another link on the SAS here.

I seriously hope they get this guy.

Another thing I read up is that ISIS could be trying to get together with the Mexican Cartels and enter the US through the (weak) southern border.
    Link.
    Roaming.

Nuke them all.

I think that britains military works best with the us

US are ignorant fools to try and stick their head in. Pretty much like putting your finger in a fire then waving it about trying to put the fire out. I say you need to mind your own business and if they try to interfere with your country then do something.

Quote Originally Posted by crd View Post
    US are ignorant fools to try and stick their head in. Pretty much like putting your finger in a fire then waving it about trying to put the fire out. I say you need to mind your own business and if they try to interfere with your country then do something.
    ISIS do interfere. Letting a terrorist state exist is just asking for trouble. The problem is that people always say things like don't get involved and don't send in the troops but then something happens like a massacre or something and everyone starts saying why did no one do anything beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by crd View Post
    You don't let the bad people do whatever they want. Obviously no other country will get involved so the USA gets involved instead. If you let terrorists just sit there killing innocent people and continuously build themselves then eventually they will go for world power.
    Roaming.

You don't let the bad people do whatever they want. Obviously no other country will get involved so the USA gets involved instead. If you let terrorists just sit there killing innocent people and continuously build themselves then eventually they will go for world power.
    This is exactly what ISIS wants, it's obviously a plan for other people to get involved with this rubbish, like one of those really badly plotted movies when the bad guy traps a loved one and uses them as bait for the super hero to come and try to save them.