Thread: Gs2 for the Noobs #3

Veteran
    :0 part 3's not done

PHP Code:
    function onCreated() {

temp.number 3;
      switch(
    temp.number) { // switch(variable) is the enclosure for if (variable ==

case 6// case 6: means 6) , so basically what we have now is if (variable == 6)

echo("COREECT");  // this code between the case and the break will run if the statement is true, if not, iw I'll check the one after that

break;
        case 
    7:
          echo(
    "why is it 7?");
        break;
        default: 
    // this is the IF NONE OF THE ABOVE IT TRUE, RUN THIS CODE

echo("No answer!");
        break;
      }

Just a quick overview.
    If the next tutorial I will be covering some more player interactions and GUI building, so stay tuned![/QUOTE]
    I don't understand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope u could explain it...
    Striker*
    -Have any question, concerns or problems?
    Message me on forums, click on the link if you need help: http://era-go.com/forum/member.php?410-Striker
    Need help on iEra P.M my nick name is Striker*
    -Need further help? My email is:[email protected]
    ENjOY PLAYING IERA!!!!!
    -Gani Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    PHP Code:
    function onCreated() {

temp.number 3;
      switch(
    temp.number) { // switch(variable) is the enclosure for if (variable ==

case 6// case 6: means 6) , so basically what we have now is if (variable == 6)

echo("COREECT");  // this code between the case and the break will run if the statement is true, if not, iw I'll check the one after that

break;
        case 
    7:
          echo(
    "why is it 7?");
        break;
        default: 
    // this is the IF NONE OF THE ABOVE IT TRUE, RUN THIS CODE

echo("No answer!");
        break;
      }

Just a quick overview.
    If the next tutorial I will be covering some more player interactions and GUI building, so stay tuned!
    I don't understand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope u could explain it...[/QUOTE]

Check now.
    -Johnaudi

I appreciate and understand your tutorials John, but I dont really understand this talk of servers in PC graal. Are there many servers in PC graal? And so by buying gold, you have complete access to that server's script, meaning you can basically control that server??

Quote Originally Posted by sandsalamand1 View Post
    I appreciate and understand your tutorials John, but I dont really understand this talk of servers in PC graal. Are there many servers in PC graal? And so by buying gold, you have complete access to that server's script, meaning you can basically control that server??
    Let me give you an example, in some MMOs, there 'servers' where they separate you from other players. Let me give you an example.
    In a game where it says Server #1, Server #2 and Server #3. Usually MMOs create servers to divide the player count, for example, if you had 1000 players in Server 1, and 5 players in Served 2, basically the job of having separate servers is to equalize all servers together, like having 300 players in server 1, 300 in server 2 and 300 in server 3.
    On Graal, we don't have that system, what we have is a PC Client. This client will log you in to a server called 'Login'. This server will 'link' you to other servers.

What this means, when you login on Graal PC Client, it will ask you to join a server. (One thing, every server has it's own scripts, weapons and players, they are not linked together)
    So when you choose a server called Era, it will log you in to the server, it will run all scripts in the server, it's like you're playing a game called 'Era' and not Graal.
    Same concept in another server called Zodiac, Classic or whatever you can find in there.

What gold gives you is the privilege of having access to the remote control of the server (where the weapons, scripts, classes, DBs and everything is stored) IF you are staff in the server... IF you're staff and DO NOT have Gold Membership, you cannot access RC, IF you're NOT staff but you have Gold Membership, you CANNOT access RC.
    -Johnaudi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Let me give you an example, in some MMOs, there 'servers' where they separate you from other players. Let me give you an example.
    In a game where it says Server #1, Server #2 and Server #3. Usually MMOs create servers to divide the player count, for example, if you had 1000 players in Server 1, and 5 players in Served 2, basically the job of having separate servers is to equalize all servers together, like having 300 players in server 1, 300 in server 2 and 300 in server 3.
    On Graal, we don't have that system, what we have is a PC Client. This client will log you in to a server called 'Login'. This server will 'link' you to other servers.

What this means, when you login on Graal PC Client, it will ask you to join a server. (One thing, every server has it's own scripts, weapons and players, they are not linked together)
    So when you choose a server called Era, it will log you in to the server, it will run all scripts in the server, it's like you're playing a game called 'Era' and not Graal.
    Same concept in another server called Zodiac, Classic or whatever you can find in there.

What gold gives you is the privilege of having access to the remote control of the server (where the weapons, scripts, classes, DBs and everything is stored) IF you are staff in the server... IF you're staff and DO NOT have Gold Membership, you cannot access RC, IF you're NOT staff but you have Gold Membership, you CANNOT access RC.
    good job explaining that

Ok thank you, so basically about the end part, only staff are allowed to write scripts for Graal? And no one who is non-staff can join in on scripting? Ok (Btw what is the server system for Era?)

I think he means iEra, I had the same question.

What do you mean by server system?
    -Johnaudi

Like is it just one server for all of iEra?