Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: gun balance..

This has been a long standing problem but we're way past the point of having an easy fix. If said guns were properly balanced near their release dates then it would have been fine. But, I'd date this problem to at least the release of the BAR, maybe earlier but I'm not that old of an iEra player (Summer 2012). At its initial release, there was outcry of it being too overpowered. But, it was never properly balanced, possibly due to the moral hazard of nerfing something someone spent so much money on. Therefore, people accepted that the BAR at its then-current state and bought them. Years later, they're everywhere on the server as it is today.

Also, there's the problem of slowly lowering standards. It's a path a lot of Pay-to-Win games go down. Instead of taking the time to slowly create a gun with properly balanced stats, they just lower the game's standards even more and make a stronger gun at a high price just to take money out of many peoples' pockets. The most prominent example of today's gun standard I'd say is the M4 versus the Default Rifle, for some reason the Default Rifle which was released many years after the M4 is better in most, if not all, aspects and yet 5k cheaper than the M4. That's why most of the popular guns today are the ones released with in the past year (i.e. GM4, Minigun, Sniper Rifles). It's been noted before that guns are released at an alarming rate with very little care for balancing and creating something unique, many things are just restats of things we already have (again, i.e. Sniper Rifles, GM4, Default Rifle, etc.). It makes some groan with the thought of "oh boy another sniper rifle...." From a business point of view it's very understandable. It's a quick and easy way to get money. But, in the long run it can be very damaging as it breaks the core of the gameplay and closes wallets as people just go straight for the "best gun" instead of buying many properly balanced guns in a search for the one best for them.

That being said, it's not easy to rebalance guns today. Since there are already so many on the market, it'd be difficult to balance them all. We can't just single out the best guns and nerf them. If that happens, the overall problem would still persist as players would just go to the next best thing, a little weaker than before but still overpowered in comparison to prior standards. It would have little affect on making the game easier for newcomers.

A month ago, a universal nerf of +0.04 freeze was suggested to punish spamming. Sadly, there was a bug that affected fire rates and this nerf did not last long. Meph, previous gun admin and one of the most experienced players of Era, has noted that adjusting bullet velocity/speed has been attempted before but has never worked out. Not sure if the same was done for bullet range, but it's likely. The current best solution, other than the freeze nerf, is to increase player health to 100 and rebalance all the gun damage values that way.

-credit to Meph for most of these arguments, I just reiterated them (didn't want to dig up quotes)
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

TTK(Time to kill) would be very different if the health bar raised to 100.

i don't think hp increase would be a good idea, just need those top guns balanced. its boring how people die without a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern Sins View Post
    Ummm no, it shouldn't be nerfed. That's why it cost so much. I'm tired of people like you keep on complaining.
    costs doesn't make it fair enough to able to kill people in just a couple shots, that's a selfish thought. people like you make the developers focus on pay2win.. you should start thinking about the balance as a whole instead of complaining not to nerf what's broken because you used alot of money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ciel View Post
    i don't think hp increase would be a good idea, just need those top guns balanced. its boring how people die without a fight

costs doesn't make it fair enough to able to kill people in just a couple shots, that's a selfish thought. people like you make the developers focus on pay2win.. you should start thinking about the balance as a whole instead of complaining not to nerf what's broken because you used alot of money on them.

All games are pay2win this concept has finally found its way to console systems now... Look at CoD series until Ghost you could earn every gun in game and its upgrades now you have to buy each and every exspansion to own every gun... Basicly the direction of gaming is going that they sell us half finished games for 60 bucks then make us pay for additional 10-15 bucks per exspansion to get the rest of there game.....

Welcome to 2014.

Join the Confederacy.... Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Confederate States of Era!!

Whenever you release an item into the public, it NEEDS to be tested.. They should give 50-100 users the experimental gun for an hour or so, and see if it overpowers other guns. If it does, then you can just remove it, and there's no problems. When you have people paying money for a gun, there's no turning back. That's why real product manufacturers have people test their products before they are released to the general public. That would play out quite nicely in this case. GAs have to be more careful. If they nerf weapons after purchase, it's exactly the same as scamming in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by ciel View Post

A couple of shots? Pretty sure the fastest you can kill someone is 5 shots with bar or sniper... Also guns cost more for a reason... Balance doesn't mean all guns should be equal. If a gun cost more it SHOULD be better. With your logic 10 ec items should be equal to 100 ec items. Gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    A couple of shots? Pretty sure the fastest you can kill someone is 5 shots with bar or sniper... Also guns cost more for a reason... Balance doesn't mean all guns should be equal. If a gun cost more it SHOULD be better. With your logic 10 ec items should be equal to 100 ec items. Gtfo.
    Lmao EC items should be worth alot less..... Anyone can AFK all day.. Just takes a little time... with a average of 3 EC per day it will only take you 34 days to get anything you want from the shop

Quote Originally Posted by W R A T H View Post
    Lmao EC items should be worth alot less..... Anyone can AFK all day.. Just takes a little time... with a average of 3 EC per day it will only take you 34 days to get anything you want from the shop
    I agree... I was using that as an example that an items cost should reflect it's strength/quality.....

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    I agree... I was using that as an example that an items cost should reflect it's strength/quality.....

I'm not a fan of the EC shop considering how easy it is to obtain anything.... I dont mind really I rarely see a Saber in a Base... Only flamers i see are easily taken down because yes they may have 5k+ hours but only 20k kills..

Quote Originally Posted by W R A T H View Post
    All games are pay2win this concept has finally found its way to console systems now... Look at CoD series until Ghost you could earn every gun in game and its upgrades now you have to buy each and every exspansion to own every gun... Basicly the direction of gaming is going that they sell us half finished games for 60 bucks then make us pay for additional 10-15 bucks per exspansion to get the rest of there game.....

Welcome to 2014.
    Amen