Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Being hacked

Being hacked

This may be regarded as a dumb question by many (it probably is lol) but i still need an answer . I notice that most people who acquire a super such as pink brella end up getting hacked in the near future... Is there ANY way you can avoid being hacked? (Other than not giving out personal info).
    "I'd love to say I'm the original death angel but the ten other guys named death angel would beg to differ"

Banned
    It depends on what kind of hack program they have.
    Just to be sure, never give out the slightest information about your account to anybody to stay clear of hackers.

The only way for a player to be "hacked" is if they give away personal information.

Need help? Just Message me I will gladly help!

Street Boss
    It's impossible to hack an account. People who say they got "hacked" didn't actually get hacked. They just got scammed.

Being truly hacked is very rare and usually dealt with easily. Being Scammed is where they get the hacked term to make it look like it wasn't their fault. When in reality they are just dumb and still get scammed.
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel2874 View Post
    The only way for a player to be "hacked" is if they give away personal information.
    Lies.
    I got hacked once in 2012 and I didn't even gave out any details relating to my account.
    It is possible to hack into someone's account without gaining information.
    Just like how Duke hacked his saber in the past, but was caught eventually soon after.

The best way to avoid having your account compromised is in fact never sharing any personal information with anyone, especially email address. There are various schemes (fake Graal websites, admin impersonators, etc) that circulates around Era that malicious players use to trick a player into basically giving away or sharing their account, much to the victim's unawareness. Staff repeatedly tries to alert players to never give out account info to others, but it is an ongoing issue.

Another way to secure your account is to ensure your email is secure and contains a strong password. Most email providers also offer security settings to lock out other potential email hackers and keep your email account safe.

Finally, make sure the email that is currently tied to your account is fully yours and authorized by you only.

I'm not sure this works on here but they could leak rc like someone did on un

Big Cheese
    There are, indeed, programs to crack email passwords, meaning u shall not even give out your email for someone who wants to "upload a custom for you."

What exactly are your definitions of "personal info"? Such as what is the borderline between trivial information and info of the category that can get you hacked? Age? Profession? I know I will get messages inhabiting disparate worlds of thought, but I will try to consolidate your views into a solid statement.
    "I'd love to say I'm the original death angel but the ten other guys named death angel would beg to differ"