Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skill being overlooked in era..

Skill being overlooked in era..

Nowadays all you have on the streets of era are Flamethrowers and Miniguns,why did they makr these nearly unbeatable weapons?Is there something up because whenever u shoot them head on it does no damage but from an angle it does,thats completely bs.Basing is like at an all time low because gangs are having 2-4 flamethrowers in one base which is untakeable , This has made graal suckish so to speak.Not even fun anymore people arent required to have skill,being a pro or a noob is no longer distinguished,i'll tell you 90% of those in monthly are either minigun or flamethrowet spammers.Like i said it does no damage shooting them head on you gotta fix that like wtf graal has gone downhill,i advise developers to stop creating these war like weapons rofl Dont even front those with flamethrowers,you know youre nearly unbeatable this is just bs..Go in a small base like lethal and see flame thrower spammers at each corner thats pretty fair right?
    Last edited by Lucid; 09-01-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typos

Yeah, but that's era.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

I agree with the weapons being made and skill being nothing anymore. For the shooting head on thing, blame the hit timer.
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

And this problem wouldn't have happened if 2-3 free ec a day weren't given out for like a year straight.

When they started making low freeze high damage weapons that when the skill cap died. And well lets face it the minigun and the flame thrower kill the pbp being the streak dominant weapon. It was fun when everyone used a m4/sten and lower in spar and when pbp was the viable streak weapon.

Era went downhill once the bar was released, before that time was the prime time of era. It was fun, easy to get money, easy to get stuff and have a fun time. But now it suck s because it's so p2w. It's not as enjoyable as it used to be.
    Live your life, enjoy it while it lasts. Don't give it up when you are down, you are a light like the stars in a sky.

Banned
    Know why flamethrower/minigun don't take damage when head-on combat?
    The stack damage is what that matters. Since flamethrower and minigun has 5 damage but highest ROF, it deserves the stack.
    In no hit timer places(bases/spar), they can be overrun very easily. Both parties will take damage no matter what collision they make.
    Hit timer areas is a way to stop people from gaining kills too easily in PK areas. Thus, having to make the 2 guns to be dominant around the server.
    You see flamethrower users, I can guarantee 95% uses EC uploads/Free EC more than they earn.

Big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Know why flamethrower/minigun don't take damage when head-on combat?
    The stack damage is what that matters. Since flamethrower and minigun has 5 damage but highest ROF, it deserves the stack.
    In no hit timer places(bases/spar), they can be overrun very easily. Both parties will take damage no matter what collision they make.
    Hit timer areas is a way to stop people from gaining kills too easily in PK areas. Thus, having to make the 2 guns to be dominant around the server.
    You see flamethrower users, I can guarantee 95% uses EC uploads/Free EC more than they earn.
    There is a hit-timer in spar, tho.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by #14 AJ View Post
    There is a hit-timer in spar, tho.
    Only for some spar areas.

I agree 100% with the OP. The minigun and flame thrower are probably the worst weapons to be introduced to this game. If you use a mini or flame, you basically have a shield as well since if you land the first shot, you cannot get hit. OPEN YOUR EYES, the minigun is overpowered plain and simple. A weapon with no hit timer, 50 clip, fires a bazillion rounds, kills in 2 seconds, cannot be damaged... Equivalent weapons like the BAR are crap compared to this thing. The BAR also is NOT a 5 hit kill outside of bases. It's a 9-10 hit kill because of the hit timer. If era wanted to reduce spam, they should have not released a minigun.

Here is my theory. When the BAR was released, the whole point of it was to bring income into the game. The BAR was the most powerful gun with a high price tag which could defeat almost any gun. Players (especially younger ones) want to have power over others. People will pay A LOT of money for power. When a deadly gun comes out that's better than the rest, everyone wants it so what do they do? They give the $80, either by working or begging their parents since they want it, and want it now. These are the people the game profits most from. The people who dig are worthless in terms of profit since they don't give the game money in anyway so they are not as important.

After a while, the BAR becomes common. Almost everyone went through the phase of buying/digging it, and the game doesn't get that much income from it anymore. What's next? Release another overpowered gun. One that's far better than the previous one (BAR). Then, everyone will want that gun, and give the game more money. Better yet, make the previous OP gun (BAR) weaker, and make the new gun "godly" so that even more profit will come from it. This new OP gun is the minigun. With it's dramatic lasers, sound effects, back straps, and stats, it outclasses the BAR no doubt.

In the future, the minigun will be common (if it isn't already), and there will be a new 200,000 Gralat gun that will probably kill in one shot. Who wouldn't want a gun like that? Then more $$.

This is how a business works. Give something people want, and people will pay for it. If I owned this game, I would probably do the same thing to be honest..

Even though this is "pay2win", if someone didn't pay, we wouldn't have this game. Personally, I view people who pay for these overpowered guns as donors, because they help keep this game running. So next time you get wiped out by a minigun, say "Thank you!"...

If I didn't think like this, I would have no respect for minigun users.