Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions frequently asked of PR's:

jeni

Questions frequently asked of PR's:

Lately, there have been some threads posted here or that OTHER forum  that asks why it is so difficult to get assistance from PR’s at times. Knowledge is power and in this case, can definitely help you get your answer more efficiently and effectively if you review this information. I have been pseudo-tracking the various questions I get as a PR and have summarized the more common one’s below for reference. Please keep in mind these are JENI’S answers and while most apply to all staff - some questions are up to staff preference like dolls/statues and all Admins may not choose to give these items away.

# 1 QUESTION ASKED:
    Can I ask a question?

YES. We appreciate you are being polite but please don’t do this as it immediately creates double pm volume. If you have a question, just pm one of us asking it as specifically as possible.

PR Info:
    What does PR mean and what do you do?
    PR stands for Player Relations. Our main function is to assist players and enable them to better enjoy iEra. This means that we primarily answer general game questions, host events, host auctions, manage uploads, and work reports. We are not in charge of staffing and cannot process account transfers. We are also not experts on the latest trading values of items on the trade tables. In addition, some of us do have incremental responsibilities in terms of assisting PRA’s (Player Relations Admins – our bosses), managing upload, auctions, specific functions/levels on the map as well as era-go.com forum responsibilities.

What do you get paid for being a PR?
    We are not financially compensated, we volunteer our time. We do receive rewards from snk via gralats, ecs, and or items on occasion. Additionally we get a free gold membership.

Are you hiring?
    Not right now. When we are hiring, we will post the information and application on era-go.com.

Auctions and Events
    Can you host an auction?
    Like events, we know players want auctions… a lot. There are however, rules we must adhere by and cannot always accommodate your requests. In general we should not do auctions more frequently than 24 hours apart on weekends and 48 hours apart during the week. Exceptions are made for Holidays/special occasions. There are also limits scripted in on how many of specific items (super rares) can be auctioned in a given 7 day timeframe as well as many items that are not available for auction at all. These rules are in place to help ensure super rare items stay rare and we do not deplete their value by flooding the marketplace with them.

Do events please? (More of a command versus a question usually)
    PR’s are not required to host events although most of us do. We are given 5 ec’s per day to use solely for hosting events. If we do not host, they do not accumulate in our staff account, they are replaced with 5 more the next time we set the Event Team tag. We know you like events so it is unlikely that we have forgotten to do them. If we are not busy with other things and can do them, we will do it. No need to ask. Also, there may be reasons that we select the events to host we do – could be some events are not working properly or we have limited time personally to host. Please do not spam us requesting specific events. We have a large playerbase and everyone likes something different so we do our best to alternate events and balance chance and skill opportunities.

Can you do an EC upload please?
    No. PR’s do not have the ability to trigger event coin uploads.

Gimme something!!!
    Can I have your doll please?
    Yes!
    Thanks for the doll but why can’t I show it?
    In order to equip your doll (or dolls in inventory), you must have first purchased the doll option in the Doll Shop that is located in front of Mercy Hospital East. Purchase the $1000 doll option on the left in order to equip and display dolls. This option also allows you to give your personal doll to your friends. If you would like a copy of your own doll for yourself, purchase the $150 “Your Own Doll” option.

Can I have your statue at my house/ganghouse?
    Yes, if I am not in the middle of something. If that is the case, I will accommodate you later.
    I didn’t know I had to buy a statue, where do I buy one?
    Staff do not drop statues at your houses, you must purchase one upstairs at Meph’s Furniture. The statue is the item wrapped like a present and called “Mysterious Present” for $1000. Please purchase the statue and have it ready before you request one of us to “hug” it and share our character likeness.

Can I have your hat please?
    Occasionally staff has special hats that only they can give – for event prizes only. This practice is currently on hold pending better definition on how they are used and proper tracking.

I need freebies please!
    All staff can enable freebies on the server; however the system does restrict how often this can happen. Kind of like events, we know you like and need this, so usually we will do it as frequently as the system allows.

Can I have a (insert item name here)?
    No. Staff accounts are programmed so that we cannot drop any item besides an Event Coin and only those in the Events House.

Anything unreleased!
    When is the Holiday shop opening?
    I don’t know and if I did I could not share that information with players. Part of the fun is the element of surprise with new releases so staffs are not permitted to discuss details about any of this with players prior to actual release.

Annoying players
    What do I do because this noob is bothering me?
    If they are bothering you, you can move to another part of the map away from them, block them, etc. If the matter is more serious, use the Report option to submit a report including the reason so that any member of the PR staff will review it and take appropriate action.

(Insert name here) scammed me, can you please get my item back?
    No, sadly we cannot get your item back that was scammed. Scamming is legal in game which is why there is a very clear disclaimer when you drop items. This is also why you should always use trade tables.

Account or item transfers
    Can you transfer my ec’s from my other account?
    No, we do not transfer ec’s.

Will you help me with an account transfer?
    PR’s do not have the ability to process account transfers. You should visit the Identify House in front of Start Park to ensure you have followed all steps to Identify your account. If you sign into another device with your email from another account, once the device is validated via email, you should see an option to transfer your items. If you are trying to combine accounts, you would say yes to this option. If you continue to have issues with merging or transferring accounts and Identify doesn’t work for you, please post the account information for both accounts with specific detail on what you are trying to accomplish and why in Letters to Staff/Account Issues on this forum or email the information to [email protected].

Sharing your talent
    I made a hat I would like to sell in a shop in iEra, what do I do?
    Visit the Player Hat Shop in Southridge where you will find Layerd’s NPC and instructions for emailing your submission to [email protected].

Miscellaneous
    What does it mean when I pm an Admin and get the response “The messaged player logged out”?
    It indicates that the staff member has logged out of the game but is still logged into Remote Control which is a staff tool.

Why do you have so many accounts?
    Most of us have regular player ios accounts and our staff pc accounts. Some members of staff may also have a staff account on their ios device.

I bought a gralat pack with iTunes but the gralats were never added to my account...
    IF this situation happens to you where you purchase a gralat pack via the Shop menu option but do not receive your gralats, just like any other iTunes purchase, Apple will email you a receipt. Email that receipt showing the in-game gralat pack purchase along with your graal id (found if you click on Feedback in-game) and your in-game player nickname to [email protected]. It can take a few days for him to work through emails so please be patient. He will complete any necessary research and if necessary, he will add them to your account.

Resources!
    Players harassing, making racist comments, vulgar name/status, impersonation, USD trading, glitching, hacking, spamming = REPORT option
    Have ideas to improve iEra = Use feedback in game or post in the Future Improvements section of this forum
    Have an account transfer issue and Identify won’t work = post all relevant account info and details in a post under Letters to Staff/Account Issues in this forum or email to [email protected]
    Have a comment or concern with a specific staff member = email details to [email protected]
    Wanna know if any functions in iEra are hiring = check these forums
    Have any other general questions about gameplay = review these forums or check in-game guides and tutorial
    Still need help? PM an online PR

If you read all of that YOU ARE GOOD! Hope it helped somewhat and you will share this knowledge with your fellow players to prevent a few pms that will in turn, free us up to help more players
    Last edited by jeni; 07-02-2013 at 02:16 AM.

I am going to ask you every single one of these questions periodically.

jeni
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorface View Post
    I am going to ask you every single one of these questions periodically.
    And I will stalk you and killlll youuu <3

Player Relations Admin Cleopatra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeni View Post
    And I will stalk you and killlll youuu <3
    Rotfl
    Queen C<3

very nice guide Jeni, I can see you put a lot of time in this xD
    King of Kings
    Feel free to message me ingame for any help!

Veteran
    tysm

And else~~~...
    Can I ask you one question?
    -Answer:ask it))don't ask to ask
    Thanks,Fia!!!

Big Cheese
    Can i have your doll?
    Can i have your statue?
    Can you host events now?
    Joke joke. Take care.

Can I have 10000000000 free EC?