Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We all know minigun got nerfed but

hwaryun
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafez View Post
    I think gun stats should never be chanched... If you buy a gun and read it should be like that forever because you prob buy a gun for the stats! You GUYS gotta stop nerf stuff i didn't buy the minigun or bar for those stats... Terible for once i would love to see the gun team make something good..
    With all due respect, you are wrong and clearly not seeing the big picture.
    The main purpose of nerfing/ buffing an item is because of how the gun impacts the meta game in graal. While the admins do a decent job of testing out some guns, the others... not so much. However we can't exactly blame them because they don't have the same mindset as a regular person playing graal might have, nor do they know how and what will affect the overall gameplay. For example, when I played graal, no one cared about the $4.5k gun in gangster zone called the m4. Look at it now. It is one of the standard issue "sparring gear" in the current meta game. In conclusion, buffing and nerfing a gun is indirectly caused by us the gamers, and admins are simply people who change it accordingly, whether or not someone agrees with it or not.

i came to yell at everyone thats complaining but jazzy made me feel better, thanks for the firstaid kit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafez View Post
    I think gun stats should never be chanched... If you buy a gun and read it should be like that forever because you prob buy a gun for the stats! You GUYS gotta stop nerf stuff i didn't buy the minigun or bar for those stats... Terible for once i would love to see the gun team make something good..
    lol what
    the gun team lololol

Banned
    Nobody looks at stats these days...
    They only see how popular the gun is or it's ROF/Freeze/Reload/Clip in-game.

hwaryun
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Nobody looks at stats these days...
    They only see how popular the gun is or it's ROF/Freeze/Reload/Clip in-game.
    The current GA's weapon thread is so difficult to navigate since all the changes are part of a timeline of what people posted in what time "period."
    I think that the GA(s?)'s should just make individual threads on some of the most controversial guns (i.e. flamethrower, Browning Automatic Rifle, M4, Ghost M4, Shipka, Metalstorm etc.) so that if these guns were to be changed in anyway, they would be listed immediately, not by player opinions and rumors. We could probably have it so that it is only administrator edit only, so that no one posts, but acts as a bulletin board.

Sure, this would be a fair amount of work, but it would solve the problem of no one actually knows what really happened to a gun, and put a stop to all the "Give me the stats to (blank) gun because I don't really know what it is like due to the stats not being updated." posts, along with the "What happened to this (blank) gun?" threads that we see so often these days.

As I've been saying since the MiniGun was released, it should have never given people the ability to spam that easily.
    The way it is now is perfect.

I do sympathize for any casualties that were mislead into thinking that their dollars could translate into kills, but you must have seen it coming.

As far as being "worth the money" now, it can still be a highly effective gun, you just have to work for it-- as you should.
    Kills shouldn’t come easily, even if you have money to blow.

I think more guns could take a lesson from this.
    Under no circumstance should somebody just be able to spam their way to victory.
    Spamming on every gun should result in a loss of mobility, as the MiniGun is currently modeling.

You can still spam; you just have to take better care as to when it will be more benefit than risk; because the slower walk speed presents a vulnerability that you now have to take into consideration.

You now have to take a step back and weigh out the good with the bad.
    If you wish to hold down your fire-button, you need to make sure that you've got enough cushion between enemy bullets to do so with your current level of dodging ability.
    Otherwise, you're going to get mowed down, and out-maneuvered.
    If you try to do this mindlessly, the damage you deal will not outweigh the damage you take.

On the other hand, if you wish to take advantage of the mobility that the MiniGun offers, shoot one bullet at a time. It's a great tap fire gun.

Oh, and to squash this question that seems to be lingering:
    “Does the minigun still stack?”
    Yes, it does.
    You can still mow down people with it; you just have to work harder to get them within scope to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    However we can't exactly blame them because they don't have the same mindset as a regular person playing graal might have, nor do they know how and what will affect the overall gameplay.
    True, most admins don’t actually play the game to an extent that they can relate to the playerbase, and most admins don’t get out there and base/spar/etc.
    And I like that you're putting some responsibility on the playerbase, after all- they're the ones that pressure the GAs into tweaking guns.

But the full blame cannot be on the players, either.

This came up in another post of mine, so I’ll quote it to save me some typing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph
    I believe it's crucial for an admin to play the game, because it's ever-changing. Having first-hand experience with today's game allows them to stay relevant and have a more personal connection to the pressing matters on the server, allowing them to better relate to the concerns of the playerbase.

And when it comes time to address these concerns, they can do so with a mindset of a player. None of this, "we're going to try this out and see how players react to it" bologna. As up-to-date player-admins, such trial-and-error isn't necessary, because they're included in the population that would be immediately affected by the changes. As a result of this inclusion, they are more educated and informed, and therefore more likely to make a decision that will stick.
    That’s the whole idea behind the title ‘Gun Admin’.
    It’s not a position of somebody that just sits behind a RC and blindly alters variables.

It’s a position for an individual that takes all play styles into consideration, and in the testing phases, takes the time to applicate the gun in all venues.
    Realistically, a Guns Admin is supposed to be 90% player. They spend most of their time playing the game(sparring, basing, PKing) so that they can make the appropriate calls on stats, and get it right the first time.

Cited quote: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post145173
    Last edited by Meph; 09-14-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Revision

well done

Banned
    Too bad such a long post doesn't catch the eye of those who prefer spamming their guns more than using actual skills and some brainstorming.
    Thus, tap-firing was born! It's way easier than holding down the button just to automatically spam your hell gun.
    It's unfair, though. Seeing people complaining about this change just because they suck badly at using their gun.

hwaryun
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Too bad such a long post doesn't catch the eye of those who prefer spamming their guns more than using actual skills and some brainstorming.
    Thus, tap-firing was born! It's way easier than holding down the button just to automatically spam your hell gun.
    It's unfair, though. Seeing people complaining about this change just because they suck badly at using their gun.
    When I used to play graal, over a year ago, I bought guns because they looked cool, not because they were good. The most expensive gun I ever had was the sten, and even then, I never spent real money on graal.

Really, it's just a game. Why do people complain when they waste money? It's really their risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    When I used to play graal, over a year ago, I bought guns because they looked cool, not because they were good. The most expensive gun I ever had was the sten, and even then, I never spent real money on graal.

Really, it's just a game. Why do people complain when they waste money? It's really their risk.
    Because it's a product and a service provided by a company. You have expectations. It's like going to the movies to see a comedy but it turned out to be a scary movie. Whenever money is involved in anything the people paying become customers. They have a right to criticize the product for good or bad.