Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We all know minigun got nerfed but

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    Because it's a product and a service provided by a company. You have expectations. It's like going to the movies to see a comedy but it turned out to be a scary movie. Whenever money is involved in anything the people paying become customers. They have a right to criticize the product for good or bad.
    Exactly
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post

That’s the whole idea behind the title ‘Gun Admin’.
    It’s not a position of somebody that just sits behind a RC and blindly alters variables.

It’s a position for an individual that takes all play styles into consideration, and in the testing phases, takes the time to applicate the gun in all venues.
    Realistically, a Guns Admin is supposed to be 90% player. They spend most of their time playing the game(sparring, basing, PKing) so that they can make the appropriate calls on stats, and get it right the first time.
    Rec and I use our IOS 3x as much as our pcs, and we aren't the type to just idle in start like other people like to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    Because it's a product and a service provided by a company. You have expectations. It's like going to the movies to see a comedy but it turned out to be a scary movie. Whenever money is involved in anything the people paying become customers. They have a right to criticize the product for good or bad.
    Yes but it's not like we're turning the minigun into shotgun, you're making it sound like the gun is completely being changed, it still performs the way it used to just gets put more in line with the other guns.

Also i've seen lots of people saying the m4 was nerfed, as far as i'm aware neither rec or I have ever altered the M4 stats. Any changes made to it were prior to us being GA's which was feburary last year

Who cares if its stronger than 100 ec item just waste of money at least give us a 50% refund on guns I don't get it, mini gun is the weakest gun ever and its not worth 200k, just make it stronger its not that hard, you can't just nerf a gun.
    I CONSIDER MYSELF A VERY CREATIVE PERSON

people should recieve warnings for asking for refunds, it's starting to get on my nerves "oh my gun is the weakest ever refund NOW, except every player has it and it's finally in it's perfect state!" Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac aka joker View Post
    Who cares if its stronger than 100 ec item just waste of money at least give us a 50% refund on guns I don't get it, mini gun is the weakest gun ever and its not worth 200k, just make it stronger its not that hard, you can't just nerf a gun.
    What do you mean they can't just nerf a gun, of course they can they're the gun admins, big games change stats all the time, take battlefield 4, the sw40 was a dlc pistol that was op when it was released (dlc is $20 and 70% of people buy it for the guns), 2 months later in the next dlc update it gets nerfed and becomes fair, no refunds.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not like theyve changed the guns completely and made them worse than guns under its price, its just not as strong as before because it was op. you guys always complain that the admins suck and you want the old gun admin back to balance the game. Well what do you think the current ones are doing if not balancing, even if the current admins were swapped for the old gun admin nothing will change, if anything based on what he's said, guns will be nerfed even more than now

Quote Originally Posted by ciel View Post
    people should recieve warnings for asking for refunds, it's starting to get on my nerves "oh my gun is the weakest ever refund NOW, except every player has it and it's finally in it's perfect state!" Grr
    uhh... ok then..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    What do you mean they can't just nerf a gun, of course they can they're the gun admins, big games change stats all the time, take battlefield 4, the sw40 was a dlc pistol that was op when it was released (dlc is $20 and 70% of people buy it for the guns), 2 months later in the next dlc update it gets nerfed and becomes fair, no refunds.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not like theyve changed the guns completely and made them worse than guns under its price, its just not as strong as before because it was op. you guys always complain that the admins suck and you want the old gun admin back to balance the game. Well what do you think the current ones are doing if not balancing, even if the current admins were swapped for the old gun admin nothing will change, if anything based on what he's said, guns will be nerfed even more than now
    To be real with ya your going to have provide a bigger example then that, side arms in Battlefield 4 are mostly used when you run out of ammo and most of the time if you have a good support with you, you'll never run out ammo. Not to mention the DLC was 20 dollars while the Minigun is 80. I'm not talking the minigun nerf though, I'm over that. What happens, happens and I won't complain about it anymore.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of agree with John on that example, I didn't buy the DLCs and let me tell you every gun was balanced in its own way. I dropped SW users with my Ace 53 SV or M19.

In this case I find the nerf still needing some tuning as it is no where near par with Bar which in this case alot of weapons arent balanced. Flame needs a nerf, bar needs a nerf, and alot of things need a nerf if we are going down this path. You can't stop now with mini.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

Veteran
    lol is got nerf D
    Just a nerd...
    IGN= xSh4dow

Are u bored right now? Click here!------> Gamble

Any question? Feel free to ask me.
    I speak Malay,Chinese,English,Cantonese,Hokkien.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Also i've seen lots of people saying the m4 was nerfed, as far as i'm aware neither rec or I have ever altered the M4 stats. Any changes made to it were prior to us being GA's which was feburary last year
    You know, I have no clue where people are getting that M4 has been changed.
    Every time somebody says something about it, I go in and check it just to be sure.

this.gun_spread = 0.1;
    this.player_freezefire = {0.1945,0.30};
    this.player_freezereload = {0.30,0.35};
    this.gun_clip = 16;

Those are the same exact stats it had when I joined the iEra team in August 2012.
    I never touched it because everybody saw the M4 as a 'benchmark' gun that set the standard for other guns.

The only guns I ever really wanted to nerf back then was the BAR and Souizen.
    http://www.graalians.com/forums/show...2&postcount=15

As far as the MiniGun nerf, as I said earlier: it's perfect.
    I've used the MiniGun tap-fire style since its release, and the only inconvenience that the nerf brings is the lower damage.
    As far as functionality, I hardly see a difference when I tap-fire it.

I fully stand by the decision to nerf spamming on it.
    The only people who would complain are those who lost the ability to rack up kills with ease.
    Easy come, easy go.

The gun still holds its own, if you know how to dodge bullets.
    If you were part of the lazy few who purchased the gun with the intent of spamming bullets without vulnerability, sorry for your luck.

The only question you should be asking is, "Why hasn't every gun had this nerf as well?"
    Last edited by Meph; 09-15-2014 at 11:23 AM.

With the nerf to the minigun we can only assume that the flamethrower is next, it is still arguably better than how the minigun was originally with spamming without any drawback. Kinda bummed to see these changes tho, it's just adding to the list of guns I won't bother repairing :/

With all the recent nerfs I feel like you should buff a weapon-> Maccus Uzi dual, it's one of the the only guns that's better with just 1 of them. Dual wielding it oddly slows down its rate of fire making it shoot like a rifle rather than the Uzi that it is.
    Last edited by Skreem; 09-18-2014 at 06:49 AM.