Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hosting Events Guide (For New or Future Staff Members)

Banned

Hosting Events Guide (For New or Future Staff Members)

So, this is just a list of commands at new staff members can look to if they have intentions on hosting on the daily and need quick and easy access to the base commands of every event. I will also give a description of what I recommend you doing on every event as well.

Don't forget to check out AceLion's thread: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...st-but-are-new
    Remember to always update the level first in every event! I really recommend not having typewriter on..
    The command ':kickall' applies to every event.

Races:

Bush Race: ':ready', not sure if ':lock' or ':unlock' works, but it would usually place and unplace a door. ; I recommend updating the level as soon as your own self enters the level, that way, it reduces the amount of people already glitched into some of a bush lane. Don't forget to update the level on this one, as to it is really important.

Multirace: ':center', ':start' ; You would want to only update the level once, in the beginning, :center twice, then :start the event.

Water Race and Water Race 2: ':start' ; Updating the level is essential sometimes, because the winner block probably already has someone's GraalID listed as the winner of the race. If people happen to lag and pass through the trees/blocks, don't worry about them, because when starting the event, it warps them back at the beginning of the countdown, and right when it says, "Go!"

Trirace: ':start' ; Well, it does warp them back at the beginning of the countdown and at the end of it, so you won't have to worry about it when players lag and pass through the trees. I recommend waiting for like 15 seconds before actually saying :start, that way you could give players a chance to heal up for the crabs in the race.

Crate Race and Crate Race V2: ':start' ; Pretty straight foward, just update then start. Watch out for the speed hackers though!

Gravity Race and Gravity Race 2: ':start' ; Well, people tend to usually lag and go through the staff blocks, so be sure to not make it obvious that you're scoping into these events, and have your dragging tool enabled ahead of time as well.

Lucky Race: ':start' ; Pretty straight foward here too, and it warps them in front of the start of the race at the end of the countdown. Really don't have to worry about anything.

Chance

Lucky Grab: ':down', ':timer' ; Always wait for the timer to end before saying :down again, because it would kick 90-100% of the players remaining in the event. If you want to make it a quick LG, say :timer then :down really fast.

Toilet Chance: ':down', ':timer' ; Well, all I have to say is that when you say :down, it cancels the timer, so don't worry about you accidentally kicking players.

Edit:I had to add semicolon instead of a colon to the commands ';open', so yeah. But just know that you do use a colon.

Elegant Chance: ';open', ':box [Whatever box number the Chance block chooses]' ; There's various ways you can host this event, like, the alternative, whatever box the block chooses is safe, the rest gets kicked. Always kick the box(s) before opening.

Explosive Chance ':healall' ':undo' ';open' ; This event is super broken, so I recommend not hosting it AT ALL.

Team

Team Spar ':start' ; Hosting this event for like 100 people makes it relatively fast, but if you host it for 30 people, it makes it really interesting.

Capture The Flag: '/ctf' ; If the helicopters don't allow the players to spawn into the gmap, just say /ctf and I believe you press reset. It's relatively easy, and I recommend hosting it for 80 people and below for a good, not so long and annoying match.

Tag Team Spar: ':sort', ':down', ':up', ':chattoggle', ':toggleauto' ; Always use :toggleauto instead of :down, because you'll have to continuosly say :down. Don't really allow players to chat, because it'll increase the chance of people teaming, oh, and please do kick teamers, without hesitation.

Skill

Spar Tournament: ':start', ':stop', 'kickdead' ; It's really really REALLY recommended to update the level at the beginning of the event, and always try to host within the range of 16, 32, and 64. Never host above 100, because you will break the server. Don't believe me? Give it a shot. Anyways, if all players are done sparring, but doesn't resort the players with other players, just say :stop, :kickdead, update level, then :start.

Rush: ':start' ; Just say :start with this one, nothing else to it. Try to host it from around 60 and below to host a quick game of Rush.

Tricky Tiles: ':start', ':move', ':timer' ; Never say :timer until you suspect someone not moving after saying :move, and never say :move when there's already a timer going down.

Trivia: ':trivia' (there's a command where it removes a point from someone, but I don't know it) ; Always state out to how many points a player has to get to be titled as the winner. The common number of points to win is 5. Never rig a trivia, because you'll get into really deep trouble, and will be fired.

Catastrophy: ':set #', ':timer' (Does not do anything at all, but counts down, it glitches the event. Do not say this command), ':reset', ':start' ; If you aren't familiar with how to start the event, simply say these commands, in order, quickly: :set # (Let's say 20) > update level > :reset > :start. If you experience players lagging and walking through the blocks, simply ask them to stay in the box until the event starts. If they disobey, just kick them. You'd want to make the number of cats to save to win to at least 20.

That's pretty much it. Did not include Hunted because that event is only accessible to high staff only. Hope this 'guide' helps future staff out with hosting events.
    Last edited by Cudislagne; 10-04-2014 at 04:21 PM.

OreOs
    This is the event section help in the document I mentioned in AceLion's thread. No need to add this because they all receive it and they also have in game commands in many of the events.
    Last edited by OreOs; 10-02-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Sodapop
    What OreOs said, I'm sure all staff receive guides on this type of stuff and their is also event guides in the actual events.
    Last edited by Sodapop; 10-02-2014 at 01:40 AM.

Banned
    Lol i typed this all out mysef, and I didn't know lol

Big Cheese
    k. nice. plagerism. gg bro

- - - Updated - - -

naw jk, nice thread tho, nice to know you care.
    Returned... I think. Lmao. I missed all of y'all <3

whilst in an event there is a command to bring up the commands for the event, there is no need for this..

Hey cudi, heads up, i already made a thread about this yesterday,haha
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AceLion View Post
    Hey cudi, heads up, i already made a thread about this yesterday,haha
    I don't know if you read the entire thread, but I stated to check out your thread, and plus your thread is wayy shorter than mines. I actually elaborated on every event, individually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    whilst in an event there is a command to bring up the commands for the event, there is no need for this..
    Yes, but I also am including an elaborative style of preference when it comes to hosting events. A preference everyone loves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cudislagne View Post
    I don't know if you read the entire thread, but I stated to check out your thread, and plus your thread is wayy shorter than mines. I actually elaborated on every event, individually.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but I also am including an elaborative style of preference when it comes to hosting events. A preference everyone loves.
    My mistake, i didn't include as many commands because like myst said, there is a command guide to help them while in the event.
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Banned
    There is no command that tells them how to host it exactly, just shows them a list of commands within the event. As I said, I'm just giving a description for EACH event of how the should host it exactly. Not forcing them, but just giving them an idea. This is mainly for players to read that usually come on here, because who knows, any of us could get hired at any moment. Might as well know ahead of time, am I right? Yet, the negativity within us breaks this community.