Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hosting Events Guide (For New or Future Staff Members)

I'd also like this to be noted about Spar Tournament.

Too many people host this event by just idling in the lobby.
    Don't do this. This event needs to be watched like a hawk.

Practice this exercise:
    "Warp 1" <ENTER> <UP> <BACKSPACE> "2" <ENTER> <UP> <BACKSPACE> "3" <ENTER> <UP> <BACKSPACE> "4" <ENTER> <UP> <BACKSPACE> "5" <ENTER> <UP> <BACKSPACE> "6" <ENTER> <UP> <BACKSPACE> "7" <ENTER> <UP> <BACKSPACE> "8", REPEAT.

I've found it easier to just have :typeon and just do <BACKSPACE> "NUMBER", since it saves you the step of hitting <UP> AND <ENTER>, BUT BEWARE:
    If you have :typeon activated, make a habit of turning it off when you get back to the lobby.

Simply put, it's easy to make a mistake this way.
    You'll find yourself accidentally doing this sequence, after refreshing the game:
    :stop, :kickdead, :start, :warp 1.
    If you're in a good habit of doing the :typeon, it's very easy to accidentally do <up> and <enter>, and you're going to accidentally :start the match again.

However you do it, make a habit out of cycling through the different arenas while you're hosting.

You're looking for a player that is stuck, and cannot move.
    Usually they're in the center of the arena, but I've seen instances where they're in their respective box, frozen.
    This is a bug, and the opponent is very quick to respond by meleeing them and getting a cheap win.

Your goal is to be faster than these cheapskates. Cycling the arenas in the above fashion will give you the edge you need.
    Once you encounter somebody that is frozen, you can unfreeze them by dragging them slightly.
    I generally like to drag both people in opposite sides, so that the match can start evenly.

This activates their real position and lets the fight go as it should.

Also,
    In the event that somebody is in an arena by themselves, and the game doesn't automatically warp them back to the lobby:
    Don't do anything. Let the round finish.
    Once every arena except for this person is completed, you're going to need to do the following commands, in this order:
    :stop --> :kickdead --> :start

Banned
    I'm not sure if any of the staffs who host this will even be on this forum or worst case- manipulate the event at all cost.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    I'm not sure if any of the staffs who host this will even be on this forum or worst case- manipulate the event at all cost.
    It's just very unfortunate. Congrats on 5K posts btw.

Thank you so much for your effort.

Banned
    No problem, all I want is to enjoy playing these events being hosted, fluidly, and for you guys to enjoy hosting events as well.

Street Boss
    Nice guide c:
    Newspaper Team Staff and Gani Artist.
    iEra translator to Arabic.
    Former Zone Patrol Captain.
    IGN : Michel.
    If you have any question just ask!

I actually think this guide was good cudi, also there isn't a guide for staff. They have to be taught by another staff. There are some in-game instructions for staff though.

Very nice, new PR's will thank you.

nice work.
    You can contact me via discord: killjoy#3040

Very thoughtful and considerate of you Cudi for your time to construct a guide helping contemporary Staff members.
    IGN: bizrr (Milk)