Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how to become admin. 3rd way?

i want to become player relations part. i played for 4 years, i think it is long time so i have big knowledge. why i cant join player relations team

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

"Champions aren't made in the ring-- they are merely recognized there."

You've identified two realms where people get recognized-- two "rings".
    Application, and recommendation.

And you're not wrong-- those are pretty much the only entry points that you have, if your goal is to be a PR.
    However, you've overlooked what happens before those points: the "training" that happens in order for you to be recognized in those "rings".

How do you get to the point of being recognized on an application, or recommended?
    Show that you can do the job before even obtaining it.

You've got a golden opportunity right here on these forums:
    People are constantly asking questions here-- many of which are the same exact questions we get as PRs.
    Be proactive: respond to these cries for help.
    See this as an opportunity to show everybody, "I'm here to help people. Even though I don't have the title, I'm going to go above and beyond to help my fellow player."
    This way, in addition to helping people, you'll also be building on your resume by advertising your knowledge.

Not only will this assist you in getting recommended, but when it comes to an application, regardless of what you put down, if it's written halfway decent and the PRA is reading your application, thinking: "Youknow, this guy does a damn good job helping people on the forums."; Chances are, you'll be among the finalists.

Alternatively, you could knock the application out of the park, but if the PRA is reading it, and thinking: "This guy never tries to help people on the forums, and he's always putting people down." Chances are, your application's going right in the trash.

So in short, a "third way" is to get proactive and start acting like a PR before you're even hired.
    Work on always demonstrating your qualifications.
    Last edited by Meph; 10-08-2014 at 01:22 PM.

i already started to help people very active near 2 years ago when i got normal knowledge, i started helping people on forums when people started to stay here. i played much time so i have information that i give other players. i answer questions about weapons, suggest others, answer all questions, noobs questions also, i give this forums 2 hours per day and 1 hour to iEra. and i have not been recommended. i still think that when you help other players admin pay attention tothat but i want to find some others ways cause 2 years is too long and i think i an still far to dream.

nwo
    Quote Originally Posted by SashaGryg View Post
    i already started to help people very active near 2 years ago when i got normal knowledge, i started helping people on forums when people started to stay here. i played much time so i have information that i give other players. i answer questions about weapons, suggest others, answer all questions, noobs questions also, i give this forums 2 hours per day and 1 hour to iEra. and i have not been recommended. i still think that when you help other players admin pay attention tothat but i want to find some others ways cause 2 years is too long and i think i an still far to dream.
    Youve been afk for nearly 3 years straight lol, and if your dream is to be staff on a game then you seriously need a life or need to consider to do something with your life cause their are way better things out there waiting for you.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    lol :}

- - - Updated - - -

OMG NO IT IS TOO HARD!!! star, do you know any others ways? i just watched some guides and understood that graal scripting and leveling is too hard for me...html much easier, you dont need to download or buy anything.
    You don't need to buy anything to script or level either.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

If you're already doing it, then keep at it.
    If you're consistently delivering helpful information, it will eventually get noticed and pay off.

One thing I recommend not doing: Don't let it get to you; and don't let it get you down.
    If you really want it, keep going for it. Persistence pays off.

Also, don't make a habit of posting complaints about not getting hired.
    An inquiry like this to make sure you're on the right track is good, but often times people push the envelope and start complaining.

When people complain about "not getting hired", it makes them look desperate; and this makes me question their intentions.
    It shows me that they don't have faith in the system, and are very hungry for the power that comes with the position, instead of the intent of helping people.

To give you a more personalized examination, I've taken the liberty of looking at four pages of your posts.
    It does seem that your intent is there-- your posts usually have intent to help people.
    That's excellent- keep that up.

The only stabs against you that I see, from the outside looking in:

As far as your forum etiquette:

Grammar. A lot of people dismiss grammar because they don't feel it unnecessary.
    To me, putting in the effort to correct the grammar in your posts shows integrity. It shows that you care about what you're saying.
    It also makes it easier on the reader-- they won't have to second guess where your statements begin and end; and gives the feel of professionalism.
    The last thing we want to worry about with our new hires is whether or not they'll represent us with some degree of professionalism.

As I read your posts, it almost looks like your shift key is missing, as well as all punctuation.

Also, your sentence structure-- Your enter key seems to be missing as well.
    It's a good idea to keep your thoughts structured.
    If it's within the same topic, every time you address a new point, you want to bring it down to another line.

If you're switching topics, alternating viewpoints, or addressing another piece of the conversation at large, double space.
    Again- it makes it easier on the reader and allows your message to be conveyed effortlessly.
    And if you're out there helping people, you want your messages to be easily digested.

As far as your content:

Yes; as I stated: I can see your intent to assist is there.
    Your posts tend to have more of a conversative tone than an informative tone; which effects the way the entire message is perceived.
    When you're trying to pass on your Era knowledge to newcomers by addressing questions, you want your responses to have an "informative" tone.

You don't want it to sound like gossip.
    You want your reader to know that you stand by your posts with confidence.
    If you're giving information, state everything you say as if it's fact. (After all, it should be.)
    You cannot show any sign of instability in your thoughts when you drop knowledge.

These things are just what stuck out to me as potential hindrances to your recognition/recommendation.
    If I were the one going through applications, these are things I would thumbs down right off the cuff.
    Last edited by Meph; 10-08-2014 at 02:45 PM.

I thought there was a rule against these threads
    I don't spar or PK.

yup.

There is no rule against asking about qualifications of being hired, only threads complaining about jails or direct threads asking to be hired are frowned upon.
    Please message me here: http://www.era-go.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=79 if you have any questions or concerns!

Welcome to Era-Go, a way to better interact with the Era community!

Meph, you sad that i have not got shift. yes, it is true, i havent because i sit here from phone. and i dont think that my grammar is really terrible, but if you want to understand my words easier then i can write like in this message. i cant write better then this message's grammar. also I dont see any reason to write more readable cause my friends or anybody else understands me when I answer on theirs questions. thanks much anyway for suggestions

Meph, you sad that i have not got shift. yes, it is true, i havent because i sit here from phone. and i dont think that my grammar is really terrible, but if you want to understand my words easier then i can write like in this message. i cant write better then this message's grammar. also I dont see any reason to write more readable cause my friends or anybody else understands me when I answer on theirs questions. thanks much anyway for suggestions
    The thing is that your grammar and spelling and the rest of it must be of high quality if you want to be a PR. If you are not a translator but a PR then it must be easy for players to understand in English because that is the main language used.
    Anyway good luck with trying to get hired.