Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: how to become admin. 3rd way?

hhhm, i already leant javascripts. also i looked that second link and found that it is same as php.

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

Street Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by SashaGryg View Post
    hhhm, i already leant javascripts. also i looked that second link and found that it is same as php.
    The same syntax of PHP? I can see the structure, yes. But not too much.
    The sites I've listed really only give you an idea of the logic, math, syntax, etc of GS and how they'll be used while coding in GS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    "Champions aren't made in the ring-- they are merely recognized there."

You've identified two realms where people get recognized-- two "rings".
    Application, and recommendation.

And you're not wrong-- those are pretty much the only entry points that you have, if your goal is to be a PR.
    However, you've overlooked what happens before those points: the "training" that happens in order for you to be recognized in those "rings".

How do you get to the point of being recognized on an application, or recommended?
    Show that you can do the job before even obtaining it.

You've got a golden opportunity right here on these forums:
    People are constantly asking questions here-- many of which are the same exact questions we get as PRs.
    Be proactive: respond to these cries for help.
    See this as an opportunity to show everybody, "I'm here to help people. Even though I don't have the title, I'm going to go above and beyond to help my fellow player."
    This way, in addition to helping people, you'll also be building on your resume by advertising your knowledge.

Not only will this assist you in getting recommended, but when it comes to an application, regardless of what you put down, if it's written halfway decent and the PRA is reading your application, thinking: "Youknow, this guy does a damn good job helping people on the forums."; Chances are, you'll be among the finalists.

Alternatively, you could knock the application out of the park, but if the PRA is reading it, and thinking: "This guy never tries to help people on the forums, and he's always putting people down." Chances are, your application's going right in the trash.

So in short, a "third way" is to get proactive and start acting like a PR before you're even hired.
    Work on always demonstrating your qualifications.
    Man, just wanted to tell you this: you're amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The same syntax of PHP? I can see the structure, yes. But not too much.
    The sites I've listed really only give you an idea of the logic, math, syntax, etc of GS and how they'll be used while coding in GS.
    i dont know, i just started reading but i already found that it almost same. but it is only start...

- - - Updated - - -

where can i run my code, and where can i write it? so what programm i need to use?

Street Boss
    i dont know, i just started reading but i already found that it almost same. but it is only start...

- - - Updated - - -

where can i run my code, and where can i write it? so what programm i need to use?
    If you're referring to GS, RC contains a built-in scripting interface.
    If you're referring to Java, and you're interested in really getting involved with it, then I recommend Eclipse: https://www.eclipse.org/
    You can find a large selection of Eclipse over YouTube.

Hope this helps.

no, i meant GS. i used to test javascripts on notepad :} can you please post link with that RC?

Street Boss
    no, i meant GS. i used to test javascripts on notepad :} can you please post link with that RC?
    RC is built into the Graal client and can only be used at full potential with rights on a Graal server. I'm not sure if gold is still required since I haven't played in months, but if you don't have playerworlds yet, it can be found here: http://graalonline.com/playerworlds/
    As I've heard, testbed is open once again and information upon it can be found here: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hlight=testbed

If you can contact NicoX or whoever else who can give rights, whether it's over PM on a server or whatever, then you're good to go.

ough, so firstly i need to purchase or find server to check my scripts working?

Street Boss
    ough, so firstly i need to purchase or find server to check my scripts working?
    Precisely.
    Testbed is the best choice. I'm not knowing of any servers that will give rights for practicing scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Scripting in GS really isn't difficult, it just takes much practice. I recommend learning Javascript up to your limit first, then acknowledging how Java interacts with GS. Here's a site that I find very easy and well-made to learn Java: http://www.codecademy.com/

After you've reached your limit of choice, go ahead and read this article, created by FowlPlay4: http://public.zodiacdev.com/Fowlplay4

This is of course, if you'd like to get into scripting.
    Leveling on the other hand, is very simple, but a good level will take a ridiculous amount of effort and skill.
    Codecademy is not the best example. I can recommend codegym https://codegym.cc/quests, as they have great interactive tutorial. The advantage here is that you'll have a Interactive walkthrough and buddies that will be able to help you