Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Player Relations Applicants

Quote Originally Posted by Cudislagne View Post
    Ooo SHOTS FIRED
    I didn't mean that as an attack; I'm laying it out to be informative.

Lately I've seen threads sprouting up, either:
    • Claiming that they're more qualified than people who made the cut.
    • Claiming belief that poor application procedures are to blame for their unemployment.
    • Claiming belief that a jail/ban record is to blame for their unemployment.
    • Questioning the validity of our recommendation processes.

In another thread, Ventus wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    Direct threads asking to be hired are frowned upon.
    Ventus is exactly correct; it is frowned upon.
    As is any thread that addresses any of the above scenarios.

Don't get me wrong: simply asking the question, "how do I get hired", isn't a bad thing.
    But at this point in time, there are several threads out there that already address this question in depth.
    I myself have written a few detailed responses on this matter.
    It's a genuine question that somebody can address indefinitely, without their credibility going down the tubes.

But to question the administration, and publicly accuse their employment processes of discrimination?
    I certainly hope nobody expects to get hired after this display of ignorance.

1) It shows immaturity.
    2) It shows that you're not in it for the right reasons. You sound more hungry for power than anything.
    3) It shows that you can't take criticism.
    4) It's bad sportsmanship.
    5) It shows the administration that they have made no mistake in turning you down.

That's like applying at a local hardware store, getting declined, then protesting at their front door with a sign saying, "Screw Meph's Hardware. He hired his best friend's sister instead of me!"

In the event of getting turned down, dust yourself off and try again.

If you feel the need to consult the status of your application, don't do it publicly.
    Go directly to the person who denied you, and inquire on how you could improve.
    And when they notify you, don't go public with it, claiming discrimination.

You could also compare yourself to one of the applicants that made the cut in an unbiased manner: What do they posses that you don't?

And it could very well be that they network better than you.
    This is reality-- Networking is a large part of any employment process.
    Get out there and network.
    You gain nothing by feeling sorry for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by #14 AJ View Post
    Note that I never meant in my first post on this thread to offend you in any manner
    None taken
    I openly admit it- that record is what initially qualified me to be staff.

Quote Originally Posted by CircusAfro View Post
    I was warned twice for glitching in 2011. That's it lol.

I started this game when I was 12 so I was pretty immature at first.
    Yeah i know you told me and in warnings as i said doesnt mean "1000 warnings" i just said warnings which is more than once. #RespectPenguins

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post

Lately I've seen threads sprouting up, either:
    • Claiming that they're more qualified than people who made the cut.
    • Claiming belief that poor application procedures are to blame for their unemployment.
    • Claiming belief that a jail/ban record is to blame for their unemployment.
    • Questioning the validity of our recommendation processes.

In another thread, Ventus wrote:

Ventus is exactly correct; it is frowned upon.
    As is any thread that addresses any of the above scenarios.

Don't get me wrong: simply asking the question, "how do I get hired", isn't a bad thing.
    But at this point in time, there are several threads out there that already address this question in depth.
    I myself have written a few detailed responses on this matter.
    It's a genuine question that somebody can address indefinitely, without their credibility going down the tubes.

But to question the administration, and publicly accuse their employment processes of discrimination?
    I certainly hope nobody expects to get hired after this display of ignorance.

1) It shows immaturity.
    2) It shows that you're not in it for the right reasons. You sound more hungry for power than anything.
    3) It shows that you can't take criticism.
    4) It's bad sportsmanship.
    5) It shows the administration that they have made no mistake in turning you down.

That's like applying at a local hardware store, getting declined, then protesting at their front door with a sign saying, "Screw Meph's Hardware. He hired his best friend's sister instead of me!"

In the event of getting turned down, dust yourself off and try again.

If you feel the need to consult the status of your application, don't do it publicly.
    Go directly to the person who denied you, and inquire on how you could improve.
    And when they notify you, don't go public with it, claiming discrimination.

You could also compare yourself to one of the applicants that made the cut in an unbiased manner: What do they posses that you don't?

And it could very well be that they network better than you.
    This is reality-- Networking is a large part of any employment process.
    Get out there and network.
    You gain nothing by feeling sorry for yourself.

None taken
    I openly admit it- that record is what initially qualified me to be staff.
    Well i hope my record does the same because its been a year..LITERALLY! and i dont want power..i just have desire.
    Era-go.com
    A Real Lion~RAWR

nwo
    Beta you are just power hungry lol you don't need to be staff in order to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by Beta Frisko View Post
    and no mystic i never actually begged it was a figure of speech. I just asked alot and yes iam ready to be a staff and many and myself know that.
    Asking a lot still doesn't help. If they think you are right for the job, they will contact you themselves.

There's a difference between you thinking you're ready, and them thinking you're ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Guys, it's a real live cave person

Most of the people ona get hired for the powers and get Attention! Not actullay to help people
    Hi

Thanks cudi i hope you too if you want that because you too deserve it.
    And meph lol yeah people been talking about it and to be honest...i beg because its been over a year i want it and suddenly my brother comes and ruins a dream i worked hard for..if you were my place you would have killed my brother by now. But good thing i told casper and others and told me to let wisko stop using my account which i did.
    Lmao who said i care what do you care ? and since when do you take decisions for admins lol. TBH if you wanna lol it makes me happy i did giving me another reason to be a pr xd and btw its "responsibility lies ON you" not "IN you" just watch grammar.

- - - Updated - - -

and no mystic i never actually begged it was a figure of speech. I just asked alot and yes iam ready to be a staff and many and myself know that.
    You contradicted yourself there. And you are in no position to criticise anyone elses grammar.

By keep asking admins to hire you and by making threads asking will not help you in anyway, you come across as immature and desperate which is not what is wanted by staff.

I've played for four years., I've never been jailed, banned, or warned, but I've never made a thread about why I haven't been hired yet. They know who is right for the job and who is not. You're a good player, but it's just best to wait then rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafez View Post
    Most of the people ona get hired for the powers and get Attention! Not actullay to help people
    That's why they don't stay for long
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Honestly, this thread isn't really going anywhere and is just filled with lots of arguments.
    Have any questions or concerns?
    Email me at [email protected]
    PM me at in-game nickname Kitty A. Phoenix
    Private message me here via forum: http://era-go.com/forum/member.php?178-Kitty-A-Phoenix
    Want to apply to become a part of the Era staff team? Opportunities will be regularly updated here: http://era-go.com/forum/forumdisplay...-Opportunities

Enjoy Playing iEra!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CircusAfro View Post
    I was warned twice for glitching in 2011. That's it lol.

I started this game when I was 12 so I was pretty immature at first.
    I started playing when I was 10 years old (Basically I was playing iClassic actively for 9 months, along with iEra up until now, and I started iEra in late Jan 2011). Do you know how immature I was back then? Even though I wanted the position of PR at the age of 11, I was super immature. Led to constant warnings, jails, bans, etc. etc. Being 14 now, I find it tremendously ridiculous that they still think I am still the same as my past years, even when it was 2011.

Thanks cudi i hope you too if you want that because you too deserve it.
    Just easy on the vulgarity. I've seen you in-game, and honestly, every time I saw you, you would swear all the way to space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Well, you accidentally dropped some HOT SHOTS!