Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: showadmins

I'm completely clueless as to what the answer might be to this question, because I have no clue what necessary PM's the PR's get. But, here it is: Can the admins turn off offline PMs to fix that problem? Or is offline PMing even part of the problem?

jeni
    I would say that offline PMs, in my opinion, are not the issue. Personally, I have them turned off as it would take me almost all of my online time to catch-up and follow-up on them. The issue for me is just pure volume but I also understand that comes with the territory, you just won't see me advocating for more ways to become even more accessible than I already am. I seriously do not go 1 minute without a pm if I have my tag on. With it off, I may occasionally get to 3 minutes without one. My usual pm volume received probably averages 5 a minute, yes a minute, back to back. These range from hi and people looking for casual convo (which even my closest friends will tell you is impossible when I am on my staff account) to requests for dolls/statues, events, auctions, hiring, reports on other players, etc. Honestly, players pming me for general help or questions is probably 5% of my pm volume.

I also attempt to respond to all pms; however, depending on volume I have gotten to the point where I may not reply to just a hello. For goodness sakes, do not ask to ask a question or pm just to say you have a question...JUST ASK. Before I was staff I never understood why some admins put in their status ask your question in ONE PM lol, now it is clear as day why they do or it just multiplies unnecessary pms Insider tip, this activity annoys staff

I also feel very strongly that any member of the PR team should NEVER do pms from friends only or turn off pms while on tag so you will never see me do that as it defeats our purpose, in my opinion.

Anyway...y'all have heard my opinion and reasons why I am not a fan of the idea; however, looking at it from a player perspective, I can totally see why you would want it. Let's see what other staff and players say on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by jeni View Post
    I would say that offline PMs, in my opinion, are not the issue. Personally, I have them turned off as it would take me almost all of my online time to catch-up and follow-up on them. The issue for me is just pure volume but I also understand that comes with the territory, you just won't see me advocating for more ways to become even more accessible than I already am. I seriously do not go 1 minute without a pm if I have my tag on. With it off, I may occasionally get to 3 minutes without one. My usual pm volume received probably averages 5 a minute, yes a minute, back to back. These range from hi and people looking for casual convo (which even my closest friends will tell you is impossible when I am on my staff account) to requests for dolls/statues, events, auctions, hiring, reports on other players, etc. Honestly, players pming me for general help or questions is probably 5% of my pm volume.

I also attempt to respond to all pms; however, depending on volume I have gotten to the point where I may not reply to just a hello. For goodness sakes, do not ask to ask a question or pm just to say you have a question...JUST ASK. Before I was staff I never understood why some admins put in their status ask your question in ONE PM lol, now it is clear as day why they do or it just multiplies unnecessary pms Insider tip, this activity annoys staff

I also feel very strongly that any member of the PR team should NEVER do pms from friends only or turn off pms while on tag so you will never see me do that as it defeats our purpose, in my opinion.

Anyway...y'all have heard my opinion and reasons why I am not a fan of the idea; however, looking at it from a player perspective, I can totally see why you would want it. Let's see what other staff and players say on the matter
    i feel you're pain

Quote Originally Posted by jeni View Post

Ouch

jeni
    Pretty easy to read...LONG POST BY JENI=something she has a strong opinion about lol. But in truth, pm volume just happens to be a pain point for me and something I am struggling with atm

I get mad to get more than 10 pointless PMs in a 5 minute period. I think you're doing pretty well -w-

Banned
    We are sometimes told to message an online player relations member...

jeni
    Fair enough, How come showguild Player Relations won't work?

jenis got swag she can handle the spam!

More admins equals work load divided= less spam. With 5 pr's on at a time usually for a constant 2000 people sometimes more. It's hard for you guys. Why not hire more to take the work load off of yourselves. I see this as the easiest solution for the spam and load of pm's.