Thread: What is this beautiful piece of machinery?

Frag Grenade What is this beautiful piece of machinery?

This has been there for a while:
    Attachment 14389
    Kinda looks like the Russian medium tank Objekt 416:
    Attachment 14390

This has probably been stated multiple times but I will add my expertise in this subject. It looks like it's been hinted in the game for a while, armored vehicles. With the E8 Sherman introduced as a drive-able vehicle in Graal, will armored vehicles soon be a method of fighting? If so, I'd absolutely love to help out with that, currently I'm making a sprite of my favorite tank the Renault FT-17, which I will show when it's complete.

How can armored vehicle effect the game?
    Pros:
    - Good anti-streaking ability
    - Could offer extra HP like what a car does
    - Could be a female tank (tank armed with a machine gun) or a male tank (tank armed with a breech loaded weapon)
    - Can add a whole different gameplay to Era
    - Tank skins! Historically accurate camouflage to totally wonky razzle dazzle camouflage!

Neutrals:
    - Could be as fast as a normal player speed (or even slower, if necessary)
    - Could carry a passenger?

Cons:
    - Possibly over powered if not balanced correctly
    - Can be too much in the streets (no more cars, but just make it so tanks can do car missions)
    - Does not fit in the Era's modern style (possibly, not everyday you see a tank on the streets... but it's not everyday you see a guy with a flamethrower on the streets either)

I think it would be insanely fun seeing tank versus tank or armored car vs IFV in Era. But many things stand in the implementation of this. If I can help out with it in any way I'll do it for sure. Even if it's adding the description when you buy it. :P

How's my FT-17 doing:
    Attachment 14409

I'm wondering about the size (the player next to it is proper scaling), I'm not done with the colors or anything (obviously) so I just want to know if it's too small or too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    How's my FT-17 doing:
    Attachment 14409

I'm wondering about the size (the player next to it is proper scaling), I'm not done with the colors or anything (obviously) so I just want to know if it's too small or too big.
    If this was a car/ mount of sorts i'd say the size is perfect. The design is pretty cool good luck!

Thank you! I was a great little bugger in WWI, being the most mass produced tank of its time, and first ever "modern" tank:
    Attachment 14410
    Seems like the size in-game matches the size in real life. :P

- - - Updated - - -

I'll go ahead and make this my FT-17 progress thread as well. I'm really happy the way it's turning out, but time for shading:
    Attachment 14444

Whoa! Nice
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.

Good Job!

Soldier
    Nice Job

Thanks guys, I'm now working on the turret rotation and track movement. Also working on the fire image of the 37 mm.